5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Manual Flash
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with cannon eos 550d
Great product, works well however my cannon 550d rebel 2 says that it is not compatible with the camera. Therefore not able to use all the functions
Published 5 months ago by Douglas Masson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Manual Flash, 3 Nov 2013
A surprisingly good quality feel to this product when opening the box. The built in receiver that works with the Yongnuo RF-603 works great. Recycle times are fast - just as fast as Canon, if not faster. I have well and truly tested these at between 1/4 and 1/8th power for at approximately 1100 flashes without missing one! I was so impressed I bought another. I'm not sure how they would cope with full power firing for any length of time, but in reality I very rarely will need this. Also not sure about the longevity of the product at this stage but I guess at this price you can buy four of these for the equivalent Canon. Would recommend to any photographer that uses manual flash and doesn't require ttl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality flash, 18 Aug 2013
I'm new to flash photography so won't comment on the technicalities. Will say the flash is amazing quality; the plastic is nice, buttons smooth, and rotation of the head has a nice weight. The controls are easy enough and I believe function as the Yongnuo2 with added wireless receiver mode. Note to adjust the channel hold down the two buttons on the right and use the scroll pad. Also, this is not TTL, ie you must control the power manually both on and off camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Manual flashgun, 28 May 2014
I had bought one of these, a week or so earlier and sent it back after I could not pair it with either of the my original RF603N triggers, I had also bought.

But I decided to buy another one from a different supplier and some new RF603N triggers, just in case it was the triggers. Put new batterys in, selected the correct channel on both the gun and new triggers, and it worked straight away, with the blue light on the gun showing that it had paired succesfully with either of the triggers.

My original triggers would not pair with this gun as well, SO I must conclude that my original flashgun purchase was not faulty.

This is an excellent MANUAL flash, easy to use and setup but go online and watch setup videos as the manual is it abit poor.

No professional photographer, uses TTL flash metering, it's too inaccurate, so buy one these and get your flash off your camera for some creative lighting and buy a good lightmeter.

Excellent menu, usual power outputs 1/1 - 1/128, either in 1/3 or 1/2 stops, 2 slave modes, strobe effect, quick recycling times especially at lower power outputs. I have not had a single misfire so far. Fires on camera, off camera with camera flash triggering it, off camera with another flash triggering it, off camera with wireless trigger attached, off camera using its built in reciever with one trigger attached to the camera. The possibilities are endless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Say's It Does, 10 Feb 2014
Speedy delivery excellent product and good value, I can recommend Yongnuo products for their reliability, this is my third purchase from Yongnuo and it certainly won't be my last,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product......... However!, 11 July 2013
I will start this review off by saying that for the price, this flash will not be beaten. The only criticism I have is that when I pulled the diffuser out it broke straight away (to me this isn't a problem as I will be using a Stofen for diffusion). Apart from that, the build quality and feel of the flash is great. The built in radio receiver works. Treat with my 603's

I will be investing in a couple more of these flashes in the near future, especially seeing as I can get 4 of these for the price of a Canon model and in my view it blows the 430 EX away.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent service from supplier,and quality as expected.Very pleased indeed.Hot shoe and wireless control perfect., 17 Nov 2013
Build quality and operation as good as it gets. Would certainly recommend this product. The only criticism being that it is not
TTL operation on my Canon 600D,but manual operation is fine. Would be very interested if Yongnu also perfect a TTL version
for Canon. However,at the price,this is an extremely efficient flashgun.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good starter flash, 4 Jan 2014
From what I have seen so far there is no need to get the Canon equivalent. The flash works well out of the box. To set the channel hold down the top two right hand buttons to get the menu then select a number to match the triggers. The instructions are in Chinese English but good enough.

There is a table at the back to give you the power settings but I hunted around YouTube etc to get the hang of how to use it.

Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 6 Jan 2014
I bought this based on positive reviews from various people and the incredibly low price, and I am absolutely satisfied with my purchase. The product is above and beyond what I expected; the build quality is fantastic (I managed to drop it whilst on from about a metre up while it was on and it kept going without a hiccup), the head rotates and tilts as much as you could want, it has excellent manual control settings, all the way down to 1/128 power in 0.3EV steps, which is invaluable due to the flash's very high power (GN58, on par with flashes six times its price). I've used it wirelessly off-camera using the slave mode with excellent results.

I was considering the Metz 44 AF-1 which is almost three times as expensive, far less powerful and has far more limited manual controls, the only advantage being the ability to do automatic TTL metering. I'm honestly astounded that I managed to get such a first-class product for so much less - again, comparable first-party TTL flashes are five to six times as much money.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Excellent and stunning for Price., 9 Aug 2013
Flawless. very good and clear flash, great to use as slaves on remote for mobile shoots! Really cant fault it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flash, very good value for money - but no TTL just be aware of this, 12 May 2014
great flash for the money. if u get multiple, so u can set a trigger on or camera and then two or more off camera flashes to duplicate expensive studio lighting. Looks and feels like a Canon flash. - but - it does not support TTL, (this version), which means u have to manual set the flash brightness/power etc, it does not use TTL which allows the camera to tell the flash what to do. and no ETTL. I got two of these and a trigger (YN RF-603 C3) so I can trigger to flashes from my canon 6D camera, to mimic studio lighting, works fine. I also bought a canon flash with ETTL support for on camera work.