*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

Evie Calhoun wants to get her groove back, after her not so great marriage ended, she a great mother and works hard, a weekend in the city to get away from it all to relax, have some fun and when she meet Liam maybe something more.

“There was something temping about the man. Long...
Published 12 months ago by Derna Fearon

3.0 out of 5 stars sweet small town romance
When They Weren’t Looking (Book 3). Zoe York
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews.

Book three of the Wardham series, but as each book is a standalone and complete, it didn't matter that I hadn't read earlier ones, though possibly there were small things I missed, connections etc from not knowing the characters.
Still, it was easy to pick up...
Published 15 months ago by Jeannie Zelos

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Yet again I was wrapped up into the lives of two more characters from the lovely town of Wardham, 3 May 2014
This review is from: When They Weren't Looking: Sexy Small Town Romance (The Wardham Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

“There was something temping about the man. Long and lean, with dark hair, and refined features. Quietly handsome, but overtly sexy”

Liam is out celebrating with his friends when he meets Evie he is instantly attractive to her. She is not looking for love, he is not looking for forever, but one-night stands with no straights attached results into something unexpected, and more for both of them.

“She caught his eye as soon as they entered the bar…….there was something else about her that captured his imagination. She was sexy, no doubt about that”

I liked the storyline it was a sweet heartwarming entertaining read, about how life is full of surprise, and working out what you really want. Evie was sweet, and I like her after meeting her in the first book in the series so I was pleased that she was getting her own book. She was hesitant to let Liam into her life, which was understandable, as her marriage had left her confidence low and afraid of commitment, but I do wish she had given Liam an easier time. They had such great chemistry together, and she knew it!

“The lick of his fingers against her skin triggered a wave of heat that gathered stream as it surged trough her body”

I really loved Liam he was such a sweetheart, and a real, genuine guy. I would have like some more info about his family as I was left with a few questions about his relationship with them. He has his work cut out to make Evie trust him, but I loved his determination not to give up on what he wanted, and what he wanted was a life with Evie, and his baby.

“There’s something between us. But we’re adults, Evie We might not be able to control our chemistry, but it’s entirely up to us if we act on it”

“Because I think we could be really good together. Better than good. Awesome in fact”

Overall I really enjoyed ‘When They Weren’t Looking” by Zoe York. Yet again I was wrapped up into the lives of two more characters from the lovely town of Wardham. So thank you Zoe! As always you get to revisit the other characters from the series, which is lovely. There was no epilogue so I hoping that I will see more of Evie and Liam in the next or future books, as I would love to see more of them as a couple. I’m looking forward to Beth and Finn novella followed by Layney’s brother Chase book. “No Time Like Forever”

As always I recommend this sweet romantic heartwarming series for the times when you want something that is low on the angst and drama

3.0 out of 5 stars sweet small town romance, 12 Feb. 2014
When They Weren’t Looking (Book 3). Zoe York
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews.

Still, it was easy to pick up and follow the story. Its a sweet romance, the unexpected consequences of a hot and sexy, and for Evie, very unusual one night stand. She doesn't have any info on Liam though other than the basics, so telling him he's to be a dad is going to be hard. Luckily he turns up in the town where she lives, and he's delighted. He wants to dive in and be part of Evie's life, but after two failed relationships, and with two young sons to look after she's very cautious. Add to that he's a few years younger and ...she's running scared. Liam's a gem though, not easily put off, not going to abandon her and his child and gradually he insinuated himself into her life. I loved him, a really genuine, kind and loving man. He'd had a difficult family relationship, and wanted more for his child than he had from his upbringing. Evie, she was sweet, loved her boys but was really conscious of the slurs on her character her ex had thrown around. She knew once he met Liam she'd face taunts about his age. Its easy to say the only opinions that matter are our own, but hard in practice to make that work, and Evie was always running an internal monologue about what she should do/had done and what she ought to have done instead. It left her with little self confidence, and yet she was an excellent mum and support to her kids.
Its a sweet story, lovely character,s including his and her friends, a little gentle drama, but for me it was just a bit too soft and sweet. I needed a bit more highs and lows, anger and happiness, tears and laughter. Still, as I’m always saying that's just my view, and there are other readers that adore this kind of gentle romance. Its well written, had parts that pull at emotions at times, especially those lovely boys of hers and how they try to look after her sometimes :)
At the moment is on offer at just 77p for 252 pages, so a bargain if you like this small town, gentle romance type of story.
Stars: Three, a good book just not enough drama for me to rate it higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful romance, 29 Jan. 2015
Loved this hot romance. Very well written and flowed well. It grabbed me from the get go. A beautiful feel good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing series., 8 Mar. 2015
Great - all the titles in this series really kept me hooked throughout. Keep up the good work Zoe !!