Published 14 months ago by Mr. T. Fern

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting a bigger game than this, considering ...
I was expecting a bigger game than this, considering its half the price of a full game, this is just a demo really, wait for it to go down in price £5-£10.
Published 10 months ago by WAYNE JOHNSON

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting a bigger game than this, considering ..., 14 July 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly short, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
Excellent gameplay but RIDICULOUSLY short. Can be speedrun in about 10 minutes...unbelievable. This isn't worth £23...it's a single level demo.

This is the kind of thing Konami used to release for free as a demo - MGS fans will remember the demos for MGS and MGS2, which actually had more gameplay than Ground Zeroes.

Avoid this unless you're an MGS fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, there's a lot more to this than you think..., 28 Mar. 2014
Mr. T. Fern "Frozen Reflection" (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
It took me 119 minutes to complete the campaign first time round and I got a grade C. In a first for me in 2 decades of gaming, I immediately played the campaign again, this time it took me 90 minutes and I got a grade B. I'm going to keep doing it until I get that elusive S rank - this will probably take a good few hours. MGSV is an excellent game and people really shouldn't get hung up on the main story being potentially very short (you can do it in about 15 minutes if you really thrash about) because the replay value is immense and there are a further 5 missions to complete once you have completed the main story - these can take about an hour if you are being methodical.

The graphics are amazing on the PS4 and the gameplay is fluid and a lot less frustrating than other MGS games, for the price this is a fantastic buy - it also comes with some bonus stuff for next year's Phantom Pain which is nice. Ignore the haters, this is an excellent addition and a real show of next gen power. You've kept us waiting Snake but it was definitely worth while.

2.0 out of 5 stars Way to short, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
It does give you an idea of what phantom pain will be like and I have to say it seems like it will be a good game when it comes out.
HOWEVER ground zero is way to short! I finished it in about 40mins maybe not even that. That's just the main mission. Side quests are the same. Kill this guy, save that guy and so on.
The map is ridiculously tiny. You could go from one end to another in about 5mins when sprinting. From what I played there are no vehicles. Not even a horse from what you see of phantom pain. That's probably because you could get from one point to another extremely quickly.... On foot.
It's not a complete failure. It shows us how phantom pain will run and with that I think it will be a great game. You are basically paying for an over priced DLC. And I paid over £20 for it so I was highly disappointed. Unless you can get this for under £10 wait for phantom pain and don't start off with this DLC.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's more complex than you think!, 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
The prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain definitely lived up to its hype. Think of MGSV: Ground Zeroes as the Tardis in Doctor Who, from the outside it can be beaten in a few hours and you can be done with it but on the inside it has a multitude of collectibles to be found, extra cassette tapes to be played to discover hidden dialogues and more to the story, awesome soundtrack (as all MGS titles tend to have), Sandbox fun that can be a good time kill for anyone who loves the freedom to approach missions in different ways such as stealth, all out guns blazing or even comically knocking out enemies in a jeep and driving them off a bridge after bailing out.

This game is definitely for those who want a slight taste of what MGS V: The Phantom Pain will have to offer while at the same time discovering some new story content and trying to ace every mission this prologue has to offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slicker than snot?, 23 Sept. 2014
G. Evans "Valaraukar" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
I'm really enjoying this game. It's the slickest looking game I have so far on the PS4. It's a sizeable demo, but still a demo, so I'm looking forward to the main game 'phantom pain'... The gamecon video demo of the full game looks good, so bring it on!

5.0 out of 5 stars short but worth playing before phantom pain release., 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
Although short, this game serves as a warm up to the phantom pain game mechanics. I have completed all the mgs games around a hundred times each and when playing this for the first time it takes a bit of getting used to. That being said, once u are comfortable with look distance of enemies and tactics to stay hidden you really do have so much freedom to play this however you want. Whether u want to stealth and take em all out silently or spot all enemies then go out all guns blazing. But without this game I am guessing going straight into playing the phantom pain upon its release u will be walking into a slaughter or an uncomfortable learning curve. It is a good demo level and a good variety of different missions to get u ready for what will most definitely be a top title for ps4.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Boss' next, but short, chapter, 5 May 2015
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
I love this series so much. I've grown up with the games.

MGSV is no exception to the excellence that Hideo Kojima so often displays with his games. They are nothing short of spectacular and will go down in history.

Ground Zeroes, I fear, will be known as the runt of the litter when it comes to metal gear games. It is a truly fantastic game that shows the series is still going strong, but it is incredibly short. A man on YouTube finished the main story in SIX minutes. It has around 6 missions, but this still doesn't merit the price of a full game.

For £15 I would say this is worth it, however. Ground Zeroes is but a taster of what's to come with The Phantom Pain, and it's a very good taste. Despite its length this is still a fantastic game

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not bad only because somesone told you so, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
A game that was "destroyed" by videos of people completing the main mission in a bunch of minutes, which appearently was enogh to say that this game was nothing but an overpriced demo.
I've played it for about 2 weeks, and didn't get even half of the stuff unlocked. The game map and every mission allows yuo to play as you prefer, so, to me at least, the replayability of the game was absolutely enormous.
Also, every fan will love all the extra contents that allow you to get more background stories about the characters from Peace Walker.
It's 4/5 because the control system isn't perfect and, yes, even with all this stuff, the launch price was still too high

4.0 out of 5 stars This game is amazing and really gets you pumped for The Phantom Pain ..., 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (Video Game)
This game is amazing and really gets you pumped for The Phantom Pain even though some people said it feels like a add on it is VERY challenging but fun to play the problem is I'm terrible at this game because you need to be quiet,sneaky and stealthy and not kill anyone to get S-Rank. I really recommend this game and for a current price of £15.99 it's a bargain lets hope it doesn't go up in price. I hope I've helped if you were wondering if you should buy it or not :) .

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) by Konami Digital Entertainment BV (PlayStation 4)