5.0 out of 5 stars Wow just wow
This book is not like Arianne's Pearl books. If you are looking for love and romance, this is not it, it is so much more.

Published 12 months ago by Angela

Published 4 months ago by Jem

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow just wow, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)

This book is about unconditional love, about fighting for what is yours no matter what the cost. I had an idea of what the story was about and i found it disturbing because how much do you know a person?(trying not to giving too much away).

Loved how the story is wrote from three different pov's. I loved Grace and reading from her pov was refreshing. I wanted to bash Sylvia and Tommy's heads together to be honest but not every relationship smooth sailing. I kind of guessed some things that happened, but it did not spoil the story for me, if anything it made me want to read more and more. I did found it a bit slow in the beginning but don't let that put you off, because it makes up for it.

Arianne Richmonde is a very talented writer, this book is so well written as is all of Arianne's books.

I will recommend this book to friends and family and i think you all should read it too.

Angela E

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
Another winner for Ms Richmonde, following the success of her Pearl series. Although I must say, this book is nothing like Pearl!!

This is a thriller and it certainly put me on the edge of my seat. The triple POV worked well, unusual but definitely worthwhile. I love the way Ms Richmond writes her characters so that I totally "get" them. At times, I wanted to punch Tommy right in the face!!

Well edited as per usual, no repetitive writing, great cover, flowed nicely...all in all a very well presented book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
Arianne Richmonde had me holding my breath most of the way through this book.

If you are looking for a book to grip all your emotions and make you feel like it is you the reader who is going through this, then I would highly recommend you read this!

It starts with a family who have up rooted from the high life of New York city to the quiet country life in Wyoming. Sylvia and Tommy's marriage is on the rocks and he is fighting to win back the trust of his wife. Unfortunately not much work being where they live he is having to travel to LA for an interview leaving his wife and young daughter Grace at home.

While Tommy is in LA Sylvia's friend Ruth who she met through a friend of a friend was coming to stay and keep her company. After a devastating phone call Sylvia needs to get to her father and quick with only 1 seat left on the plane and Tommy not able to be home till that morning they agree to let Ruth watch over Grace until he gets back, little do they realise this is going to be the worst decision of their life.

This is where I started holding my breath and forgot to let it back out Sylvia's trusted friend takes Grace and goes on the run with her. Throughout this book you are full of emotions be it the hatred for Ruth or the feelings of sadness and despair for Tommy and Sylvia but always having that bit of hope that they will all be reunited as a family.

I will not say anymore as I do not want to ruin it for you the reader. All I will say is make sure you have a box of tissues at the ready. Arianne Richmonde shows us by this book there is nothing she can not put her hand to. Absolutely brilliant story from start to finish.

1.0 out of 5 stars your head is swimming terrible scenarios of what is happening to her as each ..., 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
I do seem to be in the minority on this one! Another reviewer, K. Law, has said that the internal dialogue of five year old Grace just didn't feel realistic. I think that hardly anything about the story line or the characters seemed realistic. I ended up skipping the last third of the book because I didn't feel drawn in at all. As an example, your 5 year old daughter has been abducted, you haven't a clue where she is, your head is swimming with terrible scenarios of what is happening to her as each second goes by...are you really going to find yourself wondering about the lives of 2 people you've never met (and have only just found out about) and what they were like over 30 years ago and supposing that " they'd suffered the racial segregation left over from the discriminatory housing policies"...??

5.0 out of 5 stars AN INTENSELY CAPTIVATING READ, 1 May 2014
STOLEN GRACE

FIVE STARS

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall for Kindle Friends Forever

I'm abso-friggin'-lutley gob-smacked! This book was gifted to me by my collaborator on KKF and I can't thank her enough! This unconventional love story is not only thought-provoking but also so angst-ridden that at times, my nerves were on edge!

Sylvia and Tommy adopt. Their beautiful little girl who was originally from Kashmir, is old and wise beyond her years. I fell in love with her sissy back-chat and observations; her profound trust and capability of reading her parents moods, her linguistic mannerisms. Sylvia and Tommy's marriage is in a rut! The communication lacking between them made me want to shout out aloud. "Speak to each other for God's sake!" They don't, so things go from bad to worse. Their dreams of building a life in rural Wyoming isn't what they envisaged and they both have trouble adapting from their previous life in New York, where they both meet and had well-paid jobs. Now they can't make ends meet and to top the lot, Sylvia becomes more and more suspicious of Tommy's secretive ways. He in turn, can't fathom out why the love of his life is treating him with the cold shoulder and giving him the silent treatment.

Dreadful circumstances snowball at such a fast pace that it leaves the reader aghast. He takes a supposedly important trip to LA and although Sylvia doesn't know Ruth personally because she started their relationship on Facebook, she thinks it's a good idea that she's coming to stay while he's away. The minute Ruth walks through their threshold, one gets the feeling she isn't who she has made herself out to be. I wanted to strangle Sylvia for trusting this devious woman. What happens from here on, is without a doubt, the crux of the story.

A domino effect leads from one crisis to another causing their very existence to be shredded apart, and the one thing that's keeping their rocky marriage together has been stolen. Disappeared into thin air!

This unorthodox story brings up delicate issues such as abduction, race and religion, and is treated with the utmost discretion. The author's protagonists' merciful love is described splendidly. Their love for their daughter, the fight they put up under unknown conditions to regain what is theirs will take you on an emotionally rocky ride.

What can I say to Ms Richmonde? You have written one hell of a raw page-turner! Your impeccable writing, your characters' personalities, everything about this book was faultless. Bravo!

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought 15 books or so to read over the ..., 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
I bought 15 books or so to read over the Summer on my Kindle and this was the only one that I passed on after reading the first few chapters. The writing didn't grab me and I had no feelings either way for the characters. Perhaps if one were to read on it would get into it's stride but for me, it was a mediocre beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent, gripping story well written

5.0 out of 5 stars I was glued to the chair whilst reading this, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
A couple who adopted a little girl, not of their race, skin colour, who see at the beginning even friends and family doubting it would work, mixed race.
Grace, the five year old daughter is totally loved/adored by both parents.

We learn later that all isn't sitting well within this marriage. At times I wanted to shake Tommy to wake up to what he may loose, then I wanted to shout at his wife for reading far too much into different things that happen in this book.

Grace is kidnapped, but things aren't as straight forward as they seem.

Now, no more spoilers, just to say that over the course of a couple of days this book has thoroughly gripped my attention. I finished the last couple of pages sat outside in my garden.

As a Mom, I can't even imagine what its like to have your child taken from you, knowing Grace was out there.....somewhere.
It was an emotional ride.
This book was told from several viewpoints including their daughter Grace. I think the best chapters were the ones through Graces eyes. It was touching, innocent and very cleverly done by this author.

Thank you to Mighty Publications via Net Galley for the complimentary book for me to read and review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !!!!!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky to be gifted this book by the author.
This is an amazing love story like no other I have read, Its told in 3 POV and takes us through life at its highest to life at its lowest
A marriage on the rocks.
Their little daughter caught in between.
And a woman who will stop at nothing
I could not put this book down.......
It is very different to other Arianne Richmonde books that I have read but I loved this story........

4.0 out of 5 stars Intense, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two) (Kindle Edition)
This is a very intense story by Arianne and completely different to what we usually expect from our illustrious author. Exceptionally well written as you would expect, it follows the story of a family whose life is about to be torn apart.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Stolen Grace: A Novel (Parts One and Two)