on 26 November 2012
This is a fantastic movie and our kids love it. The trusted LEGO Hero Factory characters get super animal upgrades and do battle against the evil Witch Doctor and a host of villains. The animation is brilliant and the dialogue fast and witty as you'd expect from LEGO. My only disgruntlement is that this movie used to be viewable on LEGO's website, but I don't resent having to purchase it on DVD as the graphics look so much better on the TV. The kids watch the movie (while leaping about) then run off and role play elements of the movie and then spend hours with their Hero Factory box creating new and interesting variations on the basic Hero Factory model kits! And as HF is compatible with the old Bionicle range, all their old sets add in to the mix brilliantly. Far from mindless entertainment, the movie is a platform for exploration through play. Love it!
on 22 August 2012
If you buy this, you immerse yourself in a splendid piece of LEGO, a spiritual successor to the fabled BIONICLE, which almost transcends its predecessor. The three episodes here, the stand-alone episode 'Ordeal of Fire' and the two-parter 'Savage Planet', are a magnificent investment, providing entertainment by the bucket-load. Dealing in a suitably light way with dark ideas like addiction and consuming hatred, tried-and-tested story mechanics that have not lost their charm, and an ensemble cast, from regulars to guests, made up of what has become the staple cream of the cartoon-video game voice acting world (including Fred Tatasciore, Dee Bradley Baker and Tom Kenny). Don't buy this DVD for any special features, buy it for the episodes. If you liked 'Rise of the Rookies', you won't be disappointed with 'Savage Planet'.
on 27 January 2014
Brought for my granson for christmas he loves it .He has lots of these hero figures so new who the good and bad guys were,went over my head a bit
on 4 March 2013
These hero factory DVDs are always a favourite with my 6 year old son and his friends. I wish there were more of them
on 31 October 2013
Grandson (aged 7) was absolutely delighted with this DVD and never tires of watching it. Worth the money - success!
on 15 January 2014
Having tried out The Padawan Menace / The Empire Strikes Out double dvd on my 6 year old grandson, and found them an instant hit, I gave him Savage Planet as he had already built several of the Lego characters this dvd portrayed. As with the first dvd's, he has watched it several times, and now has his viewing strictly limited by my daughter! A sure hit dvd (this one mainly for boys) for those rainy days.
on 26 June 2013
And lover he is, considering how much we spent on the Hero Factory. With all these DVDs, they're really into it and then they cast them aside for months and month. It's the time they're occupied watching it makes it well worth it. And I have to say the quality of animation had improved a great deal!
on 21 May 2013
My 7 and 6 year old grandsons love watching these movies as they are very much into Lego and never seem to tire of them. The good thing is that they can watch them again and again and are a good length to watch before going to bed!
on 24 February 2013
Bought other Hero Factory DVD's and my little boy (4 years old) loves them all. Only wish there were more than 2/3. Well worth purchasing as not to agressive (and for us) a change from Power Rangers
on 19 February 2013
SATISFIED,THANKS,MY BOYS LOVE IT,GOOD WORKING ORDER, NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT,I BOUGHT TWOO ACTUALLY,THEY ARRIVED IN TIME,NO LATE JUST BEFORE XMAS