5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Having read medieval I , I eagerly awaited medieval II and I have not been disappointed , yet again a good story line and I couldn't put it down , my only disappointment now is I have to wait for the 3 rd installment . I would have no hesitation in recommending this book and indeed any of the other books kevin ashman has written.
Published 17 months ago by Jayne Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars In the shadow of kings
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but you need to read the first book before this one to understand the basis and origin of the saga. The story is well written is exiting and intriguing.
Published 7 months ago by trevor hole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Medieval II - In Shadows of Kings (The Medieval Sagas Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever and different, 27 Jun. 2014
Mr. C. J. Nicholls (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
An ingenious and exciting adventure, generally well-written. Mr Ashman has taken the trouble to minimize the errors which spoiled previous novels (though most reviewers didn't seem to notice them, or didn't want to mention them), and the spelling mistakes are few enough to not warrant the deduction of a star (though I can't not mention our old friend a 'hoard of infidels'!). There are still Unnecessary Capital Letters throughout, and he insists on using the royal honorific 'Sire' when he shouldn't, but I tried to ignore that, and let the story carry me along. I look forward to the third volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid tale., 6 May 2014
Meaty story well based in fact. Thoroughly satisfying fare from an author who knows how to spin a proper yarn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent read, 26 April 2014
A great follow up to the first Medieval book. Full of interesting story lines, familiar characters and who knew the Welsh were so 'influential' in the course of history!
Another great book from Kevin Ashman which allows you to relax unwind and 'escape' for a little while

4.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up, 14 April 2014
The. Storyline continues to retain maximum interest and keeps your guessing as to what will happen next right to the very end page.

5.0 out of 5 stars good story, 18 Jun. 2015
I found these books a good light read
More like ripping yarns...but still good to read.In fact I ended up reading the first two in the series and will read the next one.Although they are a little short for my total liking!

4.0 out of 5 stars As always superb, 23 May 2015
Did not enjoy this novel as much as the first in the series but it was still a good read. And what an interesting time it covers, fascinating!
Four stars for this novel, the first got Five stars

3.0 out of 5 stars In the shadow of kings, 17 Dec. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story well told pleasant easy read, 10 July 2015
J. atherton "jatherton" (Manchester,UK) - See all my reviews
need to read the series start to finish....but well worth it. Good story well told pleasant easy read. Will definetly move onto other serials this author has wrote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic by Kevin Ashman, 10 Feb. 2014
This book was a superb sequel to Medieval, Blood of the Cross. I loved the first book and the author continued his wonderful portrayal of the two main characters very well. His characters are real and as he takes you along their journey, you feel you know them well.
I'm an avid historical novel reader and Mr Ashman never disappoints.
I would recommend Mr Ashman to anyone looking for a new author.
I eagerly await Medieval III.