on 20 July 2013
From the first line of this book I was hooked. James Maxwell draws you in to the story and the characters. This is not my usual type of book but after reading the first book out of curiosity I could not wait to read the next 2 books. What an imagination he has and he makes it so realistic and believable despite it being so out of this world literally and I developed a real liking for the main characters. I really hope it is not to long before tha next book is out. Please keep it up James. More more more please.
on 1 August 2013
Brilliant, intriguing and gripping, leaving me wanting another book! When is the next one out? Recommended for lovers of magic!
on 1 August 2013
The saga continues to be such fantastic story that I just don't want to take a breather. I highly recommend this book.
on 19 July 2013
Id never read any of James Maxwell's work before but now cannot wait for the final book in December. strangely am unable to pre order on Amazon at this time.
on 11 July 2013
Really love these books, there is adventure, romance and always something different to look forward to. Really great and look forward to the next one!
on 31 March 2014
I re-read the first two books to prepare me for this. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! I have never written a review before but this book was more than worth it. An amazing read for anyone or any age who has a big imagination!
on 22 December 2014
James Maxwell has created a really interesting world full of excellent characters, great ideas and splendid action.

It get a bit narked because every so often he lapses into a sort of "down with the in crowd" moments. I almost laughed out loud when in the middle of a torrid trek through a war torn land the heroine of the moment is cooking by the camp fire. It was like an a episode of master chef .. Rounds of grilled roots topped with something or other and then pinnacled with wild berries. The eaters lapped it up with great delight and appreciation .. Good heavens man it's a war zone ! Helpful and interesting folk die all too easily ( as they do ) but is is almost as if he has created a character who might be useful but as the story and his imagination evolves then they need to be discarded because there. Isn't an immediate fit in the narrative to come. This isn't in a game of thrones way where violence inherent in the society makes these things inevitable but a sort of .. Hummm thought I could use him but it won't work so let's just bin him ! ... Having said all this I am really enjoying this rip roaring saga. As the bad guys get stronger we are almost in a WW2 scenario ., the little guys with limited resources back to the walls facing evil. Just done a sort of Dunkirk ..... Hell, despite the gripes its a wonderful yarn and I am now well in to book 4 and keep turning the pages.
on 13 July 2013
I just really love this story. With each book it gets better and better. Can't wait until the final book...I love Miro and Amber, Ella and Killian will be together in the end. Good stuff
on 17 March 2014
I'm a big fan of authors such as trudi canavan, robin hobb and David dalglish and I have to say I very much enjoyed these books in the same way I would any of theirs.
I have gone through books 1 to 3 in the space of 4 days with my kindle only out of hand hand when absolutely necessary. I felt invested in the characters and found the story to be interesting and intelligent.
Will be looking out for other books by this author.
on 3 August 2013
I enjoyed all the ever men books if you enjoy fantasy these books are for you start at the beginning though. It's well worth it.