5.0 out of 5 stars can not down the missing chapter
Can not down the missing chapter have been trying to put in the code and it will not except it
Published 6 months ago by Mrs Marion M Petford

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing more than a sales pitch.
I downloaded this for free, fortunately. Had I paid for it I would have felt totally cheated.

Published 6 months ago by Susy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing more than a sales pitch., 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Water Diet: How To Lose Weight Faster, Improve Your Digestion, & Gain More Energy: By Altering the Water You Drink... (Kindle Edition)

I did get the message that we are not drinking enough water and in my case I agree. However, it seems that it needs to be alkaline water we drink, not just water. Plain water (of any kind) that is not alkaline is bad for us! Over and over again we were told this. You could feel the sales pitch rising. But wait, he did say that there were alternative cheaper methods of making 'bad' water alkaline and duly explained them while simultaneously rubbishing them. Of course, the ONLY way to produce any acceptable alkaline water is via a very, very expensive machine. He did acknowledge that he was involved with the company that produces them.

Sorry Ross, but anybody who gives me the hard sell will never make me a fan of theirs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Marketing material for the Chanson ioniser, 28 Feb 2014
If you have the opportunity of reading this book for free, by all means go ahead. But please don't spend any money. You can find all the relevant information by looking at what the manufacturers of the Chanson device have to say about their product on YouTube.

I really don't like the constant, repetitive sales pitch. As others have said, there is a 'missing chapter' for you to download which, according to Bridgeford, is the most important chapter of the book. However this seems to be just a device to get you on to a mailing list - another one of the many examples of salesmanship in the book. Granted he does mention other methods for alkalising water but most of those involve using products he also sells on his website although all are found by him to be far inferior to the (hugely more expensive) Chanson ioniser.

The hard sell is off putting and completely undermines any credibility there may be in the alkalinity theory. Some of the other material by Bridgeford is useful but his focus on pushing products in which he has a vested interest always makes me doubtful of his integrity. The only way I can achieve optimum health and proper hydration is to buy a device (and only this one particular brand) for around £1500 to attach to my water supply? I just don't believe the hype.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a sales pitch!, 3 Mar 2014
Personally I believe in the importance of alkalinity and hydration. This 'free' book repeatedly explains the importance of drinking water - BUT it can only be the type of water obtained by purchasing HIS product costing hundreds of pounds!! Sorry, don't like being taken for a ride and don't respond to hard sales. If this is the way energise for life operates I'll make sure I visit more reputable sites in future.

Oh yes, and this so important book is published incomplete and you have to download 'the most important' chapter? Come on we're not that daft!

5.0 out of 5 stars can not down the missing chapter, 28 Feb 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete and misleading free issue., 28 Feb 2014
Took the trouble to download the book during the 'free issue' time slot. Started reading and then after a few pages read that a very important chapter needed to be downloaded via a special code. Have been totally mislead and as a result have deleted the incomplete 'free' book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Mar 2014
Mr. Tim Marsh "TJ" (London) - See all my reviews
I have followed an Alkaline diet for some years and believe in the significant health benefits. Unfortunately Ross Bridgeford has gone a step too far with this blatant attempt to advertise his own website, under the pretence of being a "book". I have never seen an author ask readers to leave feedback on Amazon, clearly hoping the reviews will be positive and further promote sales from their website. I for one will shop elsewhere in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars tediously and needlessly repetitive, 5 Mar 2014
Your readers are really not that thick Mr Bridgeford. This was meant to be a free download and I still ended up being charged for it though I ordered it within the 48 hour window.
The missing chapter? - don't bother with it - it's only a repetition of what you'll read in the other chapters but with the addition of a disgraceful sales pitch on behalf of a company promoting an expensive water purifying gadget .
The whole thing is no more than a long winded underhand money spinning sales technique for both the writer and the associated company.
Mr Bridgeford I won't be buying, or looking at, anything else you''ve written or are associated with. You've totally undermined any credibility you may have had

3.0 out of 5 stars very interesting, 27 Feb 2014
I could not put the kindle down until I read the book through! I drink red bush tea all day long, along with herbal teas and vegetable juices. I also sip bottled water throughout the day. I will now think about adapting to a new hydrating plan! Very interesting information Ross. Reading the book through a second time I feel this book is a big plug for the recommended ionizer though!

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, alarmist, pseudoscientific nonsense coupled with pushy marketing., 27 Feb 2014
Utter drivel from start to finish.

We are first told that we aren't drinking enough water:

"It's estimated that 95% of people in developed countries are chronically dehydrated. Yes, 95% of us are chronically dehydrated.

We're sick, tired, fatigued, struggling through each day, suffering from skin conditions, allergies, reflux, digestive disorders, obesity, yeast infections and a whole lot more".

This is plainly wrong.

We're then told that tap water and bottled water are scary and dangerous:

"The water that 99% of people are drinking is toxic, oxidizing (meaning it ages the body and forms free radicals) and acidic."

More alarmist nonsense.

Ross also fails to recognise the water content of other drinks and of food.

His advice is best ignored.

According to Bridgeford of course, the solution would be to buy various products (pH drops, alkaline sticks, water ionizers etc) from the companies he continually recommends - Energise for Life and Chanson Water.

The pushy style is barely tolerable. At the end of each chapter, readers are urged to go online and enter a special code in order to download a hidden chapter, which - and this isn't mentioned in the book - means signing up to a mailing list. We are also continually urged to come to Amazon and review the book. Those already on the Energise for Life mailing list had already been emailed and urged to download the book for free then review it here.

What can I say..? I took his advice for once.

If the book is no longer free when you read this review, don't bother. The Energise for Life website should give you a good idea of Bridgeford's approach and of his misunderstandings. Despite an ASA adjudication against their advertising, the site is still riddled with misleading and alarmist advice promoting "alkaline" products and "alkaline" water ionizers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and frightening, 6 Jun 2014
Very interesting and easy to read in lay mans terms, frightening to know whats in our average drinking water though.
I purchased a book on living alkaline by Ross last year, it was very informative and quite an eye opener,
Ross's e mails are great too, a great way to keep your body healthy and in balance. When I follow his teaching I have hardly any problems with my acid reflux but if I stray from the alkaline diet I really suffer again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›