5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money
I will put aside my belief that companies selling devices for hundreds of pounds should include a basic cover/case and charger with the device, as that is a separate issue (and bugbear). Given that in most cases, you need to buy a case for your devices, I feel that this Amazon Basics neoprene sleeve is excellent value at just under £6.

I use the sleeve for my...
Published 10 months ago by PeeBee

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too big for a 15" macbook pro retina
Far too big to be a portable sleeve for a new 15" macbook pro. Has about 1inch space around the sides. When carrying, the laptop will slip around inside the sleeve. If you put your laptop in a backpack/etc you'll find yourself with far less space than usual due to the oversized sleeve.
Published 4 months ago by Jim Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 8 July 2014
PeeBee (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I use the sleeve for my Kindle HD 9"er, which is already shod with a case. The encased Kindle fits snugly in the sleeve with space for a pair of earbuds.

What I like best about the sleeve is that the neoprene is quite thick, has a chunky and strong-looking zipper and some webbing material on the sides for additional strength.

The sleeve protects your device from scratches (from keys for example) and minor knocks and drops. However, the sleeve will not protect your device from more violent abuse than that, so don't expect immortality for your device. I would recommend that you use the sleeve with a case on your device, such as Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Cover, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9").

There are cheaper options on auction sites, but they are not made to the same standards as this one. Basic, but very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Laptop Sleeve, 30 Nov. 2014
Although this is the first time that I have ever bought and used a Laptop Sleeve I opted for AmazonBasics due to my exceedingly positive experience with this line of products in the past and this is no exception.

The sleeve in no way feels cheap and has a simple design of pure black with a "Amazon Basics" logo left-hand corner; as I am sure you can see from the image. The sleeve feels quite thick and does not leave me feeling concerned when I shove it in my backpack after class with my laptop inside. I had been using my laptop unprotected previously and noticed it was taking a good amount of denting and scraping around the sides as it bashed into things in my backpack but this has since completely ceased when using this product. While I doubt it would provide complete impact protection it certainly does it's bit to reduce the occasional bump and bang.

Being black in colour it does tend to get slightly dirty (mostly fixable by a quick dust down) however, I am sure it would hold up being thrown in the washing machine on a low heat - washing instructions however, are not included on the tag inside the product.

Overall, this does exactly what a foam laptop/ tablet sleeve should do. It protects from scratches and scrapes as well as providing a cushion for bumps and bangs. All while being inexpensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection for transporting tablets, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics 8-Inch Black Sleeve for iPad Mini / Samsung Galaxy Tablet (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this case because it is simple to use, feels sturdy and reliable and does what it is meant to. It isn't the most attractive, a soft black case with a single zip around the top, but protects a lot more thoroughly than most other styles of case can do.

The inside is soft with a smoother fabric on the exterior and it has a good level of padding without making it too bulky to carry around with you.

Personally, this case is ideal for me for when I need to take my device out with me for longer distances, on daytrips or when I go on holidays. It keeps it well protected within my rucksack or bag and stops other items in my bag rubbing against it and possibly causing scratches.

I do have a wraparound style case too, which I use day to day, but I use this new case for when I am storing my device somewhere as it offers better protection from accidental drops or even light spills. It does not fit in this within its wraparound case unfortunately and that is one of the only real downsides I see, as once you remove it from the padded case it no longer has any protection unless you put on a solid or wraparound case whilst using. This is obviously fine for laptops and so on, but isn't something I feel particularly comfortable with when carrying around my tablet.

I do love the protection this offers when you have to transport your device though, so will continue to use it, and do recommend buying at such a good price, for what feels a decent quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Storage for your Shiny Treasure, 13 Aug. 2014
Jonathan "deadmarlowe" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You have a style dilemma with darling Kindles, Nexuses and the like. They are lovely, sleek and beautiful, but they break easily. If you put them in padded sleeves which will keep them safe, you turn them into bulky objects the size of regular books. So, here's an option: a soft padded sleeve to keep your treasure safe, but when you take it out to use, it's slim and pristine and shiny.

Now, personally, I'm too nervous of dropping mine once I take it out really to enjoy this option, but if you're less clumsy than me or have a higher anxiety threshold, this might be for you.

The foam is dense but light and the overall bulk of it not too great: it fits in a generous jacket pocket. The well-positioned zip won't scratch your machine. It's in an austere black with Amazon's little logo peeping out, which counts as a high status brand in some circles. If dropped, it bounces gently. I've tried this, because I'm clumsy.

It's cheap for the sort of thing it is, so if you feel more comfortable with a book-style binding, you've not parted with too much lucre. But if I want to show of my shiny tech (say, on long train journeys where my poor motor control probably won't subject my tablet to too much injury), then this makes a great travelling pouch.

So ask yourself this: "Am I likely to drop my tablet/kindle in the act of removing it from the sleeve?"

If the answer is, "Frankly, yes!" then you might look elsewhere.

If you think, "No way, I've got a sky-high Dexterity!" then this is for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too big for a 15" macbook pro retina, 28 Dec. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars 8-inch sleeve is too small for iPad-mini, 9 Jan. 2015
Steven Clanfield (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The 8-Inch sleeve is described as being for iPad-mini but it is too small and the zip will not close fully around the final corner without risk of scratching the iPad. Amazon were excellent to provide a refund straight away, but it is disappointing to encounter such an obvious problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Size fit for Macbook Pro 15" (2014), 22 Dec. 2014
Don't understand why you say that this fits a MacBook Pro Retina 15". I bought one of this for a macbook pro Retina (2014) and the 15" are to big for the laptop. The sleeve needs to be smaller for an Macbook Pro Retina 15" (2014).

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, shame it doesn't fit Linx 8 tablets, 29 Dec. 2014
Sadly this does not fit a Linx 8" tablet. It is a nice case and would suit most likely many 8 inch devices however it is rather dependent on the actual tablet body. The Linx 8 has a thin bezel on the sides but top and bottom are slightly larger which still fits in this case but due to it's slightly square nature, it does not fit in line with the zip. Hope this helps others if purchasing for the same device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be improved, but well worth the money, 28 Jan. 2015
It looks and feel just fine. It only gets 4 stars because I would have liked it to have two extra things: a small pouch for accessories (a charging cable, headphones, that sort of things) and a lanyard of some sort. Other than that, it does what it's supposed to be doing, the material is thick and soft, so it protects your tablet. The build quality is actually faultless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 6 Dec. 2014
Kevin Mcfarlane (Chorley, Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
Good value for money. Bought this to go with an Asus MeMO 7 tablet with rubber case. If you are going to buy it as an outer case to go over a 'skin' type case, make sure you big a larger size, as the one I purchased (the 8") only just fits. Another reviewer complained that the label on the case made it look cheap, I think it looks okay - matter of taste, I suppose.