5.0 out of 5 stars Used for my PS3 Slim
I don't usually write reviews so i'll keep it short.

I put this into my ps3 slim maybe a month or so ago now and so far it seems a lot quicker and quieter than the existing drive.
If you are looking to buy a new drive for your ps3 slim i woud definately recommend this!
It's quick and easy to install

All you need to do before you remove your...
Published on 1 Jun 2012 by Marcus

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashed and couldnt recover files
Hard drive failed after 2 months of very occasional use in laptop, saving photos etc. When installed in my desktop the drive cannot even be detected to attempt to recover the files. Very poor quality product. Manufactured by seagte (sold as Samsung) with whom I had a similar experience with an external HD. Had I realised this was actually a seagate HD I would not have...
Published 14 months ago by paul eyres

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for my PS3 Slim, 1 Jun 2012
I don't usually write reviews so i'll keep it short.

It's quick and easy to install

All you need to do before you remove your old drive is use the backup utility on your ps3 and back everything up to some form of external media (i used my 120gig ipod classic)and then make sure you sync all of your trophies before you remove the drive (you need to sync the trophies because the back-up utility does not do this).

Once everything is backed up you need to download the latest ps3 firmware, which can be found on their website, i then created the folder PS3 then another inside that called UPDATE (case sensitive for both) and make sure the file you download goes into this update folder. I put the PS3 folder with its contents onto my backup media as well(if you have space).

All you then need to do is pop the old drive out, put the new one in (very very simple, just slots in), plug the controller into your ps3 with the cable and also plug in your backup media, then turn it on, the ps3 will look for the update file and install all the relevant software, you can then use the backup utility (or something like that) to restore your old settings and files (games etc) all thats left once that is done is to re-sync the trophies back to your ps3.

Sit back and enjoy. The whole process took a long time for me (only the backup and restoring of the backup) so i'd do it when you've got other things to get on with.

Anyway the drive works great, i've put all my games on there as well as all my music and i still have around 700 gig left!
No problems to date!

Definately recommend this if you are wanting to upgrade your ps3 drive!

I guess i wrote more than i thought, i hope someone finds this useful.

If you need a better description of the process there are plenty of guides to be found on google or youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in 2011 13" MacBook Pro Optical Bay drive, 12 Oct 2011
I have just installed this into my 13" MacBook Pro 2011 optical bay drive, I have already got a 120Gb solid state drive in my hard drive bay and needed more storage so decided to take a chance on this fitting and it does perfectly! No compatibility issues and reasonably easy to fit in the optical bay with the appropriate caddy. I thought I best put this on here as it might help others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a PS4 upgrade., 3 Dec 2013
I bought this ready for the PS4 as I wasn't happy with the 500GB drive you get as standard. It fits like a glove, runs smooth and quiet and the PS4 took it like they were meant to be together. If you want an upgrade for your Ps4 or indeed the PS3 get this.

Speeds seem fast, I have downloaded and installed games of 20GB plus and it took no time at all.

Not much more to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars truly impressive, 18 Jan 2012
what a great hard drive, very quiet, very fast and tons of capacity, very very simple to install on my macbook pro and this alongside the 8GB RAM upgrade has given me a new machine...a tip if you upgrading a mac hard drive buy this and then download Carbon Copy Cloner...simples

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 1tb used for PS3, 23 Aug 2012
I bought this to upgrade the 320gb hdd in my PS3 as i had run out of space the process of replacing the hdd was fast and easy and the Samsung 1tb hdd has been in use for over a month with no problems whatsoever its silent and i now have plenty of space would highly recomend this hdd for anyone looking to upgrade or replace there hdd. Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars This is PS3 Compatible, 8 Mar 2012
I bought this as an replacement hard drive for my 80G PS3. This is a 2.5 inch Sata drive so I was brave enough to buy it although I had some hesitations since it doesn't say it is PS3 compatible. The hard drive came well packed (anti static bag in bubble wrap taped into a card board box) and on time.

I did the upgrading using instructions found on the internet.

I happened to have a Buffalo external HDD formatted in fat32 and it was very easy to make a back up with my ps3. The HDD doesn't need to be empty, mine had some jpg pictures etc. but had plenty of room for the back up. I also copied the system software file from Playstations home page to that same HDD.

Although instructions say you have to have a small screw driver I used a normal x-shaped one with a firm rubber handle and sharp tip to open the first screw and one with a flatter tip for second ones. It was easy and I didn't have to use force at all. Not that I have any, being a woman.

You don't have to reconfigure wlan network or anything although the ps3 asks you to. I just passed that phase and went straight to restoring back up. That restored all the configurations too.

You might want to consider throwing an anti static wrist strap into your order. Just to be on the safe side. I didn't have any, just touched some metal before starting the process, but felt a bit nervous since static electricity can break a hard drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1TB PS3 Disc Upgrade, 28 Sep 2011
I use the PS3 more for Photos, Videos and Music, than games, and had run out of disc. Went for this one as it claims PS3 compatibility! Arrived perfectly packed. In the box, only the bubble wrapped disc, sealed in an anti static bag, with a small Samsung generic installation leaflet. I researched instructions for changing the PS3 disc on the web by googling, and there are videos on Utube etc. I have the older, big shiny black PS3, not the newer matt slimline. However, when I got the PS3 onto a table, ready to exchange the discs, I saw at once that the access panel was not as described in the instructions. The disc mounting arrangement also proved different, and although by using common sense, I was able to mount the new disc successfully(being VERY careful not to touch the electronics), when I switched it on the PS3 responded in a totally different way to that described in the instructions gleaned from the web. I don't fully understand, but there appear to be three types of PS3 - the old big black shiny one, the latest matt slimline one, and mine which looks like the first, but is significantly different in construction etc.

Once I first fired up the new disc, the PS3 output a message to the TV saying the disc needed formatting, and the latest System Software needed to be supplied either on disc, or on a USB port (e.g. memory stick). What you do if you have a system like mine, is go to the PS3 web site, and download the latest System Software Update (yes, Update). Take your clean disc or memory stick and write onto it a folder called PS3. In this folder open another folder called UPDATE (all caps sensitive). Copy the Update download file into the UPDATE folder.

Now insert the disc/memory stick in the PS3, still displaying the instructions as above, and press the Select and Start buttons on the PS3 controller simultaneously. Follow the instructions and the new disc will be formatted as required, the System Software installed, and you will be rewarded eventually with the familiar sight of the PS3 Menu Screen. All your settings will have been lost, but these will be restored by the Back Up Utility which you should have used on your old disc before any of the above commenced. This Utility also restores all games you had on your old disc, which surprised me...I was expecting to have to download them again.

The new 1TB disc is quiet and seems a bit faster than the old one. And I have 750Gb of free space! Recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS4 hard drive, 17 Dec 2013
Perfect drive for increasing the capacity of your PS4 hard drive to 1tb. Very easy to do and works perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for PS3 12GB - but not straight away, 28 Nov 2012
Mrs. Tracy Stanton "Tracy Stanton" (St Ives, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this to upgrade the PS3 12GB Super Slim to a (more than) reasonable size.

The new PS3 12GB at about 150 is a bargain, but it does lack some space for 2012 living. However, fortunately it is designed to be easily upgraded by the owner. Although the PS3 recognised the drive right away, it couldn't format it correctly and load the system software. The solution was to go into the PS3 safe mode (Google how to do this) and then select Option 1a. After that it was fine and the measly 12GB is now a whacking 831GB available space. Note that you will need a caddy to put the drive into to keep it safe and secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Thumbs Up!, 29 Feb 2012
This internal hard drive was a gift from me to a UK friend that had been tons of help to me with my own computer. This wonderful person is top-of-the-line in knowing everything there is to know about computers, their workings, how to fix them, and what they should do when all is said and done, so I got in touch with him and asked how this new hard drive was doing for him and also told him I was going to review it for Amazon. Here are his own words: "HDD is perfect, works superb in a laptop, also i fitted it to a pc , and it works better than any older drives ive fitted to the tower. keeps cool, works well, copies files from 34-->95mbps, so all in all a big thumbs up."
So there you go, a happy customer and a happily running computer. Can't do better than that. Happy endings are always the goal, so this is a highly recommended product. Thank you Amazon and thank you Samsung.