5.0 out of 5 stars AAWWSOME!, 25 Feb 2014
S. Fox "Iceni" (UK) - See all my reviews
I first became a Johnny Winter fan when I was 17 and at the Bath Festival of Blues & Progressive Music (sounds like R3 LOL) 1970.

I was just about to go to sleep as it was raining and midnight - when I heard this incredible guitar and lion's roar of a voice - so put all clothes back on, left boyfriend and rushed down to the stage again. I think I made it in 2 minutes as he was into his second song but heard the whole of 'Rock & Roll Hoochie Koo" and I was in LOVE. Even Jimi Hendrix himself was supposed to be in the audience that night.

The many live tracks catch this living legend (who is touring this year for his 70th birthday) you feel right back there - in fact they're even better than the studio ones - we are dealing with a genius here.

56 tracks, 4 x CDs and not a single duff track. Bargain!

PS Happy Birthday Johnny!

4.0 out of 5 stars winter blues, 1 April 2014
4cds nice boxset ,some good tracks and a fair price but could have been better.playing time is about 1hr each cd when any of the live bootleg series is about 70 mins and one mistake the live version of its my own fault from live at the fillmore is the short version of 10 mins and not the full version of 22 mins!

5.0 out of 5 stars Of course I heard of a Johnny but, 17 April 2014
Didn't own any if his music on vinyl or cd until I bought Illustrated Man about 20 years ago. Since then,bought just about everything the man ever recorded. Then about 4 years ago,was lucky enough to go with my partner to see him live for the first time. Johnny was almost blind,had to be led onstage,sat down the whole set,and his voice was croaky,and barely audible at times. But,OMG,that guitar playing ! Totally superb,and effort less. I'm sure he wasn't,but he seemed almost bored at times that it was so easy to play a guitar like that. And this box set. Yes, I have 95% of the stuff on here,but it's still great to have another copy if it all in a different cd format. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Johnny Winter, 25 Feb 2014
As a life summary this is one of the best. As a music source it is like all Johnny Winter albums, a great experience. My only regret is not having seen him live, yet (I say with scant optimism, living where he never visits.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Music, 11 April 2014
O M G......... why hadn't I bought his albums or CDs before. I am now begining a collection of his music. This album took me back to when I used to watch the Trevor Burton Band, live, way back when, in Birmingham. Can understand now how all the blues guitarists follow Johnny Winter and learn from him. I have been told, by a very well known guitar designer to here in Devon, that Johnny is now in a wheelchair. I hope he can still play. So sad. Bez.x

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 9 Mar 2014
Ms. C. A. Jinkins (Liverpool, Merseyside) - See all my reviews
The cd arrived very quickly and in perfect condition. Bought it as a present for my partner and he has had his headphones in ever since!!!