5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book
Published 3 months ago by Rob

2.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BOOK
It helped me a lot. It explains some apects of Mavericks in detail and the differences with the windows platform.
Published 3 months ago by Zombino

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 14 May 2014
I took the plunge with an iMac after several months of getting slowly more frustrated with Windows 8.1 - probably a similar story to most converts. I absolutely love my iMac, SO much better and faster than a PC - I am finally learning what 'multi-tasking' SHOULD be! However, it is quite different to Windows, which I have been using for twenty-odd years, so I started looking for a book to help me make the transition. I came across the 'missing manual' series and read about David Pogue, and I thought he sounded very knowledgeable. I almost went for the 'OSX Maverick's book, as a lot of the reviews said it was suitable for both beginners and seasoned Mac users alike. But then I came across this book, and after reading some reviews from other websites, I thought it seemed to suit my need better. And I am glad I bought it, it lays out absolutely everything you need to make the switch from Windows to Mac, as painlessly as possible. I consider myself fairly 'computer-savvy' but I was unprepared for just HOW much difference there is between the two systems. I've only had a the book about a week but it has already shown me how to do some of the things I was struggling with, and the writing style is neither too technical nor to too condescending. David has the perfect writing style and makes learning fun. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Written in a very readable style, this book is ..., 6 Aug 2014
Written in a very readable style, this book is, gradually, pointing me in the right direction towards using the facilities offered by the Mac.

2.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BOOK, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Mavericks Edition (Kindle Edition)