5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing from start to end!
First off, I am not an avid reader, did not realise this was the 3rd book in the series, I am male (kinda in the closet Ed, but not a rugby player unfortunately), but I hope you get my drift.
Published 9 months ago by Frank Viljoen

1.0 out of 5 stars one star for perseverance... and that's for me!
Published 6 months ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing from start to end!, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
This book having been written by a female is amazing. You have painted a perfect picture of what I wished my life was like. The attention to detail from their thoughts, to the actions, to the repercussions, to their surroundings and how others reacted to situations, Colin's lust for Ed turning into a reality after a drunken debacle which I am sure many 'straight' men have encountered at some point or another. How did she know all these things. Your description of how they felt about each other sexually, their passionate moments and deep inner feelings before, during and after sex were so damn hot and amazing. I could not put this book down, and found myself being Ed in many parts of the story, his guilty feelings, nervousness in being found out, not able to make that firm decision about being gay or bi? Unless you have been there, you cannot say you know how it feels. Gay life is also not all about feminine guys wearing frocks and girlie knickers. So I feel you deserve an oscar for the way you portrayed their relationship, combining it with some camp scenes in the background. The story also describes how although he did not feel he was gay, Ed knew he experienced things with Colin that could never have been the same or similar had it been a heterosexual relationship. He never had the same emotional bond before. Absolutely wonderful. Can't wait for your next books to come out - pardon the pun.
Frank

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the series, 9 Mar 2014
Mrs. P. D. Bond "Petra Ford" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I usually try and say something eloquent in my reviews but that's not gonna happen this time. I love KC Wells writing, her collars and cuffs series is completely amazing. The personal series I didn't love as much. Maybe as she wrote the first book early in her career. What I can say is that as an author she just gets better. This story is wonderful, the writing fantastic and the sex ..... yeah maybe I had some alone time with my kindle.
It is fair to say that next time I have the pleasure of meeting the author I may go completely fan girl on her!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story! I adore Ed!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Oh Ed! I absolutely loved this book! I've loved the entire series so much, but I think this one has just stolen the top spot as my favourite. I didn't think KC would be able to top Rick and Angelo's story in Personal Changes, but I was so so wrong.

First off, I want to comment on that stunning cover. I know how the old saying goes, and I've heard countless times that you should never judge a book by its cover, but LOOK! Ed is just so perfect and beautiful! It's love, I'm telling you! Those eyes, and that glorious beard... *happy sigh* I pictured Ed and Colin exactly as they are on the cover as I read this. I hate it when you pick up a book and the cover models are NOTHING like the characters in the book, or when the cover has absolutely no relation to the story. I think the cover for this is just so perfect.

So, on with my review of the story itself. Well I was always going to love it, wasn't I? This series has never disappointed me and neither has KC Wells. I had really high hopes for this one. I was so excited to read it because I just knew the story would be sweet and romantic and beautifully written. Once again, I was definitely not disappointed. Ed's story was amazing. Ever since he was first introduced in Making it Personal, I had been dying to know more about him. As the series progressed, I was absolutely desperate for Ed's story and all I wanted was to see him fall in love and live happily ever after (yes, I am a hopeless romantic!). This story ticked all my boxes and was absolutely everything I could have hoped for.

Colin and Ed were just so right together. From their very first encounter, right up to the very last page, I was completely captivated by their romance. I loved watching them go from friends to lovers, and I loved watching their feelings for one another develop and grow into something truly beautiful. The story had very little drama in it, which was nice. Of course there were some issues that Ed and Colin had to face, such as the problems with that bastard Murphy and then Ed coming out to his friends and his family, but none of it was too over the top and the drama didn't dominate the story. Any misunderstandings were solved pretty quickly, which I appreciated. I get so sick of reading romances where there is some completely pointless misunderstanding and the two main characters don't speak to each other for months. There was none of that here, thankfully.

Something else that was nice was Ed's easy acceptance of his feelings for Colin. There wasn't too much in the way of "but I'm not gay" or "I don't want to admit that I'm gay" scenes. Ed was obviously going through a huge change in his life and he'd never been in a relationship with a man before, but he didn't let that overwhelm him or ruin things. Colin was extremely supportive and considerate, which was so lovely. Colin really did win my heart too. He was the perfect partner for Ed and I totally agreed with Will when he said that Ed seemed to have finally met his match!

Another thing I really loved about Personal Secrets was that we got to see plenty more of Blake, Will, Rick and Angelo. Plus we got to meet baby Sophie! I was so happy to see Rick again - and quite a bit of him too - because alongside Ed he is definitely one of my favourite characters in this series. Hell, he's one of my favourite characters in the entire genre. And I'm not going to give anything away, but there was one particular scene with Rick and Angelo that had me smiling like crazy.

I would recommend this book to anyone. It really is such a fab addition to the series and I don't want this series to ever come to an end. I'm desperately looking for other characters that could get their own story, just because I really want to see more of the entire cast. How about Rod? *hint hint* Pretty please? If he gets his own story, we'll get to see more of Ed and Colin, right?! Because seriously, I'll never get tired of reading about Ed and Colin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best in the series, 22 Oct 2014
Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Well blow me! A suitable exclamation for this story I believe. Ed surprises me here just as much as he surprises himself. He has been best friends with Colin for years and they play for the same rugby team and then one very drunk night, Ed makes advances on Colin. In the morning Ed decides to go for ignore it and pretend it didn't happen route, after all, Ed isn't gay, right? Ed has a stream of women in and out of his bed, why does he keep thinking about Colin? Plus, Colin is straight isn't he? Ed would know if his best friend was gay wouldn't he?
Shall we just leave it at, Ed is confused? Poor poor Ed. Colin is a sweetheart and is very patient with Ed as he works out what he wants.
A great conclusion to this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book.I loved the discovery of ed and Colin finding their place in their relationship.I loved the humour,and I loved the throwing out of labelling their sexuality titles,so freeing.they also got there heart.a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful book, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I have read a couple of K C Wells books. If you want gratuitous sex, they are not for you. The descriptions of the sex are great but it is the story of developing relationships which make them so enjoyable! I'm beginning to feel I personally know the characters who are very real and believable. I am quite an emotional guy who only came out armed 59 but I still enjoy a bit of romance. I hope others do, too!!

1.0 out of 5 stars one star for perseverance... and that's for me!, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Story... What story? The dialogue is poor and plot far too obvious. As someone who has spent most of my adult life in east London I don't recognise the accented writing here. Its an irritating cross between welsh/irish and an impersonation of Dick Van Dykes character in Mary Poppins! A lot of effort has to have gone into this, as in any book, but it's the poorest I've read for a while.. The positive? Sorry there isn't one - but it can only get better from here on in...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Sweet but sometimes slightly too unrealistic. But it is fiction after all and we are allowed to dream aren't we?!

5.0 out of 5 stars favourite out of the lot!, 7 April 2014
Lisa MA (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of the secrets books and have to say this is my favourite.!
Ed is just adorable and Colin is his perfect match.

The others make an appearance and its nice to check in, especially with Rick (awwwhhhhh) and Blake and will and bubba...

But this one felt the most true to life, well as true as it could possibly be, with all of these gorgeous, intelligent men falling in love with each other within hours/days.

5.0 out of 5 stars All about Ed!!, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Personal Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Yum Ed you are my kind of man!! Sorry to see the end of this series but glad we got to catch up with everyone. Ed and Colin were a great couple and who doesn't love Rugby players (the description of Ed had me swooning). Loved the journey Ed took in discovering himself through his relationship with Colin and a little help from his friends - can I just say he was just such a nice guy!
Wonder if Rod and Derek will get a story?
Thanks KC, I eagerly await your next book x