5.0 out of 5 stars Stimulus to finish some projects long outstanding..., 16 April 2014
John P. Jones III (Albuquerque, NM, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I've been using Corel products for 15 years or so, and overall, have been quite satisfied. I purchased a couple versions of their... I believe the name was Photo Shop... mainly for personal use, but also for limited professional use. Even back then (like at the beginning of time, software-wise), Corel provided more features than a mere "duffer" could possibly use. And if memory serves me correctly, the price was well over a $100. So... when Vine offered me this software for review, now with the changed tag-line that clearly states it is provided to Vine reviewers for free... I had to say yes. And even at the current stated sale price of $71.00, it is a great bargain.

Markets are "segmented," we hear. And the one that I sit in is a fairly large niche for this product. I have hours and hours of tapes taken, when my children were in their infancy, with a video camera so heavy that I had to place the main unit in a backpack and wear it. And then there are still the thousands of slides, taken on film, of the children and travels, which require digitizing. It is important to note that this Corel product will NOT accomplish those tasks, which require some additional hardware and software, which becomes cheaper by the day. What this product WILL accomplish is to make the conversion effort well worthwhile, since you can edit out the "bad stuff," like when you were focusing on the floor. And the end product will become much more "professional" looking, with easily added captions. And then, for the slides, this provides a spiffier, enhanced slide show than Powerpoint.

I found that the program loaded easily on my Windows 7 computer, 64-bit, 2 Gigs of RAM. And it operates smoothly. As one other reviewer said: who reads the manual nowadays? True enough. I found the navigation bars intuitive, and they worked flawlessly. I even made my first (rudimentary) slide presentation. It was encouraging to note from other reviewers that videos can easily be made, and uploaded to YouTube, "seamlessly." As a Vine reviewer, in addition to receiving a free copy, it should be noted that Amazon requests that a review be posted within 30 days of receipt of the product. Thus, neither I, nor any of the other reviewers, can claim extensive experience with the product. However, I'll come back in a year or so, and amend this review with my experience.

For now though, the stimulus has been applied, and I'll be organizing that substantial backlog of memories to a much more useable and permanent format. 5-stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corel VideoStudio Pro X7, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I have already written a short product review for Corel VideoStudio Pro X6. Corel offered me a free trial of Pro X7, and to me it's no better than X6. For example there seems to be less ways of saving, ( formats & bitrates ). I will be sticking to X6 for 25/50 fps AVCHD 26 mb/s and NHC for MOVHD 30 fps 42mb/s.
An update, I have had a few days getting to grips with Pro X7. Having a need to make some DVDs of a recent event using the 2 above formats, I managed to get them both on the same DVD. I take it all back with the exception of saving a MOVHD 42mb/s.
I would like to upgrade to 5*, but for some reason I can't, also I can't answer a query from Mr Booth in different review. 1 No it takes some time to get use to it. I suggest you down load a couple of short clips and practice editing and saving to the computer. 2 It will save your video to the same or a different format including 4k. 3 Your PC burner will do the job.
Another update, without reediting what I have already said, managed to change the star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, good output quality, 7 May 2014
Mr. E. R. Myer "Ed Myer" (S West UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I have used Corel/Ulead for a number of years, this is greatly improved, works well with Win 8, much quicker, output quality very good.

Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 (PC)
Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 (PC) by Corel (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
53.99