Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The bag looked quite large when I received it but having used it for a while I've soon realised that it is capable of holding quite a lot of equipment such as spare batteries, filters, lenspens etc, all nicely separated out into the two side compartments.

I like the way that the lens is cosseted into a padded tubular section with the camera body above it. This feels very secure to me. There is tons of padding in the case throughout, even on the lid, which also contains another internal pocket which contained a free microfibre lens cloth. The inside of the case is finished in an attractive bright blue lining. Heaven forbid I should ever drop the camera bag with the camera in it but if I did I would think there is a good chance that it would be undamaged thanks to the very good padding inside the bag. It also looks like it would be very water-proof, certainly enough to withstand a rainy day out walking.

The main part of the bag has a very clever zip section at the bottom which can be unzipped to make an additional compartment for a spare lens. My zoom lens (18-140mm) attached to the camera can be absorbed quite easily into the main section without having to use this bottom section but while on holiday I've been able to stuff all sorts of things into the bottom section while on a day out.

The carry handle on the top is useful and the shoulder strap can be adjusted to an appropriate length.

The whole bag is very well made and I think it offers good protection to the camera. I am sure I will get a few years use from it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I first saw this holster bag I was impressed with the quality so I wasn't surprised it is guaranteed for 25 years. It can be carried using a non detachable strap on the top of the bag or if you want to carry it around your shoulders, there is a long wide strap for this purpose. It is extremely well designed and padded.
The advertising boasts that you can put a camera plus 70-200 lens in it. Looking at the outside of the bag, I was rather sceptical at first but by unzipping the base, I could actually fit my friend's Canon 70D with 70-200 lens attached . The inside of the bag is lined with a soft brushed material. There are two outside compartments which are quite roomy. I was able to put a Canon 50mm lens in one plus memory cards, remote switch etc in the other. There is a third larger padded compartment on the rear of the bag and I was just able to fit my Lee filter wide angle adaptor into that.
For those without a zoom lens like the 70-200 my Canon 5d Mark II with 24-105 lens attached went in quite easily plus other accessories in the side and back compartment
Access to the camera and lens was a doddle. No messing around, just unzip and you are ready to shoot. Just like a gun from a holster!
It came with a camera cleaning cloth and raincover which was a nice little bonus.
Even when full, the bag did not feel heavy or cumbersome. I don't always want to carry a lot of equipment with me and for those times, this bag fits the bill perfectly.
Highly recommended as it ticks all the boxes. In a nutshell, well made, well designed, great camera protection, light to carry, not large but manages to fit a 70D with telephoto lens plus accessories, very easy access
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This holster is long enough to contain my Pentax K5 DSLR, its original 18-55mm kit lens, and the additional 55-300mm Telephoto lens, but it is not ideal. The partition and various pockets are as described in the Az blurb, with Velcro on the partition ends allowing it to be usefully secured elsewhere than originally intended.

The problem is that the possible arrangements with an extra lens sharing the bag are not always comfortable, and I am concerned about damaging the lens not fitted to the camera. There are two scenarios.

1. Kit lens on camera. There is not quite enough room to store the Telephoto lengthwise in the extension below the camera - they are all stacked and it feels too tight. So instead the extension is zipped short, and the camera goes in first, the partition is now placed front to back over the camera screen, and the zoom then lives in its original pouch and has to be stored lying crossways on the partition, so it is the first thing one sees when the lid is opened.

2. Telephoto on camera. Same problem with stacking. However here the kit lens lies across the bottom of the extension, the padded partition now lies on top of it and the end of the telephoto rests on the padding. While now the lenses are still separated by padding, this feels the least good because the extended case does not seem to offer as much protection against casual knocks.

Scenario 1 is less convenient, but offers better protection and has the more frequently used kit lens mounted on the camera. Scenario 2 is more convenient, especially when using the telephoto, but offers less protection to the kit lens now sitting on the bottom of the extended holster.

The waterproof cover is a nice-to-have, but my much simpler old Jessops camera case (alas not long enough for a Tele) has already proven to be shower-proof without needing an extra cover.

My ideal camera case would have a separate padded lens pocket living alongside where the lens fitted to the camera lies, so it is no longer looking like a tapered holster, but more like a simple rectangular back pack. However all the options offering this extra lens pocket that I have seen so far are all vastly too big, and offer laptop and tripod etc space as well. Still looking...

Addendum. 08 May 2014
I've found this SLRC-202 case is a more useful way of containing the camera and three lenses etc. Still not ideal, and looks too much like a camera bag, but it is much more ergonomic than the 'holster'.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I wasn't sure what to make of the shape of a holster in contrast to the camera bag I usually use but I now think this is way better.
The camera plus lens fits snug and secure, it slides into the holster which means it is so quick and easy to take it out again. Just unzip and pull the camera out, ready to go. Much faster than undoing bag fastenings and wrestling the camera out, then attach lens.
This holster means I can leave the camera safe and protected until I want to start taking photos.
I can tuck another smaller lens at the bottom of the holster, this is possible because of the expandable zipper .
I like the waterproof holster cover supplied in one of the two side pockets. Inside is another pocket with a supplied lens cloth and there is room for filters to be stored.
At the back is another zippered pocket for extras.
I am impressed by the how well made this is. The stitching looks good and long lasting. Can't find anything to criticise at all.
The holster has plenty of padding all over including the lid which feels reassuring in case of falling or dropping.
Easy to fit inside my camera with the 200mm zoom lens already attached and the 55mm lens safely tucked away underneath in case I want to use it.
Comfy to carry via the shoulder strap. A great bag. Definitely recommended. Love it !
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am delighted with this zoom holster which is a great fit for my Nikon DSLR with my zoom lens attached. It's a great time saver to be able to stash it safely without having to store them separately.

Pros

- Well designed with numerous pockets and expandable storage with some reconfiguration possible
- Well padded to protect your equipment
- 200mm zoom lens can be stashed away whilst still attached to the camera
- Rain cover and lens cleaner supplied
- Comfortable strap
- Easy access

Cons

- None that I've identified so far
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this as a substitute for my original bag that came with my camera( The strap was nowhere near long enough ).
On first opening this up I thought oh no it's far to big and chunky, However upon inspection it really is not that bad. Yes it is big however everything fits in neatly, you can hold spare batteries, charger, filters, etc.

It can even be unzipped and extended to allow for a bigger lens. It also comes with a handy waterproof cover as well as a lens cleaning cloth both of which i did not expect.

As an important thing for me was the length of the carrying strap, this was the first thing I checked and was pleasantly surprised to see that the strap can be extended to even fit over my head to hang comfortably by my side, I also like the way that the lens can fit into a movable padded tubular section making it feel safe and secure when packing away.

All in all I would highly recommend this product for anyone looking to change there current bag unless you are going for the full on backpack case.
Light
=====
It's light, well made and suitable for most DSLR cameras.

Secure
======
It's sturdy and well packaged. If you have an expensive piece of kit it's really worth investing in this. It's the equivalent of having your camera in cotton wool.

Bag or this
===========
This allows you to carry a camera, set up with a zoom lens.
I personally think this "holster" is easier to access than a bag and feels much more secure.

Overall
=======
The waterproof cover is a welcome bonus. It's not too heavy and gives both security and accessibility in one neat package. Recommended.
on 15 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very well made and well thought out DSLR bag. It takes my Nikon DSLR and there is also ample storage space for spare batteries, lenses,filters et al. I love the little zip compartment at the base of the bag, which is great for lenses, but truthfully has had everything but the the lens stored safely in it.
I will put my hand up to the fact that I knocked the bag - with camera in situ- off the kitchen table, and I am happy to report that there was no damage to my beloved camera at all.
The handles are both sturdy & comfortable, and all in all I am delighted with this beautifully functional bag.
VINE VOICEon 5 July 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have used both standard and holster style cases in the past, and its unusual to find a holster style with as much capacity as this one; plenty of room for my Nikon SLR with long lens attached, as well as having spare room for extra batteries and a smaller zoom (which I wrap in a hiking sock for extra padding!)

Overall, its well designed and looks good with the high quality materials and stitching you can expect with Case Logic bags (I also own a rucksack and laptop bag from this brand). Padding is generous and the strap is comfortable too.

Best of all is the ease of use; this style of bag is definitely better for a more 'impromptu' style of shooting e.g. walking around a city on holiday. It only takes a moment to whip your camera in and out (unlike my sturdier and more capacious other bag, in which I keep my full kit.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm a hobby photographer and relatively new to it so I don't have a lot of gear (yet), but I think I'll get a lot of use from this as my kit expands. More than enough room for my camera and although I don't have any extra lens I'm dying to try out the zippered section which is purpose made to accommodate zoom extras. Lots of pockets for cards, cloths and I've even managed to get a little cleaning kit in there too.

Everything feels really secure and what I most like about this is that it's padding is robust without being excessive. My current bag is of a similar size but consists of mostly padding, with little room for actual kit. This one feels sturdy without being cumbersome and is the perfect size for my needs.

Very well made and the attention to detail is obvious.