5.0 out of 5 stars full of charm, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Say it with Sequins: The Waltz: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance (A Novella) (Kindle Edition)
Lucy (a children’s book writer) takes part in the dance contest show Who Dares Dances to prove to herself that she can overcome the fear of being among people. Max (an Olympic swimmer) is another celebrity taking part in the dance show. It doesn’t take long until these two develop feelings for each other, but will they be able to defeat all odds and start a relationship?

I am a huge fan of Strictly Come Dancing and as soon as I heard that this series (Say It with Sequins The Waltz is the second part in the Say It with Sequins series, but can easily be read as a stand-alone) was based on my most favourite dancing programme, I knew I had to read it.

Georgia gives an amazing  and completely believable behind-the-scenes look of the dance show. I felt all giggly and excited at being part of finding out what happens to the celebrities and professional dancers after the programme goes off air (ok, I know that this book is fiction, but it is exactly how I imagine Strictly Come Dancing behind-the-scenes to be like :-)).

I really enjoyed Lucy’s and Max’  developing and supporting friendship, but also sometimes felt slightly frustrated by the huge misunderstanding that stands between them (I can’t say too much more without giving a big part of the story away).

I don’t often comment on covers of books, but I feel that this gorgeous, stunning and sparkly cover deserves a special mention at this point. If I would have to choose my all-time favourite cover, then this would definitely be a serious contender!

Even if Strictly Come Dancing is not your thing, I strongly urge you to give this series a go. It’s not only extremely well written and full of charm, but also lets the reader be slightly nosy by offering a view of what happens off camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Romantic Tale of a Wallflower and a Misunderstood Hero, 24 Mar 2014
Say it with Sequins: The Waltz is as the dance suggests a gentle romantic tale of a wallflower and a misunderstood hero.

Lucy a successful but reclusive children's fiction writer finds herself on the reality television dance show Who Dares Dances thanks to her pushy streetwise agent the aptly named Whiz. Max an Olympic gold medal swimmer is the proverbial fish out of water in the dance studio and it's this awkwardness that attracts Lucy a recovering agoraphobic who senses a kindred spirit.

Long hours of training make the couple want to be more than friends but neither is aware of their reciprocated feelings put off by the emotional barriers they are both so good at building. Lucy's naivety leads to a tragic misunderstanding between the couple which makes a fairytale ending unlikely.

This story is full of poignant insights which endear Lucy and Max to the reader. An unforeseen intervention threatens Lucy and Max's friendship. Luckily cupid appears in a spray tan and gives the couple a helping hand but Max must share his greatest secret if they are ever to be happy together.
Lucy and Max are introverts fighting internal battles which can only be won through self belief which makes Say it With Sequins: The Waltz' more angst ridden than the first story. The damage prejudice and lack of understanding causes are important elements in this story. Its delicate balance between light and shade makes it a romantic satisfying read.
I received a copy of this book from Harper Collins UK Harper Impulse via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star waltz, 20 Mar 2014
I. Campbell (Tyne and Wear) - See all my reviews
Another winner from Georgia Hill. 5 stars.

Georgia Hill has done it again. The second in the Say it with Sequins series of novellas is even better. We meet a few characters encountered in the first book but this story really  revolves around Max, a shy Olympic swimmer with a secret and eccentric writer Lucy. Thrown into a show-biz world they don’t understand, they struggle against personal dilemmas and their growing feelings for one another. Beautifully romantic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strictly Hooked on this series!, 19 Mar 2014
What a deliciously satisfying little read this was! :)

The description and other reviews pretty much cover the set up so I won't repeat it again but I loved Lucy and Max. Both of them are hiding things or have issues to cope with and are therefore slightly reserved 'celebrities' in Who Dares Dances. This makes for some awkward moments and misunderstandings in their developing relationship but like the Waltz itself, this is a charming, touching, stylish romance with a hero/heroine you desperately want to get together. And while Lucy and Max might be reserved, neither is insipid. They are genuinely warm, funny, interesting people you wouldn't mind meeting in real life. Actually, I'd *love* to meet Max in real life ... Georgia Hill always writes gorgeous heroes:D

We get to meet some characters who appeared in the first story, Say it with Sequins: The Rumba: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance Novella, including one of my favourites, Daniel. Oh my. I thought I had Daniel sussed but absolutely not and now I want more. I hope he features in the third story or I'm going to weep and ruin my fake tan!

I'm strictly hooked on this series ;D and can't wait for Say It With Sequins #3: The Charleston!

I know the author personally but I did not receive an ARC and purchased my own copy. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Waltz, 13 Mar 2014
Even more delightful than the first book, and although it neatly revisits the characters from the first novella - as well as obviously being set in the same context of 'Who Dares Dances'- is its own complete standalone tale.

I really liked Lucy - her "condition" was handled very sensitively and in a way that she never seemed pathetic. And Max! Well, who can resist a swimmer's physique?

Really looking forward to another glorious, glitzy, sequinned love story from Georgia Hill!

4.0 out of 5 stars a trips down imagination road review, 8 April 2014
I received a copy of The Waltz, the second novella in the Say it with Sequins series, from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

Introvert Lucy has made herself a challenge, to dance on Who Dares Dance, the rival of Strictly Come Dancing. Little did Lucy suspect when entering the competition that it would lead to her having a crush on someone attainable for the first time. Swimmer Max is nearly at the end of his competitive carrier, and for the first time has found himself doing badly in a competition, made even worse by the fact that writer, Lucy, is almost constantly in his head. Professional dancer, Daniel, has once again found himself in the middle of a romance between two contestants, though this time at least he isn't in love with one of them...

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

Poor Daniel! I hope its his turn soon! Whereas before Daniel was really wanting to compete for Julia's attention, now he is determined to get the latest two contestants, Lucy and Max together. Despite the fact that Lucy's dancing with him is technically competent just lacking passion, Daniel still wants the best for her, leading her to believe that he and Max are together...

The romance between Max and Lucy was super sweet, they were both shy, and both dealt with issues that made them even shyer, and yet they liked each other, and were wanting to help each other. The only problem was that they kept putting barriers up between themselves, knowingly or not! The main one being Lucy's confusion about Max's sexuality (because of something Julia said, Lucy believed that Max was gay).

I liked how there was an update of how Harri and Julia were doing too, with Julia and Lucy being friends you found out what their relationship is like a year down the line.

I've loved both of the romances in this series so far, with both of them being different, Julia and Harri's relationship in The Rumba being far steamier than Max and Lucy's in The Waltz, but that is what makes the series so good! I'll be looking out for the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars You're my favourite!, 28 April 2014
Really liked Lucy and Max in this book. They're different but attractive and sympathetic and they set this novel apart from others. A great romance, but love the humour you can always rely on with author Georgia Hill as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Waltz - most romantic dance of all, 12 April 2014
I really enjoyed the Rumba in Georgia Hill's series and this time I loved the waltz. The agonies and ecstasies are as real as the characters. Lucy was adorably annoying and Max enigmatic enough to fascinate. I also loved Daniel; he would be worthy of a story of his own. now I can't wait for the next in this excellent series.

5.0 out of 5 stars romance is not dead, 21 Mar 2014
Had to read late into the night to make sure they got together. Lovely story with all the best elements of will they wont they.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely hero and heroine!, 20 Mar 2014
Another fab book in the Say it with Sequins series! Lucy is a very appealing heroine and Max is hot! I couldn't read it fast enough, to find out the conclusion. It's an easy, light read with warm characters and a satisfying ending - and, of course, a few sparkles!