Published 12 days ago by Mr. B. P. Heason

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a vanity project
After hearing Gus G in Firewind, I was eager to check his solo-debut out. I've only played it once, but I liked it first time. More guitar solos would be good and less vocal work
Published 7 months ago by PhilMet

5.0 out of 5 stars There are a few too many guitar shredding tracks for those who don`t enjoy the air guitar pyrotechnic, 6 Dec 2014
Superb rock album, with a varied line up of singers, Mats Leven is the main man on tour and on a most of the vocal tracks. There are a few too many guitar shredding tracks for those who don`t enjoy the air guitar pyrotechnic. Even so the guy is a great guitarists and has been a member of Firewind and Ozzy`s band for a number of years. Check this album out, as it`s a great rock album that might surprise the unfamiliar to the world of Gus G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning album., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: I Am The Fire (Audio CD)
What a fabulous year 2014 is turning out to be, Vandenberg's Moonkings, Red Dragon Cartel, Dead Daisies, Adrenalin Mob, to name a few, and its only March!!! Now its the turn of Gus G to lay his cards on the table......... he has a very good hand.

This is definitely a guitarist's showcase album, but it is NOT a gratuitous collection of self worship tracks. The songs are superb, very well written, with a diverse range of styles to keep things moving along and not sounding samey. Mats Leven on vocals does a splendid job, his delivery makes me get an image of a cross between Alice Cooper and Sebastian Bach (minus the nut squeezing high notes!). The guest vocalists are an excellent inclusion too, and both 'Long Way Down' (Alexia Rodriguez), and 'Redemption' (Michael Starr) are standout tracks, with 'Redemption' just edging it as the album hi-light (at least for now!)

Gus' guitar work does get the chance to hog the limelight on a couple of instrumental tracks, here he brings in Billy Sheehan and Dave Ellefson as guest Bassists, an interesting, and unusual twist on the norm. The placement of these tracks is just right, breaking the album up very well, and giving Gus the opportunity to fly, without being accused trying to hog, each and every track, a mark of a true musician, he has me eager and excited for what he will offer in the future, and definitely on my 'To see' list.

I've played this through 5 or 6 times already, with the rest of the day pretty much ear marked for more plays, AND it's on my poker-night playlist tonight, so I will be introducing it to others, who I know will be dropping it in their baskets. It really is one of those albums that grabs you from the off, and just gets better and better.

An awesome album, I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could, and a genuine contender for a place in my, 2014 Top Ten, and with 9 months still to go, it really has set the bar. It's a definite 'BUY IT' recommendation from me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a vanity project, 19 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from a big artist, 6 Dec 2014
Great album from a big artist. The new version of the album has also some new tracks worthy to check out and a dvd really good for guitar player and backstage funs

5.0 out of 5 stars A top album, 26 April 2014
This review is from: I Am The Fire (Audio CD)
Gus G is simply a guitar god but here we see him playing hard rock. A very talented man who deserves all the success that comes his way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
He is on fire

I Am The Fire
I Am The Fire by Gus G. (Audio CD - 2014)