TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 May 2014
NOWHERE in the product description does it say that this is only a toy. This caused me severe embarrassment when I walked into a bar on Opturon 3 and was set upon by a pair of low-life mutant freighter crewmen from Arcturus Prime and had to resort to hitting them both over the head with a die-cast model of the frozen Han Solo so I could get out as my "light saber" seemed to be set on "entertain" rather than slice-hack-mutlate-cleave!
I ran from the bar waving the weapon menacingly in each of its eight strikingly different colour modes and would have been mobbed if the pulsating mode hadn't kicked in and panicked a large herd of nerfs into a stampede that knocked over my pursuers like nine-pins.
With only moments to spare, I spun into the paddock area of the Astro Marina looking for... well, anything. I had to jump-start an M-class hopper-yacht with a stove-lighter and a pair of ladies tights wrapped round the fan belt pulley to get away, hotly pursued by said bare-legged lady and an Imperial clipper full of stormtroopers.

You are compromising field operatives.
Please get your act together.

Thank you.
88 comments|204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 May 2015
Arrived on time and in very good condition. Can cycle between Jedi and Sith colors. The Force is strong with this one.
on 27 November 2015
What a load of Rubbish! So cheap and tacky, looks like it's from the pound shop. Really disappointed. Returned same day it was delivered. Would rather have spent a few more quid and got the official one!
review image review image review image
on 13 October 2014
Did more than I realised with chaning light colours and the ability to select which colour mode (No idea how my 7 year old worked that out mind as I hadn't a clue), and for less than £10 its been a success and still being used in battles!
on 11 October 2014
I think it was a bit over priced but my 10 year old son wanted it and loves it! It arrived very quickly.
on 5 July 2014
My grandsons loved these. They liked the changing colours. Good value for money
on 8 June 2014
This is very light and a bit flimsy but also fantastic, my son loves it. Its nice and bright and colourful and worth the money.
on 4 October 2014
I cannot recommend this highly enough. It is my grandson's pride and joy. He loves that it changes colour, and has hours of playing with it. It's the best priced (and fun) Light Saber in the Galaxy!!!
I purchased this for use as part of a costume, although I found myself a little disappointed.

The light sabre is effectively a low quality flashlight with a three foot retractable 'blade' attached to it. There is a switch on the handle that activates a coloured light, and the colour of the light can be changed by pressing the switch again. There are a total of about half a dozen colours available that allows you to choose what type of light sabre you want.

The handle unfortunately *looks* like a cheap plastic flash light, and when the blade is fully extended it has a 'stepped' look about it as a result of being constructed of three sections that slide into each other much like a radio antenna does. The blade is wobbly and fragile and isn't realistic or convincing enough to be used for anything other than the cheapest and most tacky of fancy dress costumes, nor would it be sturdy enough to resist the rigors of child-play in my opinion.

Finally, at about £12 I think the item is overpriced, with trademarked Star Wars light sabres being available for not a great deal more.
on 8 February 2014
Not bad at all considering the price. Kids have enjoyed many duels.

Sturdy enough to withstand plenty of clashes and very nice bright LED colours, especially at night. We were even able to use it as a torch!! Folds down to a compact size when not in use so the kids can carry it around without causing too much of a nuisance.
Also love the way you can extend it with a sharp flick of the wrist. Great for catching mum off guard, very satisfying.

All in all great value considering the official ones seem to cost at least three times as much. Will be buying some more for the nephews...