on 17 March 2014
The uplifting 'Top of the Wardrobe Gang' bring you their 'Our Poems for Kids' and as expected, it doesn't disappoint! It contains a fine collection of eight fun poems that your children will enjoy to read over and over again! My two personal favorite poems are "The Paint Box" and "Do You Have What It Takes." I'm sure that most children will enjoy them all. The colors and illustrations are very engaging, along with the flowing words from the gang! I also applaud the way in which the author, Melinda Kinsman encourages feedback, from their readers. I highly recommend this book.

To get a better feel for these great characters, please don't forget to download book one, "Introducing the Gang" or book two, "Hello from the Gang" for younger readers, (age 3 -5 years). I understand that both book 1 and 2, are available from the 'Top of the Wardrobe Gang' website. Truly great fun for children of all ages.

Review by Robin Rowles, Author of: Anne and Stan's Magical Salt and Pepper Pot Adventures
on 14 February 2014
This is no ordinary book of rhymes. Fun oozes out of this charming book, with the games, the illustrations, the crazy characters let alone the rhymes. It's a very involving book that has been carefully thought about, considered and written, not just thrown together like a slug stew.

I especially enjoyed the rhyme about colours because I myself am a colourful slug-breeder. The rest were inventive and fun to read.

Highly recommended and do check out books one and two. They're free to download from Melinda's website!
on 21 February 2014
This is a great book of poems for the younger reader. It's perfect for use at my assistant's Amateur Dramatics group where the kids recite poems to give them confidence, standing on stage. The poems are light-hearted but will help younger children to learn to read or understand concepts as they are read to them - depending on their age.

The illustrations are wonderfully bright and colourful and illustrate the poems perfectly.

Looking forward to the next one - I hear monsters are coming! Can't wait!
on 12 February 2014
Fun and happiness resonate throughout this book, and you can't fail to have a smile on your face when reading it. The poems are simple and effective and perfectly written for the age group for which they are intended. The illustrations add to the words throughout and there is an educational element to the book as well with the colour poems. Highly recommended and perfect for cheering up both children and their adults together.
on 27 July 2014
Our Poems for Kids (Top of the Wardrobe Gang, Book 3) by Melinda Kinsman is a fun and educational rhyming book for children. One of the first things one learns is that the Wardrobe Gang are stuffed animals that live on top of little Billy's wardrobe. And being helpful toys, they each have a hand in the publication of the book series.

A few of the poems that I liked the best were "Row, Joe, Row" which touches on water safety, while "My Boots are RED Boots!" and "The Paint Box" are terrific ways to teach colors to children. And "Do You Have What it Takes?" is an uplifting poem that teaches children they can do what they want if they keep trying and don't give up. The book is a compilation of eight poems that I can clearly imagine children begging their parents to read to them many times over.

Although, the book is listed on Amazon with a 3 to 7 age group for children, I found myself smiling as I read each poem.
on 18 February 2014
Having been given the task of writing a poem for school, my son asked for my help. Poems for children was not something i had ever looked at or read to my son, so we searched for examples on Amazon and came across Melinda's, Our Poems for Kids. What a delightful book! The poems are fun, and the drawings enchanting, a great introduction to the world of children's poems.
on 11 February 2014
I loved this book - I feel reading with children is a happy and important part of our relationship and I loved the bright colours and rhymes. This book is cleverly eye-catching and will build confidence and, I hope, a joy in reading. I was delighted to see an older brother reading it to his sibling to the obvious pleasure of them both.
This is a fun book of poems for children. The book is colourful with bright images. The poems are fun and are a great introduction to poetry and the way it works. I'm ever so slightly in love with the top of the wardrobe gang - they are so cute!

Recommended.
on 13 February 2014
The Top of the Wardrobe Gang are a wonderful creation. We really enjoyed the poems very much. And the accompanying animations were just lovely, with a well judged colour palette which is sure to hold any child's (and grown up's) attention. Great book!
on 10 February 2014
Some delightful and simple poems designed to engage with a younger reader coupled with some colourful illustrations makes this a thoroughly pleasant set of poems for kids.