5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I was there!
Published 12 months ago by Andy Sweeney

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Live concert,sound not so good
Published 3 months ago by David Willingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I was there!, 26 Nov 2013
Andy Sweeney "music was my first love" (Brighton, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
For some reason, around the middle of 2012, I'd grown a little bored of Elbow. I suppose that, as I'd loved them so passionately and intensely for a couple of years and played both "Leaders Of The Free World" and "The Seldom Seen Kid" so many times, when "Build A Rocket Boys" came out and I didn't absolutely adore it, it was much more of a let-down than it should have been, because it's actually a rather good album. I'd seen them a few times in concert before I saw them at the Isle of Wight festival in 2012 and, to my surprise, I wasn't really into it at all, even though (as TV coverage has since proved) it was an excellent set. I decided at that point that you can have too much of a good thing and I needed a bit of a break from Guy and the band. It wasn't them, you know, it was me. However, it had been a while since I'd last listened to them seriously and when I saw "Live At Jodrell Bank", I was quite pleased to see something new by Elbow and happily bought it.

I'm so glad I did. This superb album has made me fall in love with the band's music all over again and has whetted my appetite for the new studio album which is due out in Spring 2014. I'm a little jealous of those who attended this excellent live show, but, on the other hand, I'm listening to it in my nice, warm, dry house, so perhaps this is the better way to enjoy it! I'm thinking that I need to dust off my copy of "Build A Rocket Boys", because the songs featured on "Live At Jodrell Bank" from that album sound every bit as good as the tracks from my favourite two Elbow releases. They truly are a magnificent band, one of the very best British bands of the last decade and this live album only serves as a reminder of just how magnificent they and their music are as they reel off brilliant song after brilliant song, with conviction, love and a real belief in their material. The power of "Leaders Of The Free World" is almost breathtaking, "The Birds" is mesmerising and "The Loneliness Of The Tower Crane Driver" is simply beautiful.

The audience play an important part on this album too - when you hear them sing "Holy cow, I love your eyes" on "One Day Like This" or the excitement building when they sing the introduction to "Grounds For Divorce", it all add to making this a highly enjoyable live album and, let's face it, live albums can be very hit and miss. Their "Seldom Seen Kid, Live At Abbey Road" album is still probably my favourite live album ever and I didn't think they would be able to release another live album that came anywhere near to that kind of experience, but "Live At Jodrell Bank" very nearly equals it, for the sheer brilliance and emotional response it stirs inside me when I listen to it. I almost feel like I owe Elbow an apology for shunning their music for over a year, but the rest has obviously done me good, because I find myself as enthusiastic about their music now as I was at the peak of my love for the band and really wishing that the new album wasn't still a few months away. In the meantime, of course, we have this to listen to and enjoy... and it's a rather satisfying substitute.

5.0 out of 5 stars ELBOW AT THEIR BEST, 5 Dec 2013
I was at this show and despite the abismal weather the guys were AWESOME.
This dvd+cd package is a must for any Elbow fan as it documents the band on top form. Superbly filmed and fantastic sound quality make this a must.It captures the beauty of the live show and a magnificent sellection of songs.
The cds lack nothing either.BUY IT NOW

4.0 out of 5 stars great gig., 10 Jan 2014
I have loved Elbow from their very first album - they are one of a few bands who I will always buy their albums when they are released. This is well worth buying if you're a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is Elbow, 30 Nov 2013
B. J. du Cille (West Bromwich, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It is Elbow and that is all you need to know. A great band in an atmospheric setting. I was away in Turkey when it happened so could not go - this is the next best thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE ELBOW CD's AROUND, 3 July 2014
Anna (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live At Jodrell Bank (MP3 Download)
Amazing - you feel that you were there with the hundreds of others in the rain listening to one of the most down to earth performers around. If you like Elbow or just want to give it a try would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy., 8 Sep 2014
I'm a Pink Floyd fan, and the greatest compliment I can give Elbow is that they are the nearest I've heard to PF since the Division Bell. This is a wonderful parallel to Pulse, with iconic music on a cd and a dvd of a brilliantly memorable performance. I tend to keep this on the car cd player rather than the individual albums as I love the live atmosphere even on audio. A great buy, and a perfect escape when everyone's out of the house and I can watch the concert with the surround sound at an appropriate volume (big kid, or what!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 July 2014
I love everything this group has done. This is excellent and the DVD is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
H. Corbett - See all my reviews
Excellent CD value for money quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014