5.0 out of 5 stars Impossibly beautiful
I'm no good with words and have never felt compelled to comment here before, but with the lightest, most achingly beautiful touch Phildel just blew the rest of my music collection to pieces. Five stars is nowhere near enough.
Published 17 months ago by Matthew Hynett

2.0 out of 5 stars nice voice shame about the song writing
Just felt I had to counter some of the slightly over the top praise this is receiving its a case of nice voice shame the songs are so repetitive and all sound the same. Its like one good idea/chorus/line spread over an entire album which is ok if you like that kind of thing personally I have very wide tastes musically and like variety this sadly doesn't really offer much...
Published 8 months ago by byekitty

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossibly beautiful, 20 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Differently Brilliant, Brilliantly Different..., 21 Mar 2013
I first saw Phildel play live at Bush Hall, 2011. She was supporting Joseph Arthur. I was quite simply blown away by her music and her personality and have been following her career since. How do I describe her music? Walls of sound, anthemic drums, warm strings, haunting melodies.. it's hard to identify what is the secret recipe here, all I know is it so so works.. and I also know that this is going to be the album of the year for me.. and probably the industry..

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 29 Mar 2013
,Fantastic in both music and lyrics,the songs stay with you,Phildel is one to look out for.very much a "must own".

5.0 out of 5 stars Prediction: Newcomer of the Year, 20 Mar 2013
Holger Wemmer (Altdorf, Germany) - See all my reviews
Quite daring, you may think! Only wait until you have listened to this stunning debut album of a very talented artist. Phildel's outworldish voice will captivate you, and not only her Storm Song will blow you away! By the way, I made breakthrough forecasts for these artists who were then largely unknown: Skakira, Adele, and Lana Del Rey...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 23 Mar 2013
Great album from a new star. All the tracks are enjoyable and will listen to album this again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcends all genres of music, 21 Mar 2013
I have been avidly following the rise and rise of Phildel for many years and waited for this release for what seems like forever!

This girl is not only beautiful and multi talented she transcends all genres of music appealing to all.She refuses to tick a specific box, and that is what sets her apart.She can transport us all on a magical journey without us having to leave the comfort of our own home.
I predict that Phildel will be the breakthrough artist at the Brits with her haunting melodies, magical lyrics and beautiful voice.
Definately my album of the year! Buy this album I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusually pleasing sound, 6 April 2014
Mr. M. F. TAYLOR "Mark Taylor" (Brixham England) - See all my reviews
First of all I chose this album ‘cause of her name Phidel, it was risky I know, but as it turned out to be pretty cool buy. The sound is so, so different compared to any other sounds in my collection. I especially love the eerie pumping rhythm to ‘Storm song’, ‘The wolf’ and ‘Hole’s in your coffin’. These are well performed and recorded, in my opinion they’re classic mile stones for the musical world. The catchiness of ‘Mistakes’, ‘Moonsea’, fab. My overall favourite track on the album is ‘Switchblade’, the piano work so surfistiated for such a young musician and ‘Dare’, also ‘Funeral bell. Granted the title song, ‘Beside you’ (all versions), and ‘Afraid of the dark’ are a bit ‘girlie’, but keep playing the album and they’ll grow on yer! I recommend this album to be a part of everybody’s music collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 5 Nov 2013
Beautiful voice, best album i have purchased in a while! I hope she has a lot of success, the world needs more artists like Phildel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great music, 14 Oct 2013
Miss L. G. CAMPBELL (Southampton UK) - See all my reviews
I'm really surprised we haven't heard more of this girl, but she's fabulous! If you like Lissie, Florence and the Machine, Ladyhawke, etc, then give Phildel a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, came in good condition, 4 Oct 2013
She has a very soft yet powerful voice. Lovely to listen to. Bought for my mum as a birthday present. Came in good condition on time.