5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice
I had a similar version to this on my Sony a55. That worked great when I was out and about snapping away at bugs etc. this model seems to produce a more even light. Why I don't know. Who cares? It does a great job, that's all I need to know.
Published 6 months ago by JMK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a ring 'flash'.
Product arrived and was sent back the same day. The build quality was good, but as a ring "flash" it was pretty useless. There are two settings on the back. Constant or Flash. Be aware it doesn't actually flash. The LEDs just dim when on the flash setting and get brighter when you fire the camera. The Constant setting just puts the LEDs on full power.
The...
Published 1 month ago by T. Connor

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a ring 'flash'., 30 Sep 2014
T. Connor "www.toluco.co.uk" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Aputure Amaran Halo AHL-HC100 LED Ring Flash light for Canon 1DX 5D Mark III 5D Mark II 6D 7D 70D 60D 60Da 700D 600D 100D 1100D (Electronics)
The glow from the LEDs "flash" wasn't remotely bright enough to light anything up and therefore didn't fire our other sensitive studio flashes.
We also found the ring was too deep and sometimes was visible in frame.

If you're only shooting macro items in daylight I'm sure it would be useful as a fill light, but it's useless in any other situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 14 April 2014
JMK (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 30 Sep 2014
NOT A VERY STRONG LIGHT VERY CHEAP FEEL

5.0 out of 5 stars & with the available light on the day I have been setting the exposure between 1/200sec @ f8 or f11 with excellent results. I ca, 3 Aug 2014
I have tried it out using the flash mode at the highest setting. It works very well on my Canon 450D & the 7D. I set the camera to manual, & with the available light on the day I have been setting the exposure between 1/200sec @ f8 or f11 with excellent results.
I can certainly recommend this LED Ring Flash for Macro work, & at it is a considerably cheaper solution to the Canon Ring Flash,
(others are available) of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars (and I mean a fraction) of the cost it does a great job. Build quality is pretty good and images ..., 20 Aug 2014
This item is never going to be up there with the multi hundred pound named brand ring flash. However for a fraction, (and I mean a fraction) of the cost it does a great job. Build quality is pretty good and images have not disappointed me yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars The unit arrived on time and was as described. ..., 19 Oct 2014
Mr. B. Elder - See all my reviews
The unit arrived on time and was as described. It appears to be well made and the number of adaptor rings (8) covers all my lenses.

It has a well made feel about it and the variable light is more than ample, for the close up work, for which I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portraits look great with it, 30 Oct 2014
I bought this as a bit of an experiment, but I've used it for quite a few shoots now. Portraits look great with it.