5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and good value way to upgrade your flat screen TV sound
Great value addition for a flat screen TV to improve the sound.

While you cannot expect a soundbar to blow you away like a 5.1 system with an AV receiver can. This effort from Sony is up there with the best you can get for your money. It looks fantastic too.

Pros:
-great value for an easy upgrade - plug in and play with optical cable...
Published 10 months ago by Never Wong

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that I had to position the bar on the ...
Disappointed that I had to position the bar on the wall which meant that I have to come close to it, to change sound levels.
The mini sized zapper does not reach very far . Otherwise great for
music like the proms last week.
Published 8 months ago by maurice gavin

‹ Previous | 15 6 736 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars ... as a cheap stop gap until I got a better system. Its limited if you wanna pump out ..., 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sony HT-CT60BT 2.1 Channel Surround Soundbar and Subwoofer with Bluetooth/NFC Function (Electronics)
I got this as a cheap stop gap until I got a better system. Its limited if you wanna pump out bass music, but for movies.... Superb!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual Sony quality, 25 July 2014
Bought this, like a lot of people, to add punch to my flat screen's sound, wasn't looking for an overpriced sound system. I only have experience of two sound bars, this one, and the LG NB4530 which is about £120 more, and the difference isn't noticable, so this appears to be a very good sound bar. I mention the LG as I returned this Sony and bought that. Not because I was disappointed with the Sony, but simply as my budget was £300 and I thought I may as well spend as much as I can, then I'll have the peace of mind of knowing I have the best soundbar possible. It also got five stars from What Hi-Fi, though this Sony also got the same score. I got my LG for £229 from Richer Sounds, I believe it is £250 everywhere else.

So, in conclusion, I would say if you're looking to get really good sound this will do you proud. Argos are selling the same model for £89, but it doesn't have the Bluetooth/NFC Function, and you can't return it at Argos either, but if those two things aren't a requirement for you, you can save some money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paid £85 for this & was happy with the sound improvement from my Samsung 50" TV, 14 Jan. 2015
Paid £85 for this & was happy with the sound improvement from my Samsung 50" TV.
The Bluetooth is a must for me & the kids for playing music from our phones & may buy another one soon for my bedroom.
Only let down was taken out prime for nextday delivery but item never arrived & I wasted 12 hours waiting in.I was offered another free month,but cancelled my prime account as I'll never use it again & won't trust amazons couriers again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound is noticeably better. It is easy to operate via the small ..., 4 Mar. 2015
Although it took a week to be delivered from Amazon, it was worth waiting for,in my opinion. The purchase was very well packed. I connected the TiVo box to my Sound bar with the optical lead provided in 10 mins.The sound is noticeably better. It is easy to operate via the small remote. When I played my music through the sound bar via Bluetooth it was (in my opinion) superb. Well worth the money and I would recommend it, whole heartedly.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... the item as I found the output not much better than my tv sound, 22 Sept. 2014
I returned the item as I found the output not much better than my tv sound.
I now have a Panasonic which has a higher wattage but the sound is superb was slightly more expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a Sony KDL42W705B which doesn't have great sound. With not having a budget for a ..., 2 Jan. 2015
I have a Sony KDL42W705B which doesn't have great sound. With not having a budget for a punchy 5.1 system, this was on my Xmas wish list. Ordered it when the price dropped to £84.99 and haven't looked back. So easy to set up and I'm very impressed with the sound for the price. The bar does cover the IR of the TV and the Sky remote won't control the sound so you need to keep the soundbar remote safe but it's well worth the small hassle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 9 Jan. 2015
Provides a good sound. It's not the best sounding bar on the market but the price reflects this. It is a great improvement on the poor sound from modern TV's. The NFC function works well and is much easier than pairing a Bluetooth device through the standard means. It is also a good addition that the remote control will control the channel and TV volume (through the TV's speakers) so I don't need two remotes all of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony HT-CT60BT 2.1 Channel Surround Soundbar, 13 Jun. 2014
This goes very well with the TV, its stylish and delivered cinematic surround sounds. Have this on the wall and it looks nice next to the television. The bar is neat and the box is not too bulky. I consider this to be a good buy and I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good boost for my TV, 14 Mar. 2015
After a little thinking I managed to connect this sound bar to the MK908 Quad Core Mini CD via the Blue Tooth and my Virgin Tivo box via the Digital Optical Cord. This has lifted the sound from my Toshiba 48L345*DB TV especially the bass, as others have said it is not as good as surround sound but for a TV I am perfectly satisfied. Would have been 5 stars if my TV would have been able to connect all in one with Blue Tooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 9 Jan. 2015
Bought this for under £80 in a high street sale after putting up with the tinny sound my samsung TV produced. Easy to install, fitted the supplied optical cable direct to sky box, muted the TV sound and at last a perfect sound, just the right amount of bass , easy to use albeit small remote and have tried the bluetooth with my android phone and iPad and they both worked well.
The subwoofer is a nice size and is well up to the job with the bass. For the moment I have the Soundbar behind the TV as it doesn't fit in front due to the awkward angle I have my TV, this does not interfere with sound but does hide the lights on the Soundbar which would be better on display to show the display lights. My only gripe is that I can't tell what volume level I'm on as it does not display anything on the TV but I've got use to it now. Very happy and recommend.
Update - had to move sound bar to the front of the TV as it couldn't recieve the remote very well at the back, sound still excellent, watched Terminator 2 and the sound effects were outstanding, made the film more enjoyable.

‹ Previous | 15 6 736 | Next ›