on 21 December 2014
Irrefutable Proof by Abby L. Vandiver is a science fiction story about Justin, a writer who publishes a novel about the translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and awakens a millennia-long conspiracy about the origins of mankind.

Justin plans to publish another book about the strange claims in ancient papers. Her husband and friends accompany her to Israel to find a box hidden there by Justin’s deceased mentor. The box’s puzzling contents take her on a dangerous mission to meet indigenous tribes that are untouched by modern culture. These tribes have clues about ages-old mysteries.

Her sleuthing leads Justin to the Voynich Manuscript. This antiquity is a mash-up of ancient languages, apparent gibberish, and puzzling drawings. It holds the key to the origins of mankind. She must translate the Voynich Manuscript, an impossible task where everyone before her has failed. Her very life depends on it.

Irrefutable Proof is a dandy science fiction mystery that swirls around ancient astronauts and deciphering clues in old scrolls. Vandiver has a deft hand in mixing believable characters with dangerous situations. Some truly evil people who will stop at nothing to keep ancient secrets safe come into Justin’s life, and they hide very well until their deadly strikes. At times, even Justin’s friends act suspiciously. Irrefutable Proof kept me guessing to the very last page.

Science Fiction fans who love conspiracy thrillers about shadowy secret organizations would enjoy Justin’s world in Irrefutable Proof. Be ready to smell the musty papers and second-guess everything you read in these ancient puzzles.
on 16 May 2014
Cleverly-constructed story expertly switching eras and locations. The story begins in ancient times with the knowledge and history of voyagers from Mars, who had initiated human civilization in our world, being recorded in coded languages, ready to be deciphered and re-learnt by future generations. The tale shifts to present times, and the intrigues centred on these manuscripts, and their mysteries, occasioning murder and mayhem in the greed to possess them, or to keep their truths hidden. Then it shifts even more into the present with concentration on a small-time writer, Justin, who has published work on the revelations contained in manuscripts found alongside the Dead Sea Scrolls, and on the lost world of Atlantis. She investigates an alternative history of man's origin, as colonisers from the planet Mars, and possessors of great knowledge, superior to that of today, which was deliberately jettisoned since such knowledge had caused that race's downfall on Mars. What are the evil forces now at work? What is the secret society peopled by all the movers and shakers in this world, which has links with the Ancients? Was there once a nuclear disaster on Mars? Is a new world catastrophe being prepared? Check out this fascinating and intriguing hypothesis and tale.
on 12 July 2014
Irrefutable Proof by Abby L. Vandiver completely hooked me with its complex weaving of historical fact and fiction into a tale right out of Indiana Jones. The author does an awesome job of making dry facts leap from every page and force the reader to want more.
Biblical archaeologist, Justin Dickerson is researching ancient knowledge and how it vanished or didn't. The deeper she delves the more obvious it becomes that a powerful cadre has kept this knowledge for themselves and will do anything to prevent it becoming known to the general public.
The author uses genuine ancient manuscripts such as the Dead Sea Scrolls to titillate the reader with encoded messages that imply Atlantis really did exist. And so Justin is set on an amazing journey of discovery across the globe in search of the truth, mixing action adventure and mystery with such consummate skill.
For this reader it was the journey of discovery, gathering incredible information that hooked me and I hope there will be of the same from the fingers of this awesome author.
A FIVE STAR mystery thriller adventure for all Indiana Jones fans and very highly recommended.
on 30 April 2014
Once I started reading Irrefutable Proof I thought it was another Dan Brown-ish novel. I am so happy that it wasn't, as Ms Vandiver overcame my expectations.

I really enjoyed how the author managed to picture her characters - for example the archaeologist Justin, who recalled me a bit of Indiana Jones and a bit of Daniel Pierce of Perception TV series. I also loved the plot and subplots twisting in a vertigo of events and some action.

Although it was the second book of the series and I didn't read the first, I found easy to catch up with everything. I never found myself out of the story, which is an awesome strength point to Ms. Vandiver's writing style.

Most of the mystery stories don't embed any messages behind the lines, but Irrefutable Proof has some sparks to meditate about mankind, where we came from etc. I found that pretty interesting even though I usually enjoy mystery stories as they are.

Irrefutable Proof has elements mutated from several genres: suspense, cozy, sci-fi, adventure. It's a great versatile book I'd recommend to everyone.
on 19 May 2014
If you like fantasy, science fiction, action and adventure, this is the book for you. Throw in some mystery and suspense and you still haven’t got it all. This book is a roller coaster ride and it is surprising that though it is the second book in a series, you get the story without much effort. Abby Vandiver gives you enough background to make this a stand alone book. Her protagonist Justin is trying to prove her hypothesis that humankind originated in Mars.

She has her material and now she needs to get it deciphered. In the meanwhile she faces danger from many quarters as enemies try to stop her from completing her task. This exciting and fast paced story takes you literally from one end of the world to another, through fantastic settings and is vividly portrayed. A great suspense story from a talented author!
on 18 May 2014
Although Irrefutable Proof is a sequel (to In the Beginning) is can easily be a stand alone novel, also. The novel's opening chapter sets the tone for what is to come and also allows the reader to have an immediate grasp as to what this story will be about.
We are re-introduced to Justin Dickerson who is planning another book, The Dead Sea Fish. She wants to attain irrefutable proof that before the human race existed on Earth, they first originated from Mars.
The story line is tightly written, the characters diverse and engaging and the protagonist a surprise and utterly heartless. The reader is swept up in the intrigue, wondering if Justin will succeed.
I can only marvel at the author's dedication and brainstorming to get such a story written.
An enjoyable read.
on 15 February 2014
I received an advance copy of this book, some time before publication. Having read Abby Vandiver's first book (In the Beginning), to which this one is a sequel (although it can also be read on its own), I can vouch that this one is as good as the first one and holds your attention from Chapter One. Vandiver again mixes fact with fiction as she uses Earth's ancient mysteries to weave her tale of how pre-historic man had advanced knowledge in physics, math and architecture. The book will really get you thinking. An enjoyable read. I highly recommend it to everyone and especially to people who enjoyed her previous book.
on 12 February 2014
This is an enjoyable tale that presents amusing anthropological speculation in a mystery suspense setting. The action runs around the world from Israel to the USA to the Bay of Bengal. The characters are quirky and likable, with a twisted villain who will surprise you. Although it is a mystery suspense novel, it is light and fun reminding me of reading “The Hardy Boys” in my youth. This is the second in a series, bit I enjoyed it without reading the first. I did not notice that I had missed anything.
on 27 March 2014
This is a fast-paced novel which draws the reader straight into a world of ancient languages and danger.

Trying to decipher ancient manuscripts whilst being pursued by people intent on harming her, the main character with her band of assistants never gives up.

Based on an idea of humans originally coming to Earth from Mars, this is a fascinating and exciting tale in search of the truth recorded in the pages of an ancient text which everyone seems rather too interested in.
on 29 December 2014
Are you sure you know who to trust to? Irrefutable Proof was a gripping read from the start. Well developed conspiracy made me suspect everything and everyone and I honestly had no clue whatsoever where the story would take me.

This was science fiction in its best. Kind of like Indiana Jones meets Da Vinci Code. A story where historical facts mixed with fiction making it compelling read from the page one until the very end. Great adventure!