on 25 February 2014
The second book in the Adventure of Eric and Ursula starts off where the last one finished and it's not long until the action kicks in as the children and support team continue trying to avoid capture by the OSS and to find ways of preventing their premature ageing. A wonderfully easy to read book yet again from A D Winch and this time we learn more about the background of some of the key support characters while, at the same time, more questions and mysteries are inferred about their past. The author also manages to project the insecurities of the two children as they struggle in different ways with the constraints imposed on their lives by the ordeals they are forced to contend with. The book ends in such a manner that leaves the reader wanting episode 3 to be available immediately, in order to continue with the adventure. I for one will most definitely be continuing on this path!
on 26 February 2014
I was looking forward to this second book from A.D Winch. The first book, 'The Extraordinary Adventures of Eric and Ursula', had me gripped from the start. It not only left me wanting to find out what was going to happen to these two, young heroes, but also had me guessing about the back story of some of the other characters This second book takes us along on Eric and Ursula's further adventures, revisiting and getting to learn more about the great locations featured in the first book, and also some interesting new ones. The action sequences on the train had me hooked! There was lots of new and revealing back story for some of the other characters, but to my frustration, we are still kept guessing about one of the enigmatic main characters! We will just have to wait for the next installment!
Although the pace slows towards the middle of the story - perhaps intentionally so as the characters find themselves hold up in a remote setting for a period of time - it picks up again and doesn't allow you to stop reading (and sleep!) until you find out what happens. Even then, it's not what you expect... Can't wait for the next part of the story!
on 26 February 2014
I finished reading this book yesterday and was blown away by the development of the characters, the twists and turns of the plot and the scope of the story. A fine follow up on the first instalment which is available (digitally) for free.

The Adventures of Eric and Ursula are adventures of the highest order. It is an international superhero tale led by two children, Eric (A rich and Ursula who have ordinary motivations living in an extra-ordinary world.

What would you do if you found out you could perform super-human feats of strength, speed and intelligence? What would you do if those powers came at a mortal cost?

I can't recommend this series of books higher and the author is one to watch for the future.
on 17 May 2014
I can't wait for the third book in this series. The first two have me enthralled and I could not put the book down until it was finished. Roll on the autumn..........
on 20 April 2014
This follow up to "An extraordinary beginning" continues at the same high pace and gives a deeper insight intyo the characters