Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.18

on 23 February 2014
...to the quality of the others.

The fact that this review maintains four stars despite being significantly worse than the previous two books does make a mark of the quality of the author.

In my view this book could both use a little more action and a little less presumption - the crew (who, while having some enjoyable quirkiness, don't quite have the lovable nature/humour of before) seem to have the solutions to their problems just appear before them, in measures approaching dei ex machinae.

Despite this, it remains a worthwhile read, and I look forward to the next book, where hopefully Macdonald will return to the previously seen quality.
on 31 March 2014
Liked this book. Not a show stopper if you want gore and sex, no romance (although the writer has left room for that in future books) and the no battles so the story just nice to read.
on 5 March 2014
I have read all the other books in the series and I liked the change in pace. Most other space military books deal with battles and conflict with no reference to the people. This book gives a view on how political views affect the general population, but it also gives the reader a hint as to why this happened.

The book seems to meander from the initial book's premise of bring "irregulars" together and trying to bond them. They can't all be good characters, some must be bad.

Apart from that, a good read and will continue to buy the series.
on 12 November 2015
I just finished this book and I absolutely loved it. The characters are fun and interesting. While I was sitting and reading, my husband walked through and asked why I was smiling. I told him my book was good! It is a good change of pace to read a book in this genre that isn't all about space battles. I am just starting the next book in the series and hope it is as entertaining as this book (and the previous books in the series) have been. Well done to the author and I look forward to more!!
on 24 June 2014
Certainly this series is not space opera - it's far more centered around the people and situations encountered. My only complaint (and it is very minor) is that all politicians and paparazzi are shown to be little more than parasites (which is probably true but this is a book, not real life). On the whole though, thoroughly looking forward to more in the series.
on 11 April 2014
This is the third book in the Fourth Fleet Irregulars series, and I don't say this lightly when I saw it's even better than the other two books, both of which I rated 5/5.

It's longer than the other two, and visits many more areas in the universe than the other books. I really enjoyed it, and if you've enjoyed the other two books, this is a must buy
on 8 March 2014
This is the third book in the series and unlike some others I have read this one keeps getting better. Its not often I read a book that I have trouble putting down, congratulations to the author for producing a thoroughly enjoyable story. I just hope that I am not going to have to wait too long for the next installment.
on 10 September 2014
This is the second time I have read this book because the first time I did not know it was a series of three. I found the series very refreshing in the novel way humanity had developed and space its self was limited by beings of far greater age.
on 8 May 2014
more used to finding warring scenarios in this style of scifi. Found the three very enjoyable with some interesting comments on how humans might react to alien contact and vice versus
on 16 April 2014
Enjoyed the series, lots of fun, humour is in just the right spots.

I know (reading how it ends) there will be more books, this people, is a good thing in my opinion :D