TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 May 2014
NOWHERE in the product description does it say that this is only a toy. This caused me severe embarrassment when I walked into a bar on Opturon 3 and was set upon by a pair of low-life mutant freighter crewmen from Arcturus Prime and had to resort to hitting them both over the head with a die-cast model of the frozen Han Solo so I could get out as my "light saber" seemed to be set on "entertain" rather than slice-hack-mutlate-cleave!
I ran from the bar waving the weapon menacingly in each of its eight strikingly different colour modes and would have been mobbed if the pulsating mode hadn't kicked in and panicked a large herd of nerfs into a stampede that knocked over my pursuers like nine-pins.
With only moments to spare, I spun into the paddock area of the Astro Marina looking for... well, anything. I had to jump-start an M-class hopper-yacht with a stove-lighter and a pair of ladies tights wrapped round the fan belt pulley to get away, hotly pursued by said bare-legged lady and an Imperial clipper full of stormtroopers.

You are compromising field operatives.
Please get your act together.

Thank you.
99 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I purchased this for use as part of a costume, although I found myself a little disappointed.

The light sabre is effectively a low quality flashlight with a three foot retractable 'blade' attached to it. There is a switch on the handle that activates a coloured light, and the colour of the light can be changed by pressing the switch again. There are a total of about half a dozen colours available that allows you to choose what type of light sabre you want.

The handle unfortunately *looks* like a cheap plastic flash light, and when the blade is fully extended it has a 'stepped' look about it as a result of being constructed of three sections that slide into each other much like a radio antenna does. The blade is wobbly and fragile and isn't realistic or convincing enough to be used for anything other than the cheapest and most tacky of fancy dress costumes, nor would it be sturdy enough to resist the rigors of child-play in my opinion.

Finally, at about £12 I think the item is overpriced, with trademarked Star Wars light sabres being available for not a great deal more.
on 27 November 2015
What a load of Rubbish! So cheap and tacky, looks like it's from the pound shop. Really disappointed. Returned same day it was delivered. Would rather have spent a few more quid and got the official one!
review image review image review image
on 4 October 2014
I cannot recommend this highly enough. It is my grandson's pride and joy. He loves that it changes colour, and has hours of playing with it. It's the best priced (and fun) Light Saber in the Galaxy!!!
on 17 February 2016
I bought this product based on the generally very positive reviews on this site.
The descriptions sounded excellent, but the reality was very disappointing.
I don't expect these sorts of products to last forever, but this had already broken within a day of use.
It also appeared difficult to control the colour of the saber, and several of the settings appeared to have a strobe-like effect (which I imagine could be potentially harmful for anyone with temporal lobe epilepsy - fortunately there were no seizures) which was a very annoying feature.
Very poor quality indeed.
on 25 June 2016
My son had his first fancy dress day at school and the theme was Star Wars. After deciding he wanted to be Darth Vader and getting his costume, I knew it would not be complete without a Lightsaber. I didn't want to go too overboard as there are some very expensive ones out there and considering my son is only two I knew there was a good chance it could get broken. Finally I settled for this one as it seemed relatively priced and looked like it could do the job and complete the Darth Vader look.

Once it had arrived, my boy was delighted especially with the changing colours, this seemed to be the main thing that impressed him. After looking at it myself, I thought it was useful that the Lightsaber can extend and withdraw when required but I did notice on occasion that when I had twisted to tighten it, it didn't really work.

Overall if you are looking for a budget Lightsaber that can do the job for a fancy dress, this is a great choice. The changing colours would definitely appeal to any young child. However, for anyone wanting if for anything other than a fancy dress, I'd probably say to look elsewhere. I give it 4 stars because it did what was required but the only thing that lets it down is the twisting mechanism does not always work
on 8 February 2014
Not bad at all considering the price. Kids have enjoyed many duels.

Sturdy enough to withstand plenty of clashes and very nice bright LED colours, especially at night. We were even able to use it as a torch!! Folds down to a compact size when not in use so the kids can carry it around without causing too much of a nuisance.
Also love the way you can extend it with a sharp flick of the wrist. Great for catching mum off guard, very satisfying.

All in all great value considering the official ones seem to cost at least three times as much. Will be buying some more for the nephews...
on 7 May 2016
Great light saber for those who don't want to spend a lot of money. I thought I would test this one out on my kids in case they were inclined to break them very quickly. Lots of opening and closing and leaving the lights on all day and a few epic battles. Still going strong. Does not make noise, has different light settings, some show just a solid colour or a flashing colour, and one awful strobe setting that will induce seizures or at the very least give you a massive headache. Kids love it.
on 22 May 2016
Just received this for my 5 year old son, and all I can say is what absolute rubbish this is. It is cheap, nasty and not worth more than £2. My son got a better one from a pound shop earlier in the year. I can not see this one lasting more than a few days.
on 11 June 2014
It is exactly as it is described. Item arrived on time and in very good condition. My son loved it and having great fun swooshing it around! Awesome colored light modes especially the pulsating one and brilliant in the dark! Definitely recommended for Jedi wanna-bes out there!