on 8 April 2014
Our Sky feed comes in one side of the room, the television is at the other, so we have always used a long coaxial cable to connect to the Sky+ box. The new SkyHD box does not have an RF (normal aerial) outlet, so we had to buy this to plug into one of the other sockets, then the coaxial cable into that. Did not work at first as the IO output channel was not 'ON".

It took a bit of fiddling with the controller, but the instructions are under Tuning your second TV - 'Alternatively change the Sky STB output channel....' and easy enough to follow. As long as you can connect the box to the TV with another type of cable!
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2014
Purchased this item so that my wife can watch Sky News in the Kitchen. The Sky Box we managed to obtain didn't have an RF Out but this little gizmo does the job perfectly. Comes with instructions that, although I didn't need, would enable a child to connect it up. Very Impressed.
on 6 April 2014
Sky fitted the dish (3/4/14) and supplied the new wifi hd+ box. However they have removed the RF out socket so people will get multi room. This little gadget cures that and works well. Just make sure you read instructions as Sky have the RF socket turned off in the hidden menu. Also try different channels through the hidden sky menu as some do not have sound. I used channel 21. Great product. KR
on 19 June 2016
Have used a Global iO link for a couple of years on my upstairs tv from my Sky 2tb box: The picture had been grainy with a considerable amount of ghosting. I just assumed it was the long length of cable from downstairs causing the poor quality.
I decided to try this Sky4less one just in case it was faulty and I'm glad I did.
Picture quality is now nearly as good as the tv downstairs and the magic eye works perfectly.
For just over £6 it's a bargain considering I paid over £20 for the Global one when it first came out.
on 2 June 2016
Excellent item & a great price. The hard drive in our Sky+ HD box got fried, and we purchased a brand new one from a great seller (in another place), but my wife was not pleased that she couldn't watch in bed, as it had no RF outlet, as is standard on all the new boxes, so bought this item. Installation was a doddle, and the feed to the other TV is now actually better than with the old box. Would have no hesitation in buying from this seller again, as the service was first class, Original due date was well after the new Sky+ box was due to arrive, but in the end, it beat the box to my door. Great service, thank you.
on 29 May 2014
I was told after I ordered this that these cheap solutions to the lack of an RF outlet on an older sky HD box "just don't work". Wrong. It worked, perfectly. Four TV,s in the house now work with the magic eye no problem.
on 27 April 2014
Sky4Less thank you for quick delivery, installed IO-Link to HD box down stairs, had already setup IO port power when HD Box was installed, tested TV upstairs had no need to set channel already set, had to change picture on RF2 from 4:3 to 16:9 all done now enjoy watching recorded program's in bed.
on 29 April 2016
Work great from sky HD box in living room to my bedroom. With sky magic eye.. Very easy setup and it make me relqax in bed plus save pennies than get multiroom card that cost extra at 11.25 so one card and one box with rf2 output to magic eye save a lots.. Great stuff
on 27 January 2016
I had to buy this for my Sky+ HD box to work in conjunction with my Sky magic eye. I bought this for a very simple solution, being that my Sky box is in a TV cabinet where infrared light doesn't pass through the glass, now the magic eye sits on top of the cabinet and I don't have to leave the door open to control Sky.

Once everything is plugged in, just make sure you have turned on the power to the IO output using the sky menu and everything should be fine.

My TV used to switch on automatically from stand-by when I switched the Sky box on, one thing I did notice is that this no longer happens when the IO-Link is plugged into the socket. No biggy though
on 11 May 2014
I upgraded to sky HD And could no longer watch my TV upstairs as it ran off the old sky box. With this io-link I can now watch my TV upstairs again.

Great product very cheap quick delivery.