4.0 out of 5 stars Biker grit and extreme violence.
Published 8 months ago by Lizzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Was ok
Published 8 months ago by Heroesinbooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Biker grit and extreme violence., 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Angels In Leather (Rebels On Bikes Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I love Bella Jewel's work so I was surprised at the beginning of this when I didn't like it. I felt no empathy for the main characters, Meadow and Axel at all and wasn't particularly bothered about reading it. However, I hate wasting money on books and this had such brilliant reviews, I kept on reading and slowly her writing pulled me in. Her characters became more rounded and they began to become more real. As usual you start living their lives and wondering what will happen next - hoping that what happens next will be ok.
It is however extremely violent and covers abuse, torture and rape.
It is worth it, so if like me you don't like the beginning, keep on going.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 rounded up to 4 stars., 13 May 2014
3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

**Spoilers, read at own risk**

Book started off really strong and grabbed you straight away.

Possibly a more angsty and darker MC club feel than her other MC series. It is raw and gritty and a darker read then the MC Sinners one (even though they touched on some pretty dark themes themselves)

I like how we get Axel's POV also, as being in his head and feeling his pain, made it so, while not able to truly forget how his behaviour was to Meadow at the start, it helped to understand it somewhat.

I really did enjoy it.

However, as I have had issues with in the past with Bella Jewel books, actual details need to be worked on! She is great at writing a story that drags you in, but the basics, the foundations that carry a book are missing!

For example, why and when did Meadow go to jump? How did she recover, what truly drove her to it!

We are told, at one point, she lost her Mom, and pretty soon after lost her dad, well...she lost her Mom at aged 4, and lost her Dad at about age 20...that is not pretty soon after!

And when she is talking to Raide...The case had basically been a failure when we lost Axel and Beast, but then your dad started gathering information again. He was getting threatened, and it was becoming too dangerous for you and him to stay in town about why her Dad was taking her away the day he got shot!

Axel went missing with Beast when Meadow was 12....she was about 20 when her dad died! So at 12 the case is a failure, but he gathered more data, working for 8 years on a failed case, and then was getting threatened! It is told, as if it is a matter of months, when it was 8 years!!

It is like having a beautiful house, perfect decorative touches etc, but the foundations are a bit wobbly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great story by Bella Jewel, 13 Feb 2014
I sacrificed a night of sleep because I just couldn't put it down. Love the strong characters especially Meadow. Good storyline with great characterization and well written. I've been reading a lot of MC fiction lately. This was definitely one of the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MC book, 14 Aug 2014
I'm really ashamed to say that this book has been on my kindle since Febuary, I was always going to read it but I got distracted by other new releases. I was in need of a hot, steamy, sexy, read with a big dose of animal sex and no one does it better then Bella she always delivers.
Meadow has had a difficult life the daughter of a MC president, her mother died when Meadow was young too. She always been surrounded by men and violence, her one shining light in her life has been Axel, he has always been there for her until he goes missing, he comes back a different person the terrible events that happened to him changed him forever and he is no longer Meadow's light. As her father dies Meadow is passed some confidential information that she must pass to a contact but keep out of Axel's hands. And so the chase begins, will these two people who share a strong bond ever be friends again ?
As I said before I needed a sexy steamy read with plenty of action and that's excatly what I got. It has wall to wall action with some pretty hot sex scenes to boot. the characters in Bella's books are never pretty but the make you connect with them, you want Meadow to find love and you want Axel to allow someone to love him.
A raw and beautifully written story that will grip you until the end !

3.0 out of 5 stars Was ok, 22 Feb 2014
This was a tricky book in places. It is very different to the MC Sinners series by Ms Jewel. I think my main problem is Axel, the lead male character. I really found him so cruel. I understand the reasons he had such a dark side but still found it hard to accept his behaviour. Lots of typos which were a bit distracting and also a few parts to the story that were not answered. Preferred Sinners but will probably try book 2 .

4.0 out of 5 stars Well hello badass bikers!! That was hot!!, 21 Jun 2014
This book had everything, it was gritty, intense and sexy as hell.

All of the characters are very loveable, even the mean badass biker that is Axel. The storyline was interesting and different to most MC books I've read, although occasionally some parts where a bit predictable (which is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5.)

I can't wait to read the next in the series and get to know the other Angels in Leather!

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels in Leather is a must read!!!!, 18 Jun 2014
Once I started the book, I couldn't put it down!!! I don't want to give too much away, but Meadow and Axel will leave you wanting more!

3.0 out of 5 stars On the fence, 11 Jun 2014
I really loved the mc sinners series, so thought I'd give this book a go. I thought the story was ok......., but to be honest there were a few things that didn't make sense to me, axel and meadows whole relationship, axel had a chance to kill beast but doesn't take it. Don't really want to say too much and spoil it for anyone wanting to read it.
It was readable, but definitely could have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars angels in leather, 1 May 2014
michaela p (worksop nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
i love bella jewel books they never seem to disappoint and neither does this one i loved every page of it .. even the nail biting pages towards end!.. go buy it you wont be disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 17 April 2014
I did really enjoy this book,it was an easy read and filled a gap from my last book hangover. I loved meadow she's a feisty little thing and axl is of course hot! I'm really liking Bella jewel. There not the most fantastic books but there easy to read :)