5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published 15 months ago by S. Lacey

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointed
I cant say more than what the synopsis says so ill just describe what I thought about the story.

Published 9 months ago by mari

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)

The characters were good and fully formed but I felt the author tried to make seth too witty and and therefore he didn't have much of a serious side. Throughout most of the story it was just aluded to where thay were going to find the origin of the cyborgs and not how they were going to do it and you didnt really get much action until near the end of the story. There was a lot of back story about how they previously met and became cyborgs which I found boring, I would have liked more story about the present time instead.
Overall I was disapointed with this story even though there were quite a few funny quips, maybe it was because of the role reversal the female was the grumpy one and the male was the fun one. I didnt feel much chemistry between the characters either, maybe its just me because other reviewers seem to have enjoyed the story. Ive read all of this series and ive enjoyed some more than others but I just couldnt get into this story, my mind kept wandering while I was reading and I like to be sucked into the story and I wasnt with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving Seth, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
Seth is the fifth book in Ms Langlais Cyborg More Than Machines series and has been eagerly anticipated by fans .The character Seth has been waiting and teasing in the wings and now finally he gets to step up and take centre stage in his own book . This story sees us learning more about the uber smooth Seth and also delving a little deeper into the true origins of the Cyborgs.
Seth had been trained to be a cybernetic spy and able to infiltrate any given target. He had been partnered up with Anastasia the only woman he has ever loved but her discovery of him in suspicious circumstances ruined whatever chance of happiness they had. Now years later Seth fights alongside his fellow escaped Cyborgs to defeat the evil "Company " but unexpectedly Anastasia reappears back in his life and she needs his help. Seth may have lost her before but this time he's determined to hang on to his woman. Let no man or machine come between them!
This book was a new departure in this series as we are finally getting answers! It's been a long time coming and I'm positive that Ms Langlais regular readers will be overjoyed. It's an intriguing concept that these books cover where by humans have been altered at a base level and spliced with nano technology and machinery in order to create the perfect soldier . The fact that their creators have turned on them and now seem bent on destroying the Cyborgs lends itself to many adventures but for this reader this particular book took a new direction.
I'm used to action and romance from this series but an awful lot of this story was told as flashbacks. Now don't get me wrong I've nothing against that but I just felt that I would have liked a little more actual plot in the here and now. It was wonderful to read about Seth and Anastasia's relationship but it made the real time story seem a little rushed. As for the romance well Seth is so sexy and such fun to read about but I did kind of feel that there wasn't an awful lot of sexy time if you get my drift. Anastasia is one lucky Cyborg and her wit and perseverance make her a good match for Seth.
This author writes with such a playful voice. Her characters (Seth in particular) are written with such humour that it's virtually impossible to read this book without smiling . This is definitely a sexy sci fi series and captures the imagination and with this instalment we see why characters have developed as they have. It's setting up for the next book and obviously I will be reading it but this wasn't my favourite in the series. Whilst it's fabulous to get background information I also wanted a plot to make my heart beat faster and I felt the action and adventure was a little lacking in this book. No cliffhanger but a hint of what's to come and easily read as a standalone although I would always suggest reading in order. Did I have fun with Seth? O yes! Seth is a joy to read about and he can come home with me anytime !
A fabulous four and a half from me

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Mar. 2014
S. Lacey (Annalong) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely adore this series and loved this book! Finally Seth got his book and it was well worth waiting for as we learn a little more about the beginnings of the Cyborg project though we still don't know who's behind it or how the technology came to be. We are a step closer to knowing giving the events in the this and Aramus's book as the events in them both were paralleling each other up to when Seth is found in the pod by his fellow Cyborgs!
I loved all the fighting and bantering between Seth and Anastasia! They were hilarious together and so good together as they feed of each other and are a strong team.
I can't wait for the next book given the end paragraph and the plan that was developed at the end of the book as I have a suspicion as to who is next to get a book and a suspicion that the Cyborgs are getting a lot closer to finding the answers they're looking for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brill, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
I was going to skip this book to read Adams book. I am so glad I read it as this was the best to date. I rarely leave feedback but this deserved it. So easy to get into. Great story line can't. Wait for the next two books Adam and one at the end of March already ordered well done eve keep writing and I will buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Excellent read

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
Really good book liked Seth and Anastasia good humour between them good story from start to finish devil worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars Seth Review, 2 April 2014
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
This futuristic and romantic tale is a thrilling read full of action and suspense. Seth’s mission is to blend in with the humans, save the cyborgs and seduce the only woman he ever loved all without getting killed. Anastasia recruited Seth to help her on a top secret mission, but even with all her upgraded parts the scientist couldn’t cure her of her biggest weakness: jealously. Will she be able to overcome it and recognize the truth or will she let the military continue manipulate her for the own purposes?

This fast paced plot keeps the adrenalin pumping with lots of suspense, action, drama, romance and snarky dialogue and humor. The author brings this futuristic story to life with vivid images and details that capture the imagination and make the reader feel as if they are part of the story. The strong compelling characters grab the reader’s attention from the very beginning and draw them deeper into the story.

The chemistry between Anastasia and Seth have sparks flying from every page, not only with some red hot sex scenes but from their tempestuous relationship full of sarcastic and humorous arguments that cause quite a few chuckles. The author shares the emotions and personalities of the characters with such vibrant intensity that the reader feels as if they really know the characters and can relate to them.

The tension builds with delicious temptation throughout the story as the couple tries to complete their mission and surprising truths are discovered that adds a lot of intriguing possibilities to the series.

The author has created a mesmerizing futuristic science fiction fantasy romance with captivating characters and a fascinating story line that has so much potential for adventure and romance. I was thoroughly caught up in this book from beginning to the very last word and I can’t wait to read the next one, especially after that teasing epilogue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
I am enjoying this series , good characters and good storyline . Bring on this next book I need to know if they find the original source or not .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
I love Eve Langlais and I love the Cyborg series.
This was the book that all Cyborg lovers have been waiting for, and Eve didn't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyborg James bond!, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Seth (Cyborgs: More Than Machines Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
Seth is the Cyborg with the most human like sense of humour who annoys the heck out of his Cyborg buddies. However, under all that quirky sense of humour is a man who loved and lost his true love. Well she came back and needs his help, he was definatley not going to miss the chance of getting back together with her! This story actually also tells the beginning of Cyborgs with the trips back into Seth's and Anastasia's past and how their love story started. Another winner and with some fantastic hints at what is coming next, it made me laugh out loud at the witty text and entertaining story line.