on 2 August 2014
This mattress is deflated at the corners. How long it lasts is another question. Having now slept on this mattress I can honestly say it is the worst mattress I have ever slept on. I previously didn't have a back problem etc and now my hips and back hurt a lot. I am in the process of returning this because it is not fit for purpose. Also, only one person can sleep on it. My partner rolled near the edge and fell off because the sides of the mattress are so poor they crush into nothing with little pressure. When both of us are in it, it dips in the middle and we roll together. This is surely not the same mattress that the other reviewers have had. I bought this item based upon the apparent quality/performance of the product and the reviews, which are totally misleading! I have written this review to prevent someone else making the same mistake and having the worst few nights sleep I've ever had. I also binned my old mattress on Friday with the ERIC service so need a new mattress! I have asked for them to let me return it based upon it being unfit for purpose.
on 15 August 2014
worst mattress I have ever brought very thin not thick like in the picture
on 6 July 2014
This bed is just perfect , is cheap, very very comfortable,is not a firm mattress which was important to me as I have bad back and I cannot sleep on firm mattresses , when you unpack it look and feel the same like the most expensive ones .Look pretty much like on the picture and is medium feel of firmness , I have the best nights of sleep ever,and if you need cheap mattress just go for this one , you will not be disappointed.Before year or so , I pay silly money for a mattress and I have to sleep on air bed because was so firm , you think you sleep on the concrete lol, this one is just sooo comfortable I love it.I check the website of the company who make them and is more expensive there so I m just one happy customer
on 7 August 2015
I am a student and this matress is cheap, and it's quite soft so it's better than those very uncomfortable matresses in the rooms for rent usually for students. I can recoment it, it's good for price and the memory foam part is thick enough, but it's no way as thick as it looks on the picture.
Hope this helps!
on 7 September 2014
The mattress I received didn't look like the one in the picture. The sides weren't the quilted sturdy looking finish as shown - they were covered in white tracing paper thin material which didn't lend any support to the mattress.
Didn't have the name Solway anywhere on the packaging or mattress itself. Completely different product.
Far too soft not a medium as described. Bought because as a side sleeper on a medium firm mattress I used to wake with pain in hip where I'd lay. With this mattress I woke with bad backache instead.
I now have a sealy latex jubilee mattress which is memory foam with springs inside topped with latex gel. Cost 280 on Amazon. Spend a bit more for a better mattress.
This rubbish isn't even worth the cheap price tag.
Oh and delivery was a farce. Yodel didn't attempt delivery for a week until I'd complained. They claimed to have attempted delivery 3 times and left card through door. But I'd wasted 3 days sitting in and hadn't had so much as a knock at the door let alone a card through it.
on 3 July 2014
Amazing comfy mattress we are over the moon and delivery was superfast.
on 18 June 2015
As I suffer from arthritis this mattress was the answer to my prayers. It is like sleeping on a cloud. I feel so restful lying on it and wake up refreshed after having what I call a peaceful nights sleep.
on 30 December 2014
Have had this for over 2 months now. Nice mattress but it is too soft and at times u can feel the springs. Has started to make noise whenever u sit or get up from the bed
on 14 May 2014
Really good service, came next day, very comfy bed - I like soft not firm and I find it to be perfect. comes vacuum sealed and then blown up by itself! ordered with a double ottoman bed from same company.
on 30 December 2014
Cheap but certainly not cheerful, springs pinging all the time and not had a comfortable nights sleep yet , disappointed is an understatement!!!