Published 14 months ago by Susan D

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern Baby Crochet
I was a bit disappointed with this book It was quite dear and the content can be found in other books There was not a lot of new inspiration or content for the price of the book
Published 10 months ago by Ann E Bartlett

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Not just for Baby - I'd love some of the designs around my house, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Modern Baby Crochet: Patterns for Decorating, Playing, and Snuggling (Kindle Edition)
If your looking to make that ideal gift for a baby shower then this book will hold everything you will need. The book consists of 21 easy crochet patterns for you to make. Stacey has used her fantastic designs to concentrate on the Nursery which the the hub of any mother and babies life. I love the way the colours are bright and beautiful and will stimulate anyone to a smile. The designs are fun and interesting and some can be used for around the house as well as in a nursery. You can either make one individual item or make a set to match. You can make the designs your own by choosing your own colour combinations. Stacey hasn't left anything out within the 21 patterns there are: beautiful blankets, entrancing mobiles, whimsical plush toys and an ottoman and rug. The patterns are then showcased in 3 colour stories. Stacey talks you through everything from picking your yarn
to gauge & crochet hooks. Everything is discussed in an easy to read manner with helpful pictures. So if you are a beginner crocheter you feel at ease when you start to make your projects. I love the way that even the finishing techniques are shown. I know quite a lot of crochet books forget to explain this part and it makes a huge difference to how your finished item looks. The thing that gets me most excited it most of the projects don't even have to be made for baby. I've seen quite a few blankets and cushions that I would like to make for my house. I also know there are a few that my son would love to be made for him. All in all I think this book is fantastic value for money. It's one you can keep using year on year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely range of designs, 15 Mar. 2014
Nice range of designs, and not just for baby or child for that matter, but some great furnishing ideas, some of which you can even see on the front cover!

Stacey Trock has designed some lovely items, and writes the patterns clearly and well organised. This is just one of her books, and I like her designs and pattern writing that much that I have bought them all, albeit only a small number so far. I would definitely buy her future books unseen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 May 2014
I love Stacey patterns, in this book you have several, the are well explained and easy to follow, great book

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 19 Jun. 2014
Susie Q "Bob's wife" (Wirral Cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a nice little book. There are a couple of patterns I will make but I do think that not much is different to other books apart from the bright coloured yard that are used. That said I still think it is worth buying. It has a refreshing approach and beginners could have a go at some of the patterns.

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern Baby Crochet, 19 Jun. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ideas, 15 Mar. 2014
This book contains some wonderful ideas and fun designs. A great addition to any crafty persons bookshelf or kindle space. The only reason I didn't give it five stars was because the first 25 per cent or one quarter of the book is taken up with basic instruction. Basic construction and crochet tuition is easily found in other books or elsewhere.