4.0 out of 5 stars Five stars as straighteners, four stars as a product.
(Reviewed by my girlfriend)

First off, these are standard GHD hair straighteners. There’s nothing special about them, they’re the standard size, standard plates, and standard grip. By my scales these are 30 grams lighter than my year-old GHDs, but that’s the only difference.

They are, like all GHDs, amazing hair straighteners, able...
Published 3 months ago by Squeebles

3.0 out of 5 stars squeaky
ok I.suppose bit squeaky and they pull a bit on your hair while using thennot worth the money paid for them
Published 29 days ago by donna

4.0 out of 5 stars Five stars as straighteners, four stars as a product., 22 April 2014
Squeebles (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
(Reviewed by my girlfriend)

They are, like all GHDs, amazing hair straighteners, able to give my mid-back length coarse curly hair a quick once over in less than 10 minutes, and full-on poker straight in 15.

So, what makes these different to other GHDs? Not much really. The plug is a fixed UK plug, rather than the usual European two pin with click-on converter. The on/off switch is a chunky square, rather than flat slider. The LED that lights up to indicate the straighteners are hot is a bright flashing red square (I much prefer the gentle gold glowing light on my current pair, but hey).

I find with GHD it all comes down to colour choice, and the Apple product type drive for the kudos of having the ‘new’ range. With this edition of GHDs you get no added-value whatsoever. There’s no bag, no heat mat, no clips, not even the cheap plastic cap that holds the straighteners in the closed position for storage.

If you want the thrill of the new, go for it. If you’re just looking for a pair of GHDs, there’s no discernable difference between these and older editions which are 40 cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars The usual high quality, but now in three flavours!, 1 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just as Dyson are instantly associated with vacuum cleaners, when a product has ghd on it, you know you can guarantee a high quality product, and these latest straighteners do not disappoint. They don’t offer anything new (as far as I can tell) over the previous IV model, other than you now have the choice of three glossy colours. If that is important to you, then you’ll love these! If it’s not, then you can still pick up the standard model for about 15-20 cheaper.

They’re quite compact so good for taking away at the weekend, though like other ghd straighteners I’ve never really been blown away with the build quality – I’ve never had any actually fall apart on me, but they do feel a bit plastic for the price you pay.

Still, they deliver the high quality I’ve come to expect from ghd products which eclipses most other brands out there, so I’m not complaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beaten, 19 Jun 2014
Amazon Customer "Dinah93" (Cleveland,UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The finish these achieve is impeccable. I have had the opportunity to use them on both long hair and a just past shoulder style as I've just had a drastic pre-baby chop. On my very long, curly thick do I have to admit the thin plates struggled somewhat and it was a slow job, but the eventual finish was very good. However on the shorter hair they're brilliant, my hair ended up poker straight, shiny, and I could easily use them to add shape and style to the layers. Personally I'd rather pay less and not have the pastel colour as I think it's a little cheap looking, but compared to any other brand of straightener that I've tried these are simply brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best, 24 April 2014
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
GHD have always been a premium brand and their straighteners are arguably the best a consumer can buy. The last pair we bought in our household are still going strong after 8 years of use which is testament in itself.

So on to this new model. Firstly it comes in a nice glossy pastel colour they’ve called ‘periwinkle’.

In hand they feel very much the same as our old pair but with a few nice tweaks. There is an audible beep when they are ready and feature a handy cut off if they haven’t been used in a while 930 minutes). This is great for those of us double and triple checking to make sure they are unplugged.

In use they seem to glide a lot easier than the old pair and do equally as good a job if not slightly better. The cable is nice and long and swivels where it meets the straightener so you can easily stand where you want.

My only niggle is whilst the packaging is very nice I would have expected maybe a pouch or some sort of heat bag to keep them in, especially considering how much these go for.

Overall though, these are still the top dog and now in even more colours to suit everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job quickly and effectively, 21 July 2014
Christian (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These really had the wow factor. My partner had used other heating tongs (vidal) which seemed to drag through the hair (thick hair) whereas these just glide through. They take around 15 minutes to straighten the hair compared to over 30 minutes before without a good job being done. Thoroughly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars <3, 13 July 2014
This review is from: ghd IV Pastel Styler, Lavender (Personal Care)
Amazing, quick delivery, they work brilliantly!

5.0 out of 5 stars She said that they are a great product which is what you would expect with GHD, 10 July 2014
This review is from: ghd IV Pastel Styler, Lavender (Personal Care)
My wife was thrilled when I brought her these. She said that they are a great product which is what you would expect with GHD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Daughter loved the colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 4 July 2014
Excellent. Lovely colour. Good price. Love these.

3.0 out of 5 stars squeaky, 1 July 2014