Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 4 September 2014
Another awesome book from Mcnab. The 1st Buckinham book was amazing and the follow up was no let down. It was worryingly accurate with the goings on today and I just hope there are lots of Tom Buckingham's looking after us and the pricks that put our safety behind their own political careers are the ones that get blown up by these scum bags.

The section about Sam wasn't as strong for me, but it like all the military and SAS stuff, so a normal immigrant was just a necessary evil for the story. I've just finished this obviously, and I've gone straight onto Amazon to order another book by Mcnab.
on 7 September 2015
Compared to Andy McNab's first Tom Buckingham thriller (Red Notice), this was a bit pedestrian and somewhat lacking in the "Thriller" department. Andy has taken time in this novel to develop the characters and spent less time on action sequences than in Red Notice; I prefer the action sequences. I intend to read the third Tom Buckingham Thriller (State of Emergency) when they drop the Kindle price :-), and hope there's more action.

Would also prefer fewer (or no) swearing. The swearing doesn't really add to the enjoyment of the novels and should be reduced or removed completely.
on 23 April 2016
Having read book 1 in this new series I was looking forward to a good read, unfortunately I found this book a little slow and disjointed and it was not until about 94% of the way through I could start to join up any of the dots then it rushed towards a conclusion with too many loose ends . Unusually with his books I found it difficult to read it in one go but instead found myself swapping to other books before coming back for a few more chapters. Andy appears to have lost his way with this one. I am hopeful that book 3 will be much better.
on 28 May 2015
I did not read book one but don't think it mattered.
This was ok, the anarchy on the streets of Britain was a topical premise.
I would have preferred a more in depth picture of what McNab thought that might look like.
Anyway Tom Buckingham is recruited by the secret squirrel society to find out if someone is steering Britain towards the brink of social meltdown due to racial tensions.
He embarks on his task with vigour and much blood letting.
All set up for book three which I have not decided if I will bother with.
on 7 October 2015
When I began reading this book, I had to check the cover to confirm that it actually was by McNab. It was so different in storyline, style of writing and even in some of the vocabulary from his earlier books that I was left wondering whether another author had also made a significant contribution, as has become the practice with some other well-known writers. This book lacked the usual gritty style which could bring his characters so much more to life than in this rather weak spy-type novel.
on 25 June 2014
I am a fan of the Nick Stone series by this author. I enjoyed Red Notice, the first Tom Buckingham book, but after reading Fortress I believe this could be one of Andy McNab's best book. With more political and social intrigue throughout the story, there is still the trademarked action and great characters. Although I miss the Nick Stone character, I am looking forward to the next Tom Buckingham book by Andy McNab. I can recommend this book (or series) to new and long term readers.
on 4 October 2014
Slightly disappointed with this offering from Andy McNab. Having read a couple of his other books I was hoping for some more of the same 'edge of the seat' stuff and this just didn't hit the spot. It was one of those books that I nearly gave up on three-quarters of the way through but I persevered to the end (but it was a struggle). Had to put my finger on why it didn't work, except perhaps to say that the story just didn't come to life like some of his other works did.
on 3 July 2014
Very difficult to follow the plot.
on 31 August 2014
After having read and enjoyed most of McNabs books I found this one to be a bit of a chore to read , there is a massive build up that rely doesn't amount to much exciting action and having worked out pretty much what was going to happen at the end there wasn't to much to keep me interested. Tom Buckingham is a great character and I hope in the next book he features in is more of the gripping read I have come to expect from McNab.
on 28 July 2015
Book 2 of the series - I have enjoyed all of Andy McNab's books but character & plots are getting a little "samey' . Obviously lots still to be explored in Buckingham's character. Not much follow on from Book 1 and you feel plenty left for far more books - a little thin compared to earlier books - a little too predictable - but well written as always. Of course I will be back for the next instalment!!