4.0 out of 5 stars pope john XXlll the good pope, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pope John XXIII: The Good Pope (Kindle Edition)
this was a very enjoyable read, I found it informative about his early life and back ground
the book was well written, easy to read,there was facts about the popes life I never knew
about so I found it interesting and informative, this is my second book from Wyatt North, and I can say that,
I wil have no problems reading books from them in future,
well done Wyatt North,
ive read lots of spiritual books and sometimes the way they are written its hard to get into them,
but these books make reading a pleasure,
john w

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to this Saint, 26 April 2014
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Pope John XXIII: The Good Pope (Kindle Edition)
This book was an awesome little read. A short quick sweet introduction to the man and his short service as pope. Pope John XXIII soon to be canonized has always appealed to me. I was not alive during Pope John XXII's term as pope. But I always felt drawn to him. Many today compare Pope Francis to John the XXIII and after reading this book I can see why.

Much of the background and younger years I was unaware of. I was familiar with his election and the calling of Vatican Council II. The book gives a great overview of his whole life.

The chapters are:
Pope John and the Jews
Death
Legacy
The Rosary

Once I started reading the book I did not want to put it down. Fortunately it is a short introduction into Pope John XXIII's life. It was a great little read and has inspired me to dig deeper in to John XXIII's life before his canonization later this spring.

Pope John XXIII: The Good Pope