5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - but why only one season? I need more!
This is one of those annoying American series... you know the ones... annoying in the fact they hook you in with their wit, wonderful acting, fantastic characters, marvellous storylines and general good humour, only for you to find out too late that the show had been cancelled before the first series finished airing in the USA.

I am mainly talking about 'Studio...
Published on 28 April 2013 by B. Allen

1.0 out of 5 stars sub-par Perry sells out with this one
Published 12 months ago by blackwolfski

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - but why only one season? I need more!, 28 April 2013
B. Allen "Yellow Car Rules" (NUNEATON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I am mainly talking about 'Studio 60 on Sunset Strip' (also starring the wonderful Matt Perry, and brilliant Bradley Whitford - both seen in Aaron Sorkin's previous hit The West Wing), 'Sports Night' (though they did at least let that one have two series before dropping it) and 'Firefly' (the wonderful Joss Whedon space-western series with Nathan Fillion)... all wonderful characters, all wodnerful writing, all dropped way too soon.

'Mr Sunshine' is a great series - Matthew Perry is perfect as the titular character, Mr Sunshine both representing the fact he runs The Sunshine sports arena and ironically, as he really isn't a sunshine-y personality. But he is brilliant.

I must just doff my cap to the fabulously diverse Allison Janney (CJ Cregg from West Wing) who plays Matthew Perry's completly crazy boss. She is an absolute joy to watch in this.

Oh and the series also wins my made-up award for shortest and most hilarious theme tune ever.

Come on America - please bring these wonderful series back... there are loads of fans out there just waiting for you to make our lives complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!!!, 9 Mar. 2014
Mr. J. D. Cryer "Dougie" (Bedford, England) - See all my reviews
Great series, terminated too early. There is so much drivel that gets carried over to 2nd and 3rd series and yet simple good comedy like this gets canned before the first series finishes airing.

Problem with episodes 10 and 11 on here also means that there is not enough.

The real killer is the cliff hanger that we are left with at the end of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a few episodes, you'll be hooked!, 16 May 2014
I wasn't laughing out loud during the first episode, but as the characters developed and the stories became more involved, I found myself unable to resist watching them! It's got a lot of heart and doesn't follow a conventional sitcom pattern or character dynamic, which I just loved. Really hope they make more..

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic mr sunshine, 5 May 2014
I really thought this show was brilliant. It is so funny with Matthew Perry his usual comedy self and the excellent Allison Janney in such a different role from the West Wing. Outstanding cast and really disappointed it has been cancelled :0(

5.0 out of 5 stars So, so good, why did they have to cancel?, 20 April 2014
Well written, funny, touching, for me Mr. Sunshine had all of the makings of one of those special series that I could have happily watched for years. Matthew Perry plays Matthew Perry, in other words he's Chandler Bing with more confidence. The acting surprise for me is Allison Janney; I've been a fan ever since West Wing, but I had no idea just how versatile she is.
I find it very hard to understand why it received low ratings and a so disappointed that there won't be more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 7 April 2014
Yet another American series that has me hooked with their fantastic characters, wit, wonderful acting, class storylines and fantastically infectious humour, only for me to find that the show had been cancelled before the first series finished airing. yet again I must ask my self if Americans are defunct of humour or if the whole county has had a lobotomy and are unable to watch something that isn't drivel.

If the person who cancelled this show is ever reading this you my friend are a moron.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, would enjoy more..., 18 Mar. 2014
title says it all really, 11 episodes was just too short - It would be nice to see the characters through to a satisfying end not a cliff hanger, but a proper finish

1.0 out of 5 stars sub-par Perry sells out with this one, 21 May 2014
Mr Sunshine is the work of possibly-brilliant minds on a very poor day. Matthew Perry is directly involved in so much of this, which is a shame, as I imagine there's something better he can create than this drivel. His acting is the acting of a man who knows he's making drivel, but it trying to wade through with dignity (impossible in this case). Alison Janney gets to play a character who is detached from everyone, so therefore has the best time in a show full of 80s-style "well-wouldn't-ya-know" and "Is-that-a-challenge?!" acting with an underwhelmed soundtrack that is meant to be ironic, but just ends up as being a warning of attainment.

I know that "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" was quite indulgent and introspective, but I loved it. 30 Rock was the crazier, more light-hearted sister to that, and I loved that too. I wish "Studio 60" had been greenlit for another couple of seasons, as I thought it was Matthew Perry's best work as an actor. This, sadly, is nowhere near his best work.

The Best Man