4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, clear and helpful
Firstly, phew, doesn't look like I am a hoarder. If I'm honest this was why I bought the book, I do have a lot of old junk in my house. However, having read this I'm pretty certain I'm okay.
Published 6 months ago by Jakeisthecoolest

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty obvious stuff
Published 5 months ago by avid reader

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, clear and helpful, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Hoarding: The Ultimate Guide for How to Overcome Compulsive Hoarding, Saving, And Collecting (De-Cluttering, Hoarders, Self-Help, Disorder, Treatment, Free, OCD, Buried, Organized, Organization) (Kindle Edition)
That said, this book really opened my eyes to the seriousness of the condition and presents clear and well thought out steps to first diagnose the problem and then to deal with this. I am not sure that this would really help a hoarder on its own, as the book points out it is often difficult for compulsive hoarders to recognise they have a problem, but if you have a family member or friend who you are concerned about this could really help you approach them and help them deal with it.
I have no idea about the accuracy of any medical claims, but as a lot of it seems fairly commonsensical I'm inclined to think the author knows what they are talking about.
Great effort

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting over it!!, 4 Mar 2014
I wanted to know more about this phenomenon as I might be doing a bit without actually realising it. The book takes you through all of the things you need to learn from what it is and how to over come it. I hope to get over this mild compulsive hoarding. This book will be useful to those who wants to get over this issue, or help someone or simply want to learn more about compulsive hoarding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoarding by Julian Hulse., 30 Mar 2014
Mrs. MM Urvoy "maggie-may" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This is a book I would recommend for those who are hoarders, those who like me live with a hoarder or again like me, want some understanding of hoarding as a counsellor. Many of us have a tendency to hoard, read this and you will find that you no longer want to keep that jam jar for the jam you may make next year.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty obvious stuff, 28 Mar 2014
Perhaps it's because I'm not a hoarder (apparently!), that I found this pretty obvious. I got it for free, and would have been rather miffed if I'd paid good money for it. We're told, among other things, to eat food before its 'expiration date', sell what can be sold, recycle what can be recycled, and so on. Do people (apart from compulsive hoarders, of course) really need to be told this?