5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and good value way to upgrade your flat screen TV sound
Great value addition for a flat screen TV to improve the sound.

While you cannot expect a soundbar to blow you away like a 5.1 system with an AV receiver can. This effort from Sony is up there with the best you can get for your money. It looks fantastic too.

Pros:
-great value for an easy upgrade - plug in and play with optical cable...
Published 11 months ago by Never Wong

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that I had to position the bar on the ...
Disappointed that I had to position the bar on the wall which meant that I have to come close to it, to change sound levels.
The mini sized zapper does not reach very far . Otherwise great for
music like the proms last week.
Published 9 months ago by maurice gavin

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and good value way to upgrade your flat screen TV sound, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Sony HT-CT60BT Soundbar (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Great value addition for a flat screen TV to improve the sound.

Pros:
-great value for an easy upgrade - plug in and play with optical cable (supplied)
-looks really good with a matching Sony TV and has a premium build quality about it
-punchy subwoofer
-good if you have lack of space
-simple to use remote that can also control the TV too

Cons:
-won't blow you away with immersive cinematic sound (go for a 5.1 set)
-if placed direclty infront of TV, then blocks the IR remote signal. (no IR bypass)

5.0 out of 5 stars So good even the neighbours love it., 27 Dec. 2014
I love my home entertainment, I have a decent TV, which was only slightly let down by the sound, it's not terrible, but certainly isn't great. I wanted to improve this without paying a small fortune for a complete home cinema sound system, and boy does this do the job.

Straight out the box it looks quality, it is a dark grey colour which luckily perfectly matches my TV by another manufacturer, the subwoofer is meant to sit to the side out the way but is a nice, clean black should you wish to not hide it.

It could not be easier to set up and takes up a fraction of the space of a full on system.

i) Attach the bar to the TV with the supplied optical lead. ii) Connect the sub woofer. iii) Plug it in.
That's it it's ready to go, it really is that simple. Depending on your TV you may need to tell the TV to switch between internal speakers and external (the soundbar) but that's no real hardship really is it? It's also great you don't need to route wires around the room, a personal bugbear of mine from past experience.

It may not be full on 5.1 surround sound but for the price paid it is more then up to the job and the improved quality of the sound improvement is instantly noticeable. The bass is amazing, you can feel the sound as much as hear it, you'll be surprised how low you actually need the volume, too loud and half the street will hear/feel it, giving not just a great quality of sound but a great depth to it too.

The Blue Tooth works very well and is easy to connect to, it's great to just connect my iPhone remotely and chill to the music with no wires necessary.

It comes with a small remote, and I do mean SMALL, 100x40x10mm which is great as you don't need it to be large but is very easy to misplace, not that I've done that of course.

All in all for the money it costs, and the quality of product, I am absolutely over the moon and would gladly recommend this product. Worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 31 May 2015
Dortski (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
After carefull consideration on how to improve on my flatscreen's audio I have gotten this bar. I bought it without listening to it first, kind of a gamble with audio equipment if you ask me. But the price and previous experiences with Sony made me get it.
Bottom line, it does what it claims it does: improve your TV's audio. And I must say, movies and games sound a lot better now.
Mid to high tones come out fine. It takes a little getting used to how to change settings with combinations of flashing lights when pushing buttons. But the manual should get you going, it's not that difficult if you RTFM... I personally like the fact that when you hook the thing up using the optical cable, it adds to the TV's speakers and doesn't cut them off. You have the choice to listen to all your speakers or to just the bar. This gives you some more control over the endresult.
Low tones come from a passive subwoofer. This might be a thing as it doesn't produce as much bass as an active subwooder would. To my taste the amount of bass is just right, it doesn't dominate the signal and keeps the audio sounding crisp and natural but will still deliver some punch.

Extra features include bluetooth and NFC. Compared to the Bose soundlink mini, which is only just a little more expensive, the soundbar doesn't sound quite as good. If you're looking for something that sound's good with a mobile device, I'd say that there are some better alternatives. I think the bar sounds a little muffeled on bluetooth. And I personally don't see much use for NFC. Sure, it works. But when you have paired your phone and turn the bar on using the remote, it will connect automaticly. I don't know...

But it's a nice bar with more than decent sound and I don't think it's overpriced. I'm quite pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that I had to position the bar on the ..., 17 Sept. 2014
The mini sized zapper does not reach very far . Otherwise great for
music like the proms last week.

5.0 out of 5 stars the added sub woofer adding great base, enough to annoy next door, 21 Dec. 2014
I have given it five stars based on its advertised output of 60 watts , i cannot see the point given it less for not being 200 watts when it dos not pretend to be , for the money you get more than enough volume which is crisp and clear for a average room much improving your tv sound ,, the added sub woofer adding great base , enough to annoy next door . bluetooth was a breeze and works perfect with my ipod and windows phone , optical cable supplied not the longest but at least supplied . i have it in front of my tv about 6 inches from it and have no problem with tv remote sensor , it also looks different to all the other soundbars in a good way , received item in three days with supper saver . i use the optical cable supplied and the red and white audio cables not supplied to cover my blu ray and virgin box ,so to sum up do not expect a surround system but a quality sound bar you will get , hope this all helps

5.0 out of 5 stars TV sounds great!, 15 May 2015
Lauren Doughton (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My other half has been after a sound bar for the TV for ages now. I've always resisted as I felt that it was a waste of money. Our TV has perfectly good speakers and I've never really felt the need for anything else. However, after 5 mins of plugging this beastie in I'm eating my words! Suddenly my perfectly OK TV has been revealed as tinny and quiet. Through this bar the sound is much richer, and the bass much deeper. Programmes sound much better in quality, films more immersive, and music sounds fantastic through it. The extra bluetooth connectivity means we can now stream music to it from our ipods/ipads too. Really easy to set up and use (although we now have ANOTHER remote to add to our collection). I am a complete convert, and I doubt I'll be able to go back to built in TV speakers again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably soundbar for a reasonable price!, 3 Mar. 2015
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
*** Pros ***

- A great improvement on the standard speakers found in TV’s!
- Premium build quality
- Powerful sub-woofer
- Simple to use remote that can also control the TV too
- Supports Bluetooth, so you can connect your phone or tablet wirelessly to play music. Setting up Bluetooth was also nice and easy.
- Comes with an optical cable - no need to purchase one especially.

*** Cons ***

- Only 2.1 Surround Sound.
- If placed directly in-front of TV, then blocks the IR remote signal.
- Remote control is that small, it's easy to misplace down the side of the sofa!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought a Tv for Christmas. Knowing the sound ..., 25 Dec. 2014
Just bought a Tv for Christmas. Knowing the sound won't be at all that impressive, we opted for a sound bar to maximise film and mucks sound throughout our living room. After much debate, we picked this up from John Lewis at the same price, and what a piece of kit. Small but extremely powerful. Sound fills out the entire flat! No loss in sound, trebles and bass controls male it a lot easier to change quality with different music genres. If your thinking about it, stop. Just buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 3 Feb. 2015
I purchased this bar after reading almost exclusively positive reviews of it. Now I own it I can see why it has gone down so well. For the price it is an excellent solution to the problem of the poor speakers found on pretty much all flat panel tv's.
On unpacking it I was initially surprised about the bar's width, I have a forty inch screen and the bar is an inch or two wider at each end. It looks ok but I imagine could look odd if paired with a smaller screen on a stand. Of course the width helps with the breadth of the stereo/surround effect, and in any case if I had read the specs I would have known about its size! I used the included optic cable to link the system to my tv and it was very simple to set up.
The sound quality was instantly an obvious improvement on my tv's speakers, even with dialogue only scenes. The sub woofer really boosts the bass and adds depth to the sound during musical or action scenes, and I have found that the levels are more than enough for my average sized living room.
Although it obviously can't match a full 5.1 system I am also impressed with the surround mode of this model which does a good job of broadening the sound. The Bluetooth connectivity is also a welcome feature although I have had to disconnect and then reconnect a couple of times to fix a bad connection.
The bar misses a display to show volume, treble and bass levels but this seems like nitpicking as you can't expect all the bells and whistles for this price. My only real issue is that (like many other reviewers) I have to stand up to use my tv remote as the 8cm tall bar blocks the tv's IR sensor. However all in all I am very pleased with this purchase which has added a new lease of life to my home entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 April 2014
Absolutely amazing, so easy to set up with a Sony TV, Bluetooth is great can connect I phone and I pad easily and sound quality is perfect.