5.0 out of 5 stars Quality 18th album from the British veterans of rock
Marvelous sounding record from Magnum; I haven't been a fan of this band for very long but it is clear from the very first song "Live 'til you die" that this band mean business; and in hindsight- sort of continues a recent trend of very high quality albums dating back to around 2004's "Brand new morning". With "Escape from the shadow garden" I am now convinced that Magnum...
Published 8 months ago by Agma

3.0 out of 5 stars Good music - appalling sales mechanism from Amazon.
Music - This is Magnum and there are certainly echoes of past glories but I have so far yet to discover either the deep mystery of the "On a Storyteller's Night" eara or the memorable molodies of albums such as "Brand New Morning". Don't misunderstand me - it's a good album and I expect it will grow on me over time (as a long time Magnum fan!) but it lacks...
Published 2 months ago by R P Rochford

‹ Previous | 14 5 611 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnum, 2 May 2014
Brilliant new music from a very underrated band not a weak song on this album highly recommended to anyone that likes quality melodic rock

5.0 out of 5 stars magnum escape from the shadow garden, 1 May 2014
Wow wow wow I have been a huge magnum fan since story tellers they are the most underated band of all time tony clarkin the maestro what a song writer he is a story teller the last few albums are brilliant I really liked them all but this it is fresh strong powerful emotional hail magnum please come to australia the best band catleys voice is still awesome wow wow just buy it wont be dissapointed long live rock and roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Mangnum does it again, 30 April 2014
Gary Nichols (UK) - See all my reviews
Another Tony Clarkin masterpiece of writing and recording, in a string of brilliant albums - please keep them coming! I am not sure how they are able to continue producing such high quality albums, but I would say this is even better than the last one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Rated Buy it Buy it Buy It., 30 April 2014
Absolutely superb album. They keep churning them out relentlessly and such brilliant lyrics. Bob's singing is excellent as usual coupled with Tony's brilliant guitar, the group are fantastic as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars magnum at the brook southampton, 28 April 2014
bought this album just before I went to see them live at the brook, the album doesn't dissappoint , one of magnums finest albums to date, going back to there earlier album days, the tracks they played live, magnum did justice to, 5 stars recommend to buy it all magnum fans .........

5.0 out of 5 stars How do they do it, 28 April 2014
Another great album from these old rockers
Every track is a jem
If you like Magnum your love this
Catch them live, fantastic performance

4.0 out of 5 stars Best since "Princess Alice" imho, 27 April 2014
From the opener "Live 'til you Die" right through to the end "The Valley of Tears" it's a fantastic if typical helping of Magnum melodic pomp. And I mean that in a good way. Yes it can be very samey..piano intro, slow build up, bob's vocals, drum beat building to the chorus but hey, that's what I love about this music. Magnum is like an old friend...typically predictable and well known with the occasional surprise. Saw them on tour recently and as per usual, didn't play my favourite from this album, "Don't fall asleep". Hey ho...the rest live was bloody brill. Why have I not given it 5*? well there is always but always a corny (to me) track on every album that I don't like. It's "Burning River" on this album. The only album that is 5* completely is Princess Alice. I know Bob's vocals are nowhere near as good as times gone by but hey..I wish I could sing like him now, let alone in my mid 60's! Nice one Mr Clarkin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from one of the most underrated bands ..., 27 April 2014
It never ceases to amaze me how Magnum can still put out such an amazing sound consistently after all these years. This album took a few listens to really appreciate it but now it's another classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 5 Stars?, 25 April 2014
A magnificent release from one of the best rock bands ever. Magnum never disappoint and this latest album is up there with their best. It opens with Live til you die and keeps you hooked and before you know it, you are listening to track 5 Too many clowns which when I played it to friends who haven't listened to Magnum for years were hooked too and are coming to the Manchester gig to watch them with me! Then more classic Magnum from track 6 the superb Midnight Angel to the last track The Valley of tears. It's one of those albums I have not skipped through tracks to get to my favourites as every one is a classic and how they can follow this one up I do not know! Roll on Magnum at the Ritz at the end of April.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC MELODIC HARD ROCK, 25 April 2014
Edward J. mccarthy Jr. (new york new york) - See all my reviews
another great cd from one of the uks finest hard rock outfits that sadly go unknown almost in the us, this is a great follow up to last years album, all magnum records since there 2002 reunion have been fantastic!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 14 5 611 | Next ›