5.0 out of 5 stars A clever storyline
It never ceases to amaze me and please me how John Locke weaves characters from his other series into new books. This is one of the authors, the other being Tim Ellis, who I impatiently wait for a new release and once released stop what I am reading to start the new book. Once again 5 stars or 11/10.
Published 10 months ago by Appledore

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the nastiest book I've ever read ...
... Really.

I have read every single John Locke novel, and enjoyed them all. Until now.

This is a tale of spite, pain, betrayal, unmitigated by Mr Locke's usual clever plotting - and worse, none of his trademark black humour. It's just nasty.

Published 10 months ago by Andrew Heenan

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the nastiest book I've ever read ..., 1 Mar 2014
Andrew Heenan "Andrew" (Canterbury UK) - See all my reviews
... Really.

I have read every single John Locke novel, and enjoyed them all. Until now.

If I didn't trust Mr Locke, there's no way I'd have finished it; but I did, and I did, and I wish I hadn't.

AS a Donovan Creed Fan, Callie Fan, Enorma Fan, Rose Fan, and Fan of The Child, I feel utterly cheated, and very saddened.

Once before, he was tempted to write a nasty book; he consulted his fans, and listened to them. No book. This time, no consultation. Just nastiness.

Next time, I'll read more slowly; I'll see it coming - and if it's this style, I'll not finish it. I don't have the audience Mr Locke does, but I swear that if he does this again, I'll use what tiny influence I have to warn the world.And it'll be the last time I ever read a John Locke novel.

You have been warned; Good Luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Casting Call (Kindle Edition)
This is another great book by one of my favorite authors, John Locke. It is a fast read, one that makes you turn a page (or swipe that kindle screen) so fast just to keep up with the story. Yes, this story twists and turns so fast you almost need to take notes. It goes from one crazy part to the next crazy part in a flash and you just won't believe what is happening. Poor Bobby Tang is having a hard time- his wife divorced him, he lost his job, his money is running, but he has no idea what is in store for him now that he's run into Kaylee and Ivy. It only gets crazier.

That is about the only thing I can safely tell you about the book without giving anything away. If you are a Locke fan, you will love the crossover of the characters from the other books. Otherwise, this is a completely new, standalone book, not part of a series at all. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is the fact that there may have been too many twists and it was a little hard for me to keep straight- that might have been my problem though, and the fact that there was a little too much weirdness going on that I really didn't seem to fit into the storyline. But, hey, as ever, it's a Locke book with snappy dialogue that made time fly and gave me an afternoon of wonderful entertainment. Thanks again, John!

5.0 out of 5 stars A clever storyline, 1 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Really enjoyed it

4.0 out of 5 stars A different approach but got me hooked, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Casting Call (Kindle Edition)
I started reading and thought I had bought a child's book by mistake. I actually skipped several chapters to check !!
But once I understood the 'approach' - another good storyline with plenty of action. What I like most is the detail - you can get into the events as you read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Casting Call (Kindle Edition)
I am a John Locke fan. This was typical, but seemed to me a little short. If you like Locke you will enjoy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Casting Call (Kindle Edition)
Only recently discovered john Locke having read the Dani ripper stories and now i want more. Quick amusing and engaging read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Locke never disappoints, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Casting Call (Kindle Edition)
one for Locke fans - never fails.
very quirky,numerous and always with a plot that's hard to guess. Read it

2.0 out of 5 stars Mind boggle, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Casting Call (Kindle Edition)
I found I couldn't keep up with the twist and turns still not to sure what it was all about I think I was meant to read a Donovan Creed book before it

5.0 out of 5 stars Casting Call, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Casting Call (Kindle Edition)
Another good read from John Locke as always a page turner. As an avid reader of his books this was a little on the slow side but I still enjoyed it .

Casting Call