4.0 out of 5 stars Wait, there's more?
I spent the past couple of days reading book 4 and wondering exactly how we're going to get to the end, to witness Ellie's World-changing feat. Instead, there just seemed to be a lot of chapters taken up on the resort-world the guys get stranded on. Then I reached the end, and it turns out there's a book 5.

Wait. What? Okay, I'll admit that I thought there was...
Published 8 months ago by simon211175

2.0 out of 5 stars Only half a story
Reading these books is like watching a series on tv. As such each episode is a complete adventure. Seen this way this book is half an episode with no satisfactory conclusion. The plot rambles along lacking the pace of the other books and rather than being eager for the next I feel cheated into buying an incomplete book / half a chapter, and uncertain if the series will be...
Published 3 months ago by Linda Butler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Wait, there's more?, 3 Sept. 2014
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ellie Quin Episode 4: Ellie Quin in WonderLand (The Ellie Quin Series) (Kindle Edition)

Wait. What? Okay, I'll admit that I thought there was just 4 books in this series, and was a little annoyed when I found that out - as there currently is NO book 5. It's been a few hours now, and I've checked again - still no book 5. I don't even know when it's coming.

Anyway, back to book 4. This series has got better with each instalment, and this one was no exception. You've got a couple of surprises in store here, and I didn't see them coming. We do end on a pretty major cliff-hanger though, so there'd better be signs of a book 5 somewhere.

If you've got this far, you'll be reading this regardless of the reviews. I'd recommend it for sure - although you may want to wait until the complete series is available, on the off-chance you are as impatient as I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing piece of writing!!, 6 May 2014
I really love this book, and all the books in the Ellie Quin series! Like the other books, it has a brilliant cliffhanger ending, and an adult feel to it that other teen fictions seem to lack.

He isn't afraid to kill off characters, which I like, and he makes you hang on his every word.

5.0 out of 5 stars crud its finished, 22 April 2014
I tried to make the book last as long as I could but I finished it too quickly. Great book very exciting and very addictive, hurry and bring book 5 out. My favourite series of books ever, how can I last with an ending like that.

5.0 out of 5 stars episode 4, 21 April 2014
great - can't wait until the next episode comes to kindle.. still can't work out what is special about her.. but want to read on

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read :D, 22 Feb. 2014
Only into chapter three but like the others in the series it's brillient. Trying not to read it too quick LOL, but also check out timeriders, :) love your work Alex x

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab it while it's hot - my bet is Ellie Quin will be snapped up for cinema soon!, 13 Feb. 2014
This is the fourth volume of a series of short books set in the future based around Ellie Quin.
I would definitely advise you to read the three previous books before reading this one as the stories follow on from each other, and there are many references to the previous books.

Once again, Alex Scarrow has delivered a fresh and exciting chapter to Eliie Quin's life. Though set in the distant future, the books are very readable and easy to follow, whilst being thrilling and hard to put down. It is an excellent series and it would not surprise me if in a few years we are seeing trailers for the movie!
Absolutely love them, and love Alex Scarrow, i would definitely follow him on twitter: @AlexScarrow and i hope you enjoy this book as much as i did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderland is Wonderful!, 13 Feb. 2014
Alex Scarrow writes YA fiction for adults.

No, seriously that is how he approaches writing YA fiction, he writes for adults which means when I read his books, aged 46, I'm not being dumbed down. It also means that if a 12 year old reads it she won't feel patronised.

This book deals with themes of Totalitarian Governments, Freedom of expression (in the non-political way as much as anything), Religion (especially extremist views), Enviromental issues, Genetic research, more... In a YA Sci-Fi book no less.

We continue watching the trials of Ellie Quin, a seemingly ordinary girl caught up in something that she didn't ask for. She doesn't even know what this something is!

Together with her less than ordinary friend Jez she finds herself dumped on a derelict exotic holiday destination.

Alex doesn't pull those punches, as I say he writes YA fiction for Adults. You can't always be certain a character is safe from harm. Some certainly get harmed.

The narative voice lets you see into the inner thoughts of most of the characters so you see where the antagonist's sympathies lie and how they are often juxtaposed with his loyalties. Brilliantly giving us insite into the characters he crafts for us.

There are plenty of references to things you might recognise - a lovely reference to his popular TimeRiders series made me smile!

Excellent book - looking forward to Episode 5!

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaty character development in newest instalment of Ellie Quin, 10 Feb. 2014
w ross walker (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Book 4 of Ellie Quin and this one was a much About Deacon as it was about Ellie.

Scarrow has brilliantly, in such a short space of time turn Deacon from the ruthless, heartless, hunter into a character with more light and shade than in the previous volumes.
It is this kind of character development the sets Alex Scarrow apart from his contemporaries and it is a skill he has shown throughout the Time Riders Series.

One of the things I love about the EQ Series is the little pop culture Easter eggs that are sprinkled throughout the book. Whether it be historically inaccurate Omnipedia entries and comments or nuggets of information from the "past" that have almost made it (but not quite) unscathed by the passage of time.

All of this and the fact that Alex Scarrow possesses one of the most vivid, wildest and funniest imaginations in fiction make Ellie Quin in Wonderland the perfect continuation of series.

I highly recommend this book and encourage everyone to check out Alex Scarrow' s other work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie Quin book 4 .... the adventures continue :@), 10 Feb. 2014
great read.the best in the series so far,[this would be great on the big screen,would love to see wonderland in all its glory]in the past after reading several other series spread out over a few volumes ive found myself re-reading to catch or remind myself of little details [esp @Alex other great series TimeRiders] however this book is able to take you directly from where is was in book 3 and catch up lake youve turned the page of another chapter,just like that your back to were you left off over a year ago right up to date in a few chapters.its funny how for a brief period in the book i even found myself batting for the other side ,for want of a better term . i canot wait for book 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read wih great characters, 8 Feb. 2014
Ellie and Jez have escaped the clutches of the administration and landed in Wonderland a fantasy land which ar first seems idylic!! All however is not what it seems - are they in more danger? Great characters - I love Ellie and Jez and even find myself empathising wih Deacon who is trying his best to kill hem. Wish it was longer - look forward to Chapter 5.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›