on 2 July 2015
Excellent beginners camera--and i certainly am a beginner. Very high quality stills, very realistic colours, A4 prints v good. Canon reckon up to A2 (small poster).Camera thin and very light--but no memory card in box. Separate ,small light lithium battery charger, so have to take charger or spare charged battery on holiday. On the other hand this allows smaller lighter camera. Camera connects to pc through mini usb on camera side--cable also not in box!
Three levels of complexity -- auto-which produces excellent results in the vast majority of conditions--extreme close up, into the sun, people etc. Live--which adds colour and brightness control, scenes such as snow, low light, fireworks etc and probably most importantly an image stabilisation mode(IS). Auto does not include IS unlike Ixus 150,155. Have found that 145 auto not good for low light indoors with no flash as often required in museums,art galleries, churches. Here IS mode produces excellent results. Haven't tried low light scene yet.
Third level complexity is program mode giving detailed control over exposure,focus etc(including ability to lock focus on moving object eg dog). I will probably never use this.
Purchased 16GB card which gives 3,500 stills at highest resolution(16 mpixel)
Camera also shoots vga or hd video--excellent quality but no IS and with very small light camera means results a bit jerky. Very little control over video colours etc--zoom works though. 16GB card can store several hours HD video.
So recommend order mini usb/usb cable, memory card and spare battery if you don't have them.
on 26 March 2015
Great quality camera. You can't go wrong with an ixus if you want a great point and shoot camera. Good picture quality and great battery life.
on 15 July 2015
I am very grateful and pleased it arrived very fast, two days after I have paid. My previous camera was Canon IXUS 95, I just loved it. Unfortunately, it was lost somewhere, on the trains or in the restaurant. And I found this IXUS 145 here with even better function 8 times optical zoom. More interesting shooting modes with it. the price was great, Thinking to get another one for my young boy birthday gift.
However, there is a downside that there is no usb cables and memory card to come with it (with the price, I am happy without it) Luckily, I still have the usb cables from my lost Canon which I am very pleased. If you don't mind buying a extra USB cable, I would recommend this to you. Thumbs up!!!
on 28 August 2015
I bought the Ixus 145 as a quick and portable camera for taking on holiday. I was pleasantly suprised by the quality and performance. Obviously this is a budget camera but it represents good value for money and gives decent pictures for the price. It takes pictures quickly and easily which is important for a point-and-click camera. The image quality is decent although it struggles a little in low-light conditions. Also it managed the week holiday on a single charge which is very handy.
on 11 September 2015
I bought this camera because it's the nearest updated model to what I had before which has served me faithfully for over 5 years. I am very happy that the good features are still there, and there are more. I was worried it might be more complicated than before, but even a tech-nervous user like me found it easy to work out how to use it. I'm just a happy-snapper who also needs to take images for our printed magazine so the resolution needed to be higher than my old camera, and this does the job. Very easy to use.
on 24 April 2015
I love it, love it, love it? So easy to slip into a pocket and have with you all the time. Ensures none of those 'wish I had my camera with me' is missed. Works perfectly. Easy to operate provided one takes time to learn. A very reasonably priced camera that produces excellent photos. Ticks all the boxes.
on 28 July 2015
Delivered on time. Great little camera. Fits into the smallest handbag/pocket. Very good quality photos, great zoom. Easy to use instructions. Would recommend for anyone needed this type of camera.
on 28 June 2015
The camera arrived on time. I have just used it for Lymm Historic Transport Day. Brilliant !
on 22 February 2015
simple but effective camera
on 31 May 2015
5 stars! This is an excellent camera and great value. The zoom on this camera is very impressive and the general quality of the pictures are amazing, you can capture so much detail! Also, besides all that, it is a very attractive and slim camera which you can take anywhere. A must buy!!