4.0 out of 5 stars not bad!
Yes it's a tad bit short but even so it's a decent read, bit predictable but aren't all romances, I have read a few of Elizabeth Lennox books, some I have really enjoyed, but there have been a couple that haven't made the grade for me, this was ok, read it in just over an hour, will read it again,!!!
Published 8 months ago by Mimmy G

2.0 out of 5 stars make-believe that doesn't work
Published 8 months ago by Georgette

2.0 out of 5 stars make-believe that doesn't work, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
Like some others, I found the background hazy. It was supposed to be the UK but the story had a definite US feeling to it. The plot was a bit too unbelievable, and it was more or less a long-length short-story. Rich tycoon, employee, and then instant sex. We learn practically nothing about her, other than she was brilliant with figures. She seemed to be a sitting target, who is just waiting for his attention. The idea that a dynamic executive who had a mountain of experience with women suddenly tumbles headlong into her clutches is very far-fetched. Love at first sight does happen, but I don't think a hard-headed businessman would consider the serious undertaking of marriage without checking up on her past, and then securing his attraction after a reasonable length of being certain she was all that he needed, in his bed and suited to his lifestyle.
The whole story was too fairy tale and didn't contain any other side interests to make it worth reading, for me. It wasn't even as good as many other stories of this kind that I've read. Perhaps it will give a commuter on the way to, or coming from, work, a very brief episode of Cinderella again, although Cinderella definitely didn't land in the Prince's bed quite so fast.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous plot, author did no research into the setting of the book., 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
The book was apparently set in London but quite clearly was written with Americanised currency and language. It made the story unreadable through the obvious flaw. The plot of the book was missing and it didn't even end and launched into another book when quite frankly the rest of the pages left could have been used to conclude the book purchased. I'm glad I didn't pay for this book but I am sorry I wasted my time reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad!, 9 Feb 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
I realise this book was free so I shouldn't expect too much. And I don't claim that I could do better. However just some simple proof reading would help, for example, to decide whether it's set in the UK or US and to tone down the excessive use of exclamation marks. Other than that, poor character development and the fact that the author had clearly been reading too much 50 Shades, it earnt it's two stars by being a bit of escapism on a Sunday morning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but inaccuracies niggled, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
This was a fun quick read but seemed unsure what it was - not well described enough to be a romance, not detailed enough to be erotic.
The UK/US mix of language rankled with me as did the ludicrous character names - what sort of name is Wyndi?
Ok for a freebie but glad I didn't pay for it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but nice enough read, 6 Feb 2014
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
This is one of those books when you know the end before you begin but the characters are lovely and it's a nice easy read although it has to be said it ended a bit too abruptly for me. I wasn't sure about Wyndi all I could think of every time her name was mentioned was K9's review of The Prince's Resistant Lover, she couldn't stop laughing over Wyndi working in a diner and wondered if she'd eaten too many beans, I never did manage to read that book after that review even though it was free.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is it located??, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
I know romances aren't supposed to be true to life and are escapism but this just wasn't very good, story was very far fetched and felt very rushed.

Not sure where it was supposed to located either, supposedly set in London, but then language use of dollar signs, sidewalk and taking the highway. Book is very confused.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
It was okay, but I kinda didn't like the male lead much. He was just too demandy and controlling. Maybe if the book had been longer after their weekend and the female lead had needed more persuading, or he wouldn't have had his realisation about her so quick; then it would have been more believable and I would have enjoyed it better. It was just all very quick, and he was all Captain Caveman, and just his touch throughout was enough to make her not think logically. Okay for a few hours of time to read.

I didn't read the last 10% of the book, as it was an excerpt of another book, and I don't like spoilers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this book, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
It started off really good and could have been a 5 star but I just felt the book was rushed. The ending was very abrupt. I did enjoy the book and it was free so it is worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish it hadn't finished, 24 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I've read off this author And I hope/wish there's a continuation as it finished too soon it was only the beginning of a story which I couldn't put down and ' read in a hour. If anyone else has read more books on this author let me know if that's it or is it at taster of the really book as it was free plus had a second chapter of a different book at the back?

The Tycoon's Make-Believe Fiancée