5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book
Published 13 months ago by Rob

As a newcomer to the Mac, this book is completely useless. Even the most basic items are either missing or wrapped up to prevent them being understood. Experienced users may find it useful but do not buy it if you need assistance.
Published 4 months ago by new Mac user

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 14 May 2014
Rob (Wirral, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I took the plunge with an iMac after several months of getting slowly more frustrated with Windows 8.1 - probably a similar story to most converts. I absolutely love my iMac, SO much better and faster than a PC - I am finally learning what 'multi-tasking' SHOULD be! However, it is quite different to Windows, which I have been using for twenty-odd years, so I started looking for a book to help me make the transition. I came across the 'missing manual' series and read about David Pogue, and I thought he sounded very knowledgeable. I almost went for the 'OSX Maverick's book, as a lot of the reviews said it was suitable for both beginners and seasoned Mac users alike. But then I came across this book, and after reading some reviews from other websites, I thought it seemed to suit my need better. And I am glad I bought it, it lays out absolutely everything you need to make the switch from Windows to Mac, as painlessly as possible. I consider myself fairly 'computer-savvy' but I was unprepared for just HOW much difference there is between the two systems. I've only had a the book about a week but it has already shown me how to do some of the things I was struggling with, and the writing style is neither too technical nor to too condescending. David has the perfect writing style and makes learning fun. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Written in a very readable style, this book is ..., 6 Aug. 2014
Written in a very readable style, this book is, gradually, pointing me in the right direction towards using the facilities offered by the Mac.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have if you're switching from a PC to a MAC, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Mavericks Edition (Kindle Edition)
Very helpful manual, full of lots of useful information and tips

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this if you are a Mac novice!, 8 Dec. 2014
Just what was needed! We are new to Mac after many years of Windows use. Book is clearly written and reference section at the end most useful of all. Still can't find how to delete one letter using Pages though!

5.0 out of 5 stars For someone who was Microsoft for years it was just ..., 14 Nov. 2014
For someone who was Microsoft for years it was just want I needed. I am still reading it for all those things that you can do in Microsoft but in apple happen another way-usually easier as well..

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book it does what it says, 13 Oct. 2014
T. Davies "sparky 1" (UK) - See all my reviews
A great book it does what it says , the missing manual .

1.0 out of 5 stars this book is completely useless. Even the most basic items are either missing ..., 22 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2014
Excellent

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 19 Dec. 2014
Mr. Robert Maitland (County Antrim UK) - See all my reviews
To technical for my poor brain.

2.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BOOK, 5 May 2014
It helped me a lot. It explains some apects of Mavericks in detail and the differences with the windows platform.