4.0 out of 5 stars Great bed, shame about the delivery service.
Published 3 months ago by JK

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much trouble !
This was okay once assembled, but took forever to put together, not for the faint hearted, and I don't really think it was worth the effort, so many bits, never, ever seen anything like it, Took my husband, who is pretty good at this stuff, over 11 hours to assemble it, and although looks good, I really don't think the effort involved was worth how much it cost !!
Published 5 months ago by Steph

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much trouble !, 10 July 2014
This review is from: EMILI White Loft Mid Sleeper Cabin Bed with Hideaway Computer Desk and Storage Cupboard for Kids Rooms

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bed, shame about the delivery service., 3 Sep 2014
We bought this bed for my 9 year old son who is moving into a room of his own having shared with his brother for years. I was a bit bothered when I first placed the order that we were given such a broad delivery window (5 days). This meant I knew I'd have to be flexible about being around to receive the delivery. On the evening of the first day of the window though I got an email saying it would arrive the following PM. Sure enough the following afternoon (a Friday) we received a delivery, however it was only the bed slats and nothing else, the driver didn't have anything else for us. To cut a long story short we eventually got the rest of the bed on the following Saturday! Way past the stated delivery window. The delivery company strung us along promising delivery each day, then not showing up - most annoying as each day I had arranged for either my husband or myself to switch around our working hours so one of us would be home to receive it. To be fair the seller was apologetic and helpful and did refund us the cost of delivery.

My son loves the bed. It's exactly as pictured and is great because his room is fairly small and there just isn't the space for him to have a stand alone desk in there. It did take quite a while to put together, maybe 7 hours for all the three separate pieces - it would have been quicker if my electric screwdriver was working - but it didn't seem any more complicated than other flat pack furniture I've assembled. I did have a bit of a problem with the cupboard as the grooves to hold the back piece were slightly out of alignment, but I couldn't face sending it back and waiting for another delivery so I just cut the corners off the back piece with a Stanley knife which worked and is not visible. The seller gave us a small discount because of this problem.

The four stars are for the bed and the fact that the seller acknowledged the poor delivery service and refunded/discounted because of it. If I was rating the delivery service on it's own it would get one star.