Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 March 2014
This is Barry at his best!! No one does a power ballad like Barry, but put all thoughts of those amazing arrangements to one side and imagine Barry singing and playing piano just for you in your living room! You can tell these songs mean so much to him as he's singing them. There are a couple of real heart breakers on here - It Amazes Me and My One and Only Love will have you reaching for the Kleenex but you'll soon be singing along to You're Getting to be a Habit With Me and While We're Young. In my opinion this is one of the best albums Barry has ever made.
on 31 March 2014
Barry has created a terrific album here that is intimate and personal. Its just Barry and his piano playing songs that reflect his true love of the ballads. If you loved paradise café then you will love this album. Really enjoyed listening to it and the arrangements are intimate and personal. So dim the lights , get your drink, imagine that you are at the savoy and your piano player is playing just for you. Well done to Barry in doing this album . Totally unplugged and terrific.
on 27 May 2014
was really looking forward to this cd as i,ve been a barry fan for years, but was a bit disappointed, first of all he,s singing really well, and yes he is a great pianist, but still think would have been better with a big band backing as i found the whole thing pretty maudlin and i,m not taking away this man,s great talent.reminds me of streisands latest cd,s same thing great singer etc, but maudlin, sorry barry much preferred parqadise cafe, it,s not for me as only the piano as the backing doesn,t do it for me, but it still is a really good album, so don,t be put off
on 21 May 2014
I like it because it is truly a very stripped down cd. No other one accompanying him,just him & piano only, which shows his voice off in another way. Just a little bit missing that I cannot find words appropriate to say what, but never the less an excellent cd to relax in evenings to.
on 14 June 2014
Not his best but pleasant enough. Fanilows will probably love it but I think the song selection could have been better.
on 10 April 2014
This is pure and real music, Barry's voice and piano are top notch.
This cd not released in Australia unfortunately, don't know why ??
However bought it from AMAZON
This is intimate beautiful music, that will live forever. Highly recommended
on 19 May 2014
I seem to have be the only one through the years that has supported Barry Manilow and understood his music, but this album is one I can't defend. There is nothing on it apart from 'Accenssuate the positive' to get excited about. I feel that he has become stale and run out of ideas.
on 19 April 2014
A nice, OK-ish album but this would have sounded so much better if Barry had recorded this 30 years ago around the Paradise Café period (1984) when his voice was younger and had a higher tone to it. What is he doing with his vibrato on this album? It sounds forced and unnatural. Not a bad album, not a great one, but I doubt I will listen to this a lot. I am a fan of his big ballads so give me 'One Voice' and all his amazing classic recordings and I'm happy.
on 27 April 2014
Having all Manilow`s albums since the early 70s I was so looking forward to listening to his rendition of some of his favourite old standards. How disappointed I was to hear a strained voice. Also the choice of songs were a big let down. Many sounded the same.
It didn't leave me feeling relaxed and wanting more. Far from it, it made me want to turn off and put some music on that felt it had life in it, I may be getting older but I am not at deaths door yet.
His worst release yet in my opinion.
on 13 June 2014
I really like Barry Manilow, but every song sounds too much the same.
The title is appropriate - Night Songs - because the music would send you to sleep.
Still enjoyable but prefer Barry's earlier music