4.0 out of 5 stars Good game
It's a good game, brilliant story line and new upgrades are cool. But it was a short storyline, apart from that I loved playing the game. And the new suits that comes with it too.
Published 7 months ago by Hassan Hussain

3.0 out of 5 stars The Sometimes Amazing Spider-man
I'm a huge spider-man fan having read 30+ years of the web head's comic book adventures, so I'm naturally intrigued by any new game offering. Having played and completed this game I can honestly say it isn't a bad game, but it isnt an amazing one either. I still had fun web-slinging around Manhattan but there are a few issues which spoil this games potential.

I...
Published 8 months ago by Jonny

3.0 out of 5 stars The Sometimes Amazing Spider-man, 14 May 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)

I liked the new web slinging triggers, using L1 and R2 to choose which arm to swing with. This allows for some pretty nice maneuverability especially when cutting arround corners at speed. Being able to determine which arm to lead your swing with certainly gives a greater sense of control over the previous Amazing Spider-man's one button mechanism. The web swinging is far from perfect though, there were numerous occassions where traversal would be interrupted by buildings or being unable to gain height quickly enough to clear obstacles. On the whole though swinging around town is still one of the most satisfying aspects of the gameplay.

The fighting is still in the same style as the previous offering with one button for attack and one button to dodge when prompted by your spider-sense. This is the same idea as the Batman Arkham series of games, also there is a spider-sense vision which is the same idea as Batman's detective vision. During fights with larger groups of enemies I often encountered problems with the camera view which somewhat spoiled the enjoyment of putting a beat down on thugs. On some occassions enemies would be off screen out of view and it could be a struggle to get them back in frame.

As reported in other reviews I also had to reset/restart on occassion due to a game breaking bug. It only happened maybe 3 times during my playthorugh from start to finish, but it is frustrating when it does.

The Good: Web slinging, cast of notable characters from spider-man's rich history, numerous costumes to unlock,

The Bad: occassional glitches, bad camera angle during fights, short completion time

If you like Spider-man you will enjoy this game, if you dont I'm sure you would still find it an enjoyable game however it does pale in comparison to previous Spider-man games such as Amazing Spider-man and Spider-man web of shadows which I enjoyed more than this game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun for five minutes, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
Fun to play as Spiderman and swing around NYC, but this novelty lasted way less than an hour. Although most of the main missions were quite fun, it lacked the side quests and extra content to make it a game worth playing. The unlockable costumes were very cool, but I felt cheated when it came to the abilities they supposedly had. I finished the game in under a week and that's without really trying. The hero and menace system became incredibly annoying, as without completing the vast amount of very similar side missions I was bombarded with equally irritable enemies that were too easy to take down. I did like how the main campaign sometimes took advantage of the over world and allowed you to swing round it whilst fighting a boss, but these boss fights became a bit repetitive from time to time. Although not a whole lot wrong with slightly flawed mechanics, the story telling and missions were where this game was let down. There are much better games on the market for this price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game, but seems rushed.., 11 May 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
Having just completed this, I felt compelled to write a review about my thoughts on the game. Although it is quite a decent Spider-man adventure, there's a lot missing from it. Being a massive Spider-man fan, I picked up this game on the day of release even though I wasn't too impressed with all the trailers I had seen - My main gripe was the the graphics. In the trailers it looked like something meant for the Playstation 2. But, I'm not one of these gamers to be put off by graphics anyway and figured it would look better when I actually started playing it. Although the actual game looked a lot better compared to the trailers, this is in no way a "next gen" game. Infamous Second Son looked absolutely beautiful on the PS4 - but this is just nothing compared to that.

Pros:

- Spider-man looks and feels great. You have a lot of different costumes you can unlock and each suit has its own perks.

- The city is a lot bigger and better compared to the first Amazing Spider-man game. They have greatly improved the web-slinging mechanics of the game and his webbing actually sticks to the buildings this time round.

- It is a very fun Spider-man game. Compared to Beenox's other Spider-man games (Shattered Dimensions for instance) this is a HUGE improvement and is actually enjoyable and worth playing through until the end.

Cons:

- Game feels extremely rushed and unfinished. It's basically the first Amazing Spider-man game with a few minor improvements. Not much has changed apart from the web-swinging and the city. Combat is still very much the same.

- HERO AND MENACE SYSTEM!! Sounds cool right? NO!! It is EXTREMELY frustrating!! What were they thinking with this? Initially I was excited for this, believing it to be something similar to "Web of Shadows" - oh how I was wrong! You basically HAVE to drop everything you are doing to complete petty crimes around the city. Most of which are exactly the same as the last time you did one. Each "petty crime" consists of a group of masked men breaking into a building, car.. etc. After doing about 5 of those, you soon get very bored at the repetitiveness of it all. There's fire rescue, car chase, civilian rescue, bomb disarm and... I think that's it. Each of them are exactly the same pretty much. Save the civilians from the fire, rescue the hostage from the car chase, take the bomb to the river before it explodes... it's just very samey and gets boring pretty quickly. Which then makes you want to avoid completing them as much as possible. Which is impossible because of the ridiculous "hero and menace" system. For every petty crime you fail to stop in time, you get menace points. And as soon as you get the title of menace, task force soldiers soon come after you and don't leave you alone until you have gotten back into the hero status. It's stupid. Especially when you just want to collect the comics around the city, or do photo missions. I would have given this review 4 stars if not for this. This is how much a nuisance it is!!

- Graphics. As I said, I'm not too fussed on bad graphics as long as the game itself is great. But some of the civilians looked like something from the (PS2) Spider-man 2 game!! And it's just not acceptable on a PLAYSTATION 4!!

- Story. Very, VERY short. As another reviewer mentioned, it's filled with different villains, all of which you are quickly introduced to and then quickly forgotten about. You meet them, defeat them, and that's the end of it. You never see that villain again in the game.

Conclusion: For Spider-man fans like myself, this game is worth checking out. It is by no means a bad game. It's very fun and I did enjoy playing through the story and collecting everything the game has to offer. I just wish they had put more into it. This could have been better. But overall, it's a decent Spider-man adventure and I'm glad I have played it. I'd recommend waiting for the price to go down, or purchasing it on the Playstation 3 as I really can't see there being any major differences between the two consoles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 25 Jun. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game if you love the web slinger enough., 30 May 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
As a fan of the famous web slinger I enjoy the game even if it could be done better.

The hero and menace system for example is shocking and who ever came up with the idea should be allowed no input into the next instalment, it's a terrible idea. The side quest don't have enough variety to half make up for this terrible idea either. Other than that it's a decent Spider-Man game.

Recommended for big spider-man fans only.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Adequate Spiderman 2...not Amazing., 12 May 2014
R. Gould - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
This game is ok, I've completed it but have to say that I didn't really enjoy it.
The graphics aren't true next generation, not the end of the world and still looks good.
Main character models look really good but the rest of the city folk look like what we're used to from PS3.
I personally don't like the new web swing system very much as I find it difficult to get the cheeky chap to go where I want him to, especially in some of the races.
There are a lot of cool characters missing from this game and hope they can add some new story content DLC in the future to bring us some spectacular Spiderman moments.
Like I said, I’m a huge Spidey fan but I don’t think it’s all that good, I enjoyed the last few levels the most and that's not a lot for the whole game.
Wait until it’s £25.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 16 Jan. 2015
Good points.....
-its easy to swing where ever you want to go
-lots to do

Bad points...
-terrible graphics
-gets very repetitive
-nothing that fun to do like save a bank from being robbed
-a very poorly finished game

4.0 out of 5 stars Spiderman !!!!!, 5 May 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
As a casual gamer, and having bought many games over the years which soon became dull, and a chore to play, I can honestly say that I am having a lot of fun playing this game.

Ok the Graphics are not what you would expect for the PS4, but they are more than adequate. Gameplay is more important anyway, and this game certainly has got plenty of it. It may become repetative in time, and yes things could always have been done better, but if like me, you are a secret Spiderman fan, and haven't played a Spidey game for a few years, then your in for a real treat.

I was very dubious about getting this game, but I'm glad I did. It is a welcome addition to my PS4 collection, and will keep me entertained until Watch Dogs is released later this month.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Not So Amazing Spider-Man 2, 5 May 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
This game is more of the same from the first game and by that I mean some slightly fun sections swinging through the city followed by some boring inside Oscorp sections. This game is still trying to copy the fun and enjoyment of the of the Spider-Man games from the Playstation 2. I must advise you to avoid this game as it is nowhere near as good as the film. Shame too as it has lots of potential.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) (Video Game)
My son is a fun of the spider boy therefore is great game for him

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4)
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4) by Activision (PlayStation 4)