5.0 out of 5 stars Compliments such an outstanding device
As alot of reviews appear to be mostly negative, I will try to balance it out with my thoughts!

First I'm pleased to see Amazon and others follow suit in a much lower price point than the original RRP of £35.

After the frustration of trying to find one of these cases in another color than "grey", I've finally got my hands on a purple and the...
Published 6 months ago by Alex-D

2.0 out of 5 stars Innovative but with a flaw
[Was 3 stars]

So this is the long awaited Dot View case by HTC for the One (M8). I've really been looking forward to this and I got my hands on one from Carphone Warehouse just yesterday and I really hate to say I do feel a little disappointed with it...

The good:
- Innovative and looks stunning
- Design looks great (you'd think it's a bad...
Published 7 months ago by GlueStick

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fancy!, 6 Oct 2014
This review is from: HTC Dot Flip Cover Case for HTC One (M8) - Grey (Accessory)
I love this, it's so unassuming that I was unsure it would actually do all the fab things it says it will... it's not perfect (and this may be user error, as some features like voice activated dialling don't work for me), but I love that I can answer calls without opening the case, see message, email and missed call notifications, weather, time etc.... simple pleasures.

It's obviously not a hard case so isn't the best protection if you're fond of dropping your phone, but it will at least prevent scratches on the back of your phone. The case leaves imprints of the dots on the screen, but easy to wipe off and it doesn't last. Not a big deal for me as I always keep a cloth handy for wiping fingerprints/smudges off anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but not that useful., 11 Oct 2014
This is quite gimmicky and not really that useful but it does look nice. The spring in the flap means that it pops closed and you can't use the phone effectively without two hands - quite irritating. You also can't really watch videos without taking the whole case off as the angle it sits back on is useless and bending the flap back means the plastic is being damaged.

The plastic is good quality and it hugs the phone nicely. It looks great and people oooh and ahhh when you double tap the case and the time and temperature come up.

You can't answer a call without opening the case and when it does display a phone number, it's so hard to make it out that it's not really useful.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... case for a while now and it's not the best. The phone clips in OK but the front ..., 1 Oct 2014
Had this case for a while now and it's not the best. The phone clips in OK but the front does not close properly. With a bit of a stretch the hours in the case like up will but on its own the image just looks blurred. The front does bend around the back of the phone and you can hold it back there while you type with the other hand but the phone does not have the weight to good it flat on a table top.
I just dropped my phone in case from my knee onto a laminate wood floor. Although there was no damage to either the phone or case, the phone was fired our of the case onto the floor. I'm pleasei did it in the house and not in the street.
My advice, find one that fits more securely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't!, 9 Oct 2014
Bought one of these for the same reason anyone has, they seem kind of cool. Which it is, but don't think HTC have thought it through. It seems to go off quite often with no touching at all, it's not hugely easy to use the phone with it on as it doesn't wrap round very neatly and snaps back in place as soon as you let go of it, plus I've found it occasionally rings one of my last 3 numbers as I've been putting it in my pocket or that annoying guy asking you to speak the number you require! To top it off, the corner broke, though that was probably more my fault, but still, shouldn't break after a fortnight. Binned it. Interesting as a novelty, useless as a long term case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Also being able to answer your phone whilst the dot cover is closed is a nice touch, preventing the need for frantically getting, 9 Oct 2014
This case is everything you could want out of a phone case. From protection to style it makes the grade for me. I am a very clumsy person to put it bluntly, and have found it necessary with all my previous phones, to have the biggest, chunkiest rubber cases. Yet having droppeb my phone a couple of Times now in the flip case, there is not a mark in sight. Also being able to answer your phone whilst the dot cover is closed is a nice touch, preventing the need for frantically getting your phone out your pocket and fiddling about, whilst in the meantime the caller has hung up.
I highly recommend that if you're clumsy like me you protect your phone with the flip case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Practical but still over priced, 16 Oct 2014
Benjamin J. Lynch (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I can't believe some stores are charging a shocking £30 for this product, even at £15 I still the feel a little ripped off. The cover itself is a pure gimmick, although it does protect my phone to a degree. I wouldn't want to trust this device from protecting my phone from any kind of real height (1m+), but I feel confident that my screen is protected from accidental scrapes and scratches, but I still use a cheap film type screen protector too for peace of mind.
Answering calls and such without having to open the case is a bonus but the product overall does feel cheap, anyone paying over £15 for this product has far too much money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete disaster. Utterly disappointed, 27 Aug 2014
This is quite possibly the worst accessory I've ever bought for a phone. The concept is super cool, but flawed in so many ways...

Pros:
- Looks super cool
- Works fine for the very few things compatible
- Doesn't add an extra thickness to the phone

Cons:
- Plastic. For one of the nicest looking phones around, with awesome design and metallic back, it feels a bit stupid to have a plastic case
- Does not really close. No magnet. It just stays close to the screen but... will it last?
- Leaves plenty of dot traces on screen
- Does not work with ANYTHING, except SMS, calls, e-mails, alarm clock and timer. No notifications whatsoever for any other app. The functionality is way too limited for the case to be handy
- Stupid as well, but won't even stay activated (daydream) when plugged in. My phone being usually my night watch, it's now annoying
- Does not even work with music. I have to open the case to control whatever I'm listening to. What's the point then?
- Worst flaw yet: Absolutely prevents you from using the phone with one hand. Due to not having a magnet, all the case wants to do is to close. You basically need to hold it open with your left hand and process with your right hand. Which makes me think: what if you're left-handed? What if you type with two hands? That is literally a gamebreaker. Using this case is not comfortable at all, actually it rather brings pain.

Utterly disappointed by a case which limits my phone usage and does not even fulfill its role. It feels strange to have such a bad designed product from a company manufacturing one of the nicest looking and working phones around. HTC got me used to high quality stuff before that.
Honestly, just buy a random pouch or case, it will at least allow you to use your phone normally

4.0 out of 5 stars Flippycase that....in this case....WORKS., 10 Oct 2014
Does what the reviews say it does. My only issue is, is that it doesn't close all the way even after "breaking it in". I would return but it's too much hassle. Oh the other issue is - Don't try and flip it around the back of your phone as it makes typing a nightmare. Instead - Hold your phone between your index finger and thumb, flip the case around the back like normal and catch it with your middle finger. This makes typing a hell of a lot easier! HTC do keep putting updates out for the case, so now you can have beautiful background to go with the time and weather.

4.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for the HTC M8, 12 Nov 2014
Great product. Am glad they finally updated the software so most notifications show on the phone otherwise it was going to be a waste of money.

Only downside is that it scratches very easily and it leave these dots over your screen which in the light obscure the screen when you open the case so you have to keep wiping the screen. It's also a little difficult to take pics as you can't open the case all the way as it obscures the camera lens and it insists on closing by itself so can be a bit tricky at times.

If you have a HTC M8. You need this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dot view case, 13 April 2014
J. Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
Expensive but worth it for the looks you get when tapping the front panel :-) protects well but the front panel does not sit nice when folded round the back for calls,which then blocks the rear camera, you can of course take/reject calls without opening it, another plus. Overall very happy with my case if slightly cheaper would have been 5 stars

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›