Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

Platform: Xbox One|Change

on 23 May 2014
The game is a little short but is immensely fun and offer loads of re-playability with different challenges to complete, not to mention besting your own time. cant wait for the sequel.
on 29 September 2015
The best way to look at this "game" is that it is not a full game, but that it is a level within a game. I was looking to pick this up as it's very cheap now, however in the end I decided to get Xbox Gold in August (cost me £20) and this game was a free download. Now first of all if I had paid any more than about £10 for this game alone then I would be highly annoyed, especially if you never realised how short it is. Now I have not checked all the reviews but I am guessing that most of the lower scores are centred around this. So yeah, the game is short, I took my time on my first play through and it took around 90 minutes. There is however more content as you can play the level with different objectives, but it's all within the same level/environment. Now normally I wouldn't play a game through multiple times (because my gaming time is limited) but with MGS I enjoyed playing through multiple times, as if you only play once then you are going to be missing out on lots of content within the game.So other than the above it's difficult to see many negatives with this game. It's a personal gripe of mine that for me, now a casual gamer, the story of MGS is over complex and unnecessary, but at least in this game we are not bombarded with unnecessarily long cut scenes.

The general gameplay mechanics are excellent and as ever with MGS there are various ways you can approach the game. Again you can shoot on site but this is not really what MGS is all about, if you sneak and take out enemies silently or just simply go unnoticed, then the game is much more rewarding. In this respect it's an excellent game and an excellent taster for what is to come with MGS5, which I am yet to play. As you can probably guess, I wasn't a big fan of MGS4 but enjoyed the earlier MGS games. I think the general gameplay in this game is excellent and the only downside is that it's short and is really just a taster for the full game.
on 20 August 2014
Never been a great fan of Metal Gear. But even thous this game is not that long it's a decent game. Excellent graphics. I have found it a Challenge. Took me a while to get used of the controllers for this game. I have played the main game and a couple of missions. More of a stealth game. Which is not normally my style. If you compare it to the call of duty and battle field it's more difficult. I will re play the missions to improve my level. If this is a taster of the full game coming out it should be worth buying even thous I am not a fan of this franchise.
on 20 April 2014
It should be no surprise if you've read anything about this game that the main mission is short. It took me 1 1/2 hours to complete on hard. However, what the game does well is addict you in coming back and replaying the main and side ops missions in trying to get a S rating on each one, as well as finding the collectables which are well hidden.

The game rewards patience and planning for the best results. However if you want to go in guns blazing you can have success here too, but don't expect a good score as this is still a stealth orientated game. There are so many different paths and approaches to play which helps replay-ability.

The gameplay itself is really fun from the movement of Big Boss to the clever AI enemies. On top of this the graphics are great.

If you are a Metal Gear Solid fan then this is a must for you. If you are a an action game fan I'd also recommend this too. I've easily put in over 10 hours and I'm not even 50% completed. Can't wait for the Phanton Pain now!
on 8 April 2014
Looking at the length of play i felt it was ok for £20 but only buy if you love Metal Gear (which face it most do).
on 4 August 2015
Played this for free on augusts games for gold and while the actual main mission only takes an hour once the credits end rolling you actually unlock bonus side missions and they are all really fun to play,im sure reading some reviews on here they have just completed the main mission and thought that was it.......er wrong!!! Yoy get to open 6 or 7 side missions which adds loads of variety on what this prologue to the main game the phantom pain will bring us,you can play the whole thing bar one side quest with stealth or you can go all guns blazing and if the heat builds up too much you can just hide away for a bit and let things calm down before you decide how you wish to continue,if the main metal gear 5 phantom pain is anything like this game looks and plays we are all in for a treat
on 8 January 2016
Firstly I hate ppl who come to review a game and state" fast delivery great service" don't care tell me wat u think of the game not how fast it got delivered. The fact it got delivered Is the least u shud expect. Anyway about the game I got this for free on xbox gold download and very glad I did, ONE mission ppl not a very long one either cud do it at 10 mins at a push. Good graphics but let's be honest £15 for 15 mins of game play. Not worth it. Shud always have been free. I have ordered the phatom pain so hopefully MGS will redeem itself.
on 7 October 2014
Overall a great re-introduction to the MGS universe with some serious caveats. The first thing is that the game is unbelieveably short. To gamers this is equivelant to roughly one level of a game, and will in all probability take you no more than an hour or two to complete. If you add in all the extras (VR training and aiddtional missions within the same sandbox level) it may give you 5-8 hours of play but without adding any new elements.
on 7 June 2014
It's a little misleading as it's only a taster for the main game coming later this year, but still pretty good
on 2 August 2014
No issues with the delivery etc. Just a crap game, a far cry from the MGS experience i was expecting