Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 20 March 2013
I'm no good with words and have never felt compelled to comment here before, but with the lightest, most achingly beautiful touch Phildel just blew the rest of my music collection to pieces. Five stars is nowhere near enough.
on 21 March 2013
I first saw Phildel play live at Bush Hall, 2011. She was supporting Joseph Arthur. I was quite simply blown away by her music and her personality and have been following her career since. How do I describe her music? Walls of sound, anthemic drums, warm strings, haunting melodies.. it's hard to identify what is the secret recipe here, all I know is it so so works.. and I also know that this is going to be the album of the year for me.. and probably the industry..
on 6 April 2014
First of all I chose this album ‘cause of her name Phidel, it was risky I know, but as it turned out to be pretty cool buy. The sound is so, so different compared to any other sounds in my collection. I especially love the eerie pumping rhythm to ‘Storm song’, ‘The wolf’ and ‘Hole’s in your coffin’. These are well performed and recorded, in my opinion they’re classic mile stones for the musical world. The catchiness of ‘Mistakes’, ‘Moonsea’, fab. My overall favourite track on the album is ‘Switchblade’, the piano work so surfistiated for such a young musician and ‘Dare’, also ‘Funeral bell. Granted the title song, ‘Beside you’ (all versions), and ‘Afraid of the dark’ are a bit ‘girlie’, but keep playing the album and they’ll grow on yer! I recommend this album to be a part of everybody’s music collection.
on 2 September 2013
longCame across this album by accident. What an accident... Never heard music like this before, it dances across the border of so many genres, classic, dance, pop, ballad... There is a really beautiful east Asian twist featuring throughout, not surprising given her heritage.

After googling her to find out a bit more, she's had to fight to get where she is and I have so much respect for someone to achieve something like this against the odds. Startlingly clear voice, music to move the soul and an attack driven from her struggles. I will be watching this artist like a hawk, absolutely amazing.
on 10 February 2016
I buy a lot of things on Amazon and like to leave a fair review. On this occasion i have it on spotify. I don't understand how one person out of 53 gave this 2 stars. There isn't a single song on this or any of her other albums that isn't brilliant. When you see all the manufactured rubbish that churned out I the music business finding an artist of this quality is very very rare. For the majority who realised a good singer when there heard one, her other albums are equally brilliant. Listen to Qi - unbelievable talent
on 6 October 2014
I bought this on the strength of some good reviews, and what I good job I did! This is an utterly mesmerising debut album. There is a mix of Kate Bush and Lana Del Rey here, and possibly better than either. I can't rate it highly enough. Every track is stunningly beautiful, with a haunting lyrical quality to her voice. The production values are just superb. Impossible to pick out any favourite tracks, the whole album is a masterpiece of song-writing, singing, musicianship and production. This is everything that the x-factor genre of music is not.
on 20 March 2013
Quite daring, you may think! Only wait until you have listened to this stunning debut album of a very talented artist. Phildel's outworldish voice will captivate you, and not only her Storm Song will blow you away! By the way, I made breakthrough forecasts for these artists who were then largely unknown: Skakira, Adele, and Lana Del Rey...
on 29 March 2013
,Fantastic in both music and lyrics,the songs stay with you,Phildel is one to look out for.very much a "must own".
on 26 April 2013
The more I listen to it, the more I love it. I'm really addicted to it and I have to say many of my friends to whom I've shown her songs love it too.
It's incredible to think all the songs seem so simple yet so touching and powerful. There's not a single song I don't love and all of them make so sense together. It's a very complete album, unique as something I've never heard before. Can hardly wait to go to a concert :)
on 21 March 2013
I have been avidly following the rise and rise of Phildel for many years and waited for this release for what seems like forever!

This girl is not only beautiful and multi talented she transcends all genres of music appealing to all.She refuses to tick a specific box, and that is what sets her apart.She can transport us all on a magical journey without us having to leave the comfort of our own home.
I predict that Phildel will be the breakthrough artist at the Brits with her haunting melodies, magical lyrics and beautiful voice.
Definately my album of the year! Buy this album I guarantee you won't be disappointed.