5.0 out of 5 stars handy and complete, 16 Nov. 2009
This is an invaluable for anyone entertaining an expedition away from established medical care facilities.

It is well indexed, has a couple of handy textile bookmarks built-in, and can be interpreted by anyone with more than a passing interest in medical welfare. There is a healthy exploration of risk and its management, prompts to think about necessary contingencies and medical kit. Importantly it stresses ethical considerations when travelling into other cultures.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and thorough, 18 Oct. 2010
This is an excellent and portable manual for medics, nurses and paramedics covering every medical eventuality. It is written by the best in the field and based on sound remote-region experience. Thoroughly excellent, printed on lightweight paper. There are lots of lists, tables, bullet points, flow-charts, useful line illustrations and four pages of colour photos of 'difficult' rashes and sores. The small format and waterproof cover allows it to be slipped into a rucksack side-pocket easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Investment, 16 Feb. 2012
If your looking for a book that fits the title you will not go far wrong. Lots of information, well indexed and compact. Recomended to me by a senior doctor I bought it, even though I thought it was expensive. I have no regrets, its a life purchase for home, camping, travelling, sailing and expeditions etc... I don't often recommend stuff but this I will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Information above and beyond the call of duty, 26 Sept. 2011
I think I read in another review of this book somewhere before I purchased it that it was so detailed that you might just feel safer staying at home rather than go travelling after reading this book......Well Done.... book summed up in a Nutshell.
And so for the diehards that want to traverse the globe, buy it, bring it and use it! Small enough for the camera bag but too useful to chance leaving it at home.
Written in an easy to read way with loads of big words for the medically astute and with pictures for the rest of us to have some idea whats going to fall off next due to a little trapped wind just south of Asia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 20 Feb. 2013
Bought for my daughter at her request. She is a student paramedic. She sought it by recommendation so it must be good

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS BOOK NOW!!!!!, 22 Oct. 2011
Got this cos I am a trainned first aider. I live in a rural village and with the bad weather coming I want to restoke my medical bag also my textbook.

Get this book now, No reason why not